Sign in to follow this  
notnilc20

Memphis Grizzlies @ Atlanta Hawks - PRESEASON- gm.3

When the final roster is set there will be at least two players with guaranteed deals who don’t belong and two players released who can play in the league. Very sad.

10 minutes ago, MemphisX said:

Martin is better than Parsons at this point.

Dillion Brooks Is Better too.   Parsons needs to go. 

10 minutes ago, MemphisX said:

Martin is better than Parsons at this point.

Kobi is legitimately exciting to watch.  

6 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Dillion Brooks Is Better too.   Parsons needs to go. 

Kobi is legitimately exciting to watch.  

When compared to Baldwin and Harrison at least

The low scoring games will continue as long as Marc gasol is here.  I know many blamed it on a style we had due to zbo being on the roster.

The reason we have so many young point guard prospects is because none of them are any good.

That's also the wrong reason to have so many young point guard prospects.

I guess maybe we could trade Baldwin for a trashy future draft pick....  Would anyone give up maybe some used nets for Harrison?

I might have joined the Kobi Simmons bus tonight, but only because the alternatives had more time to prove themselves inadequate.

Also, if the Grizzlies were looking forward to playing these preseason games, as they've been saying, it sure didn't look like it. And if we were thinking of tonight as a tuneup for the regular season, there's a lot to fix there and not much time to do it. It's hard to even know what we've got looking at a mess like that. 

19 minutes ago, tmoneyinmphs said:

80 points in preseason.  This team looks fragile and like a sub 500 team.

They played the hustle squad almost all 3rd and 4th quarter 

It is so incredibly hard to find a legitimate NBA-level point guard. It's probably as difficult or more so than finding an NFL starting-caliber quarter back. So, I'm really not hating on the front office here. They have looked under every rock and stone. They have tried just about every point guard who had a chance of making it in the league over the past several years. But, again, these point guard prospects just don't look like they're going to make the leap.

Mario Chalmers was a great pickup. Leave it at that and cut bait with the point guards who aren't going to work out, and try again in future. Go for Tyus Battle in the next draft.

Also, very early returns, it looked like signing Rabb to a guaranteed roster spot was probably pointless, at least for this season. He looked glued to the ground and invisible on defense.

37 minutes ago, Memphis Maverick said:

I'm glad you pointed that out! The negativity is absolutely awful on here 

1 hour ago, Memphis Maverick said:

21 minutes ago, Mempho said:

I'm glad you pointed that out! The negativity is absolutely awful on here 

The grizz had 41 points in the first half.  

That was a little hard to watch but hopefully when the rotations slim down they'll mesh better.  Marc and Mike gotta really be vocal and be leaders out there.  

19 minutes ago, notnilc20 said:

That was a little hard to watch but hopefully when the rotations slim down they'll mesh better.  Marc and Mike gotta really be vocal and be leaders out there.  

Yea that's how I see it too.   Guys just need time to gel and figure

out there roles.    

Ennis looks like he is gonna have a pretty good year for us. 

Tyreke started off slow but got better as game went on.   

Rio still looking like our best backup PG in years.   

Dillon showing that he is going to force his way into rotation with his heady play and tenacity.    

JaM is gonna be solid again.

BRandan fits as a good changeup backup to Marc.  

Rade even showed his potential as a player in the future.   

also really digging the multiple ballhandlers on court at all times we are doing.   That's gonna pay dividends soon.  

As as long as mike+Marc play all star level we have enough legit NBA players to be a playoff team. They really didn't score much hence why the score was so low.

Harrison, Wade, Scott, and Hunter can all be cut. Hunter doesn't need to be taking up our other 2way spot he's not that good. And has zero potential.. Kobi is the perfect example of what a 2 way player is.   As we've said before Baldwin is trash it was a bad pic to begin with and it's starting to look like Rade might end up being the best of the 3 picks from that draft.

Harrison can go cause he's doesn't have more potential than Jarell and with Wrights injury history and DD likely needing to go to Southhaven the team is gonna need another big with size to help. Martin is very versatile position wise and a faster paced second unit will help him utilize hid talents better.

