Sign in to follow this  
notnilc20

Houston Rockets @ Memphis Grizzlies PRESEASON gm.4

Just now, Back2Grizzness said:

The Good:

Brandon Wright looks great. Chalmers is an amazing story so far. 

The Bad:

Tyreke's BBIQ is rough man...

the Ugly:

we own the worst contract in the NBA

Yep. Good news is that we still have Wayne and Ben Mac that haven't even played yet. 

I just dont see how Tyreke and more ball movement fit together. That isnt his style. If you just wanted an extra guy to get the ball across halfcourt you accomplished that.

The thing with Reke and Chalmers is telling how much of their low mobility is rust from not playing in a long time and how much is permanent mobility loss. I guess we'll have to wait until the regular season to know.

1 minute ago, fanboyslim said:

The thing with Reke and Chalmers is telling how much of their low mobility is rust from not playing in a long time and how much is permanent mobility loss. I guess we'll have to wait until the regular season to know.

Everybody's needs to work on their conditioning to play the switchy aggressive defense and uptempo offense.   

I understand Fiz wants to see how the young guys perform, but I'm not sure throwing them against the Rockets' first unit is going to be very useful in that regard.

Right now Rade is a waste of a roster spot 🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️

Just now, Michael D said:

Rade and Harrison stink 

Literally nobody is more  useless than Chandler is right now.   Parsons Wade and Rade are the three guys that won't be cobtributing this year.

Baldwin, Brooks n Martin ain't been any better. Cuts gonna be two of Harrison/Martin/Baldwin/Zag/Brooks. Its a toss up.

3 minutes ago, cdp said:

Baldwin, Brooks n Martin ain't been any better. Cuts gonna be two of Harrison/Martin/Baldwin/Zag/Brooks. Its a toss up.

Im thinking Martin and Baldwin right now

6 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Im thinking Martin and Baldwin right now

That's where my money is after this game.    Harrison still grades out to be one of our better perimeter defenders.   

I like Martins athleticism but against real NBA rosters he doesn't standout enough. 

As currently constructed we don't have enough athleticism on second unit due to it primarily featuring all the injury-prone guys.

Even before Harrison hit those 2 garbage time 3s, he was making winning plays. People are crazy if they think they are going to let Harrison go.

Martin may be on the chopping block after tonight. I do think Brooks plays like Troy Williams did last year. Why oh why did we let him go.

Martin and Seldon are gone. Maybe. I really don't know.

I do know that Baldwin and Harrison will be on the team. I do think they probably like Chalmers. 

The thing is if we get rid of Martin we are guard heavy.

I just hope this was an off night for Tyreke...he looked pretty bad out there in my opinion.  I mean....no one really stood out....we are relying solely on Mike and Marc and neither of them are alpha types. Gonna be interesting.

I think Parson's needs to go in whatever way possible. I think that second unit would do better with Martin and Wright as the two bigs.

If Parsons can't become Ryan Anderson then there is no place for him on the team...It's obvious Reke, Rio and hopefully Ben are gonna have to step up and be the 3rd and 4th options on the team... If the Grizz plan to make the playoffs they are gonna need someone to take a big leap in production this season cause Chandler is done

8 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

That's where my money is after this game.    Harrison still grades out to be one of our better perimeter defenders.   

I like Martins athleticism but against real NBA rosters he doesn't standout enough. 

As currently constructed we don't have enough athleticism on second unit due to it primarily featuring all the injury-prone guys.

I wish I could have seen Rabb play Summer league I'm pretty sure I'd still rather have Ojeleye Bolden or Bell but I wish I could see if he offers anything.

I'll give Rade a pass this year the team brought him over cause they had to not cause they wanted too. It was something weird about his contract situation overseas...

Wade can go nuff said....Harrison and Kobi are the present and future at that spot no need for him

I like Martin and he may end up being good or he'll end up being just a guy but unless Parsons is gone we will never find out cause we have to play the max guy even if he sucks

28 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

I wish I could have seen Rabb play Summer league I'm pretty sure I'd still rather have Ojeleye Bolden or Bell but I wish I could see if he offers anything.

I'll give Rade a pass this year the team brought him over cause they had to not cause they wanted too. It was something weird about his contract situation overseas...

Wade can go nuff said....Harrison and Kobi are the present and future at that spot no need for him

I like Martin and he may end up being good or he'll end up being just a guy but unless Parsons is gone we will never find out cause we have to play the max guy even if he sucks

No.Parsons is clearly earning his time in practice. 

12 minutes ago, Dwash said:

No.Parsons is clearly earning his time in practice. 

@peteredmiston

Wade Baldwin, after practice today: "I think in practices, I've been very dominant. In the games, it's been an inconsistent thing."

I swear they need to start selling season tickets for these practices.  Pera is missing out on a surefire way to generate tremendous revenue!

10 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

@peteredmiston

Wade Baldwin, after practice today: "I think in practices, I've been very dominant. In the games, it's been an inconsistent thing."

I swear they need to start selling season tickets for these practices.  Pera is missing out on a surefire way to generate tremendous revenue!

Just give me a practice box score and I will be happy.

Can they send Parsons to the G league and see if he can at least play on that level?  Then if he proves he can, bring him back to the big team?  I hate to give up on a guy, but he seems to be damaged goods.  His knees seem as stiff as the tin man's.

10 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I've been saying this for months now and certain people told me I was crazy for feeling that way.

Seems people are coming around now. 

8 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

I've been saying this for months now and certain people told me I was crazy for feeling that way.

Seems people are coming around now. 

To be clear I think both Martin and Harrison should stay.   They are just financially the easiest guys to cut.   Parsons is done and Wade is a waste of time.  Those two are the only guys that surefire should be cut if they are basing the decision on team success and not pride.  

2 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

To be clear I think both Martin and Harrison should stay.   They are just financially the easiest guys to cut.   Parsons is done and Wade is a waste of time.  Those two are the only guys that surefire should be cut if they are basing the decision on team success and not pride.  

What happened to the man who was preaching about developing youth? Now you want veterans who are coming off of serious injuries that have limited them for most of the last 18 months over developing youth. Are you falling back into the trap that your old buddy Dave Joerger did of wanting to win over develop youth? 

:o:lol:

“If you’re a Memphis fan you’re asking what’s happened to my team.” — Former Memphis coach Hubie Brown just now

Ouch.