I hope we can move Parsons cause if he can't play the 3 we don't need him....That signing should have been the nail in Wallace's coffin.... Parson's is done he has mobility and his shot is still flat. I don't think he has a role on this team.

Starters

Mike

Ben/Seldon

Ennis 

Green

Marc

Bench

Rio

Seldon/Brooks

Reke/Brooks

Martin

Wright

Parsons could come off the bench but his only role would be spot up guy cause reke and Rio would have the ball and do we really need to pay 94mil for that.

I wonder if people posting here will go back and re-read what they wrote after the 1st pre-season game? It’s surprising how quickly people fall in and out of love with players based on meaningless pre-season games. 

Pre-season is when the coaches experiment with lineups in real game situations, try to discover weaknesses to work on in practice and see what players who won’t be in the regular  rotation need to work on. Don’t try to make grand conclusions from what you see in these games. They aren’t intended to show what the team is capable of doing once the games start to matter.

6 hours ago, chipc3 said:

I wonder if people posting here will go back and re-read what they wrote after the 1st pre-season game? It’s surprising how quickly people fall in and out of love with players based on meaningless pre-season games. 

I've never understood why people over-react to things like summer league and pre-season. I barely watch pre-season mainly because you can't get any real information, hell, you may be 20-25% into the regular season before you really know who this team is. I'm pretty sure i have heard coaches in the past say it can take 1/4 to 1/3 of the season before you figure out who your team is (well, newer teams, not established teams) So over-analyzing preseason is not a thing i do but to each his own. 

51 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Pre-season is when the coaches experiment with lineups in real game situations, try to discover weaknesses to work on in practice and see what players who won’t be in the regular  rotation need to work on. Don’t try to make grand conclusions from what you see in these games. They aren’t intended to show what the team is capable of doing once the games start to matter.

You may not be able to make team assessments based off preseason games, but individual player assessments can surely be made off preseason games

57 minutes ago, Notorious O.D.K. said:

I've never understood why people over-react to things like summer league and pre-season. I barely watch pre-season mainly because you can't get any real information, hell, you may be 20-25% into the regular season before you really know who this team is. I'm pretty sure i have heard coaches in the past say it can take 1/4 to 1/3 of the season before you figure out who your team is 9well, newer teams, not established teams) SO over-analyzing preseason is not a thing i do but to each his own. 

It's the boredom and the lack of a constant stream of basketball games and news. Once the season starts we'll go back to overreacting to regular season games.

I fell asleep halfway through the 1st quarter so I can't comment. Was Parsons that bad? He didn't look as bad as last season in the previous game.

31 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

You may not be able to make team assessments based off preseason games, but individual player assessments can surely be made off preseason games

Yep no idea why that's difficult for some people to understand.    Wade has been trash every single time we have seen him on the court.  Whether its NBA, Summer League or preseason games.   Its not reaching to make a judgement  that he is far from being an NBA ready player based off all of those assessments. 

1 hour ago, Ndq0327 said:

Exactly. After all, it is precisely what the front office is doing right now. It is also probably the lead story for this team in the media.

3 hours ago, Ndq0327 said:

Not really in my opinion. We haven’t seen Conley, Gasol or JaMychal really giving their best effort yet. Reke has played one game so game so far. Rookies are notoriously unsure of themselves. 

And dont forget that the opposing teams are doing the same thing the Grizzlies are. They aren’t giving 100% effort and are playing lineups that will likely never be seen in the regular season. 

Im very wary of making any type of predictions based on pre-season showings both good and bad. 

1 hour ago, chipc3 said:

Not really in my opinion. We haven’t seen Conley, Gasol or JaMychal really giving their best effort yet. Reke has played one game so game so far. Rookies are notoriously unsure of themselves. 

And dont forget that the opposing teams are doing the same thing the Grizzlies are. They aren’t giving 100% effort and are playing lineups that will likely never be seen in the regular season. 

Im very wary of making any type of predictions based on pre-season showings both good and bad. 

That's fine for you but NBA FO and history says otherwise.   Heck the fact that we have to cut 2 guys by start of season means that FO HAS to make assessments of guys  based off of summer league and preseason.     Judging the outcome of the game itself may be largely counterproductive but evaluating how guys that were injured mobility and young guys ability to play correct scheme is extremely valuable and telling.