Sign in to follow this  
Kevin B Moses

Memphis's future starting lineup projection thread

To me the grizzlies have two of their future starting 5.

Wade Baldwin and Dede Davis. To me these guys are perfect compliments.

Wade is an ultra quick guard that can get in the lane and finish, while dede davis can singlehandedly lock down the defensive side, along with baldwins long arms, we have the potential to have a top 5 defense, just with them alone.

What do the grizzlies need? My opinion is that the Grizzlies need a buddy heild type player, it also would not hurt to get a mkg type at the wing. I would prefer our star to be at the sg, since that would be easier to integrate within an offense. 3s are better as more specialized roles in 3 and d.

Also, i think our next draft the grizzlies need to aporoach it with baldwin and davis in mind than mike and marc in mind.

4 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

To me the grizzlies have two of their future starting 5.

Wade Baldwin and Dede Davis. To me these guys are perfect compliments.

Wade is an ultra quick guard that can get in the lane and finish, whike dede davis can singlehandedly lock down the defensive side, along with baldwins long arms, we have the potential to have a top 5 defense, just with them alone.

What do the grizzlies need? My opinion in that the Grizzlies need a buddy heild type player, it also would not hurt to get a mkg type at the wing. I would prefer our star to be at the sg, since that would be easier to integrate within an offense. 3s are better as more specialized roles in 3 and d.

Also, i think our next draft the grizzlies need to aporoach it with baldwin and davis in mind than mike and marc in mind.

LeBron James, Kevin Durant, Kawhi Leonard, Giannis Antetokoumpo, Carmelo Anthony, Paul Pierce, Gordon Hayward, Paul George and Rudy Gay would like to disagree.

3 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

LeBron James, Kevin Durant, Kawhi Leonard, Giannis Antetokoumpo, Carmelo Anthony, Paul Pierce, Gordon Hayward, Paul George and Rudy Gay would like to disagree.

Not one of those players plays within the flow of the offense. They mostly employ the mj strategy, give me the ball and get out of my way.

Lebron, to counter, usually has to play facilatator, a role that is not generally the domain of sf. Pg, plays pf to counteract it. The greek freak, iso. Rudy gay, iso. Melo, iso and pf. Gordon is a hybrid. Durant is iso. Leonard and lamarcus still haven't figured out how to play together. Paul pierce played a lot of 3 and d.

So do you have any thoughts on this topic or do you just want to go round and round with nonsense.

14 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Not one of those players plays within the flow of the offense. They mostly employ the mj strategy, give me the ball and get out of my way.

Lebron, to counter, usually has to play facilatator, a role that is not generally the domain of sf. Pg, plays pf to counteract it. The greek freak, iso. Rudy gay, iso. Melo, iso and pf. Gordon is a hybrid. Durant is iso. Leonard and lamarcus still haven't figured out how to play together. Paul pierce played a lot of 3 and d.

So do you have any thoughts on this topic or do you just want to go round and round with nonsense.

Yeah, riiiiight!  I'm fairly certain that I could find more posters to agree with me than you could on this topic.

11 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

This board is so **** toxic, no wonder nobody comes here anymore.

Says the guy who 13 minutes earlier called another poster’s opinion “nonsense”.

34 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

They don't play within the offense?!!!  Heck, most of those guys ARE the offense.  You just show me the SG in the league right now that you would take over those guys.  If you average their per 36 numbers those guys provide 21 points and 3.7 assists.  How many SGs in the league have per 36 numbers like that.

The "Greek Freak" averages more assists per minute than any of them minus LeBron, so I don't see how he is an "iso" player.

The only point I'm trying to make is that it is just silly to limit players to certain roles based upon the position they play (i.e. - 3 and D SF).  The roles of your players should be dictated by the abilities they possess.  I guess it was just wrong for LaFayette Lever to average around 9 rebounds per game as a PG when he was in the prime of his career, he should have just stuck to running offense, assisting, scoring and perimeter defense.

A dynamic scorer with the ceiling of an allstar player would be ideal, If you're choosing between SG and SF go with player you think has a better chance of reaching their ceiling doubt we'll have the luxury of that kind of choice (I doubt we'll be a bad enough team to get a top ten pick) as bad as we've been at drafting odds suggest we should hit on one soon, I mean you couldn't pick as bad as us for as long as us if you tried

40 minutes ago, Ace-is-high said:

A dynamic scorer with the ceiling of an allstar player would be ideal, If you're choosing between SG and SF go with player you think has a better chance of reaching their ceiling doubt we'll have the luxury of that kind of choice (I doubt we'll be a bad enough team to get a top ten pick) as bad as we've been at drafting odds suggest we should hit on one soon, I mean you couldn't pick as bad as us for as long as us if you tried

Do you think davis and wade are our future 1 and 5, where do you see the rookies we have in the future.

2 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

This board is so **** toxic, no wonder nobody comes here anymore.

IMG_4041.JPG

3 hours ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

conley

reke

parson

jam 

gasol

This. Still personally pulling for Wayne Seldon to eventually start at 2 though.

7 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Do you think davis and wade are our future 1 and 5, where do you see the rookies we have in the future.

I haven't watched any summer league or either of the pre season games so I cant comment on this years rookies, but wade davis and Harrison look so far away from being reliable starters that id feel dumb trying to predict, that Seldon kid was looking like a nice pick up last year down the stretch but if were relying on these guys to be real contributors (like Harrison as last years back up pg) in the next two years id say were in trouble

Your post is silly because you are proposing that two guys who literally should be waived are our future.  At that point, you can say anything and it makes more sense than the OP.

35 minutes ago, MemphisX said:

Your post is silly because you are proposing that two guys who literally should be waived are our future.  At that point, you can say anything and it makes more sense than the OP.

Remember that KBM's approach IS to say anything just to start a topic.  
And no topic's going to take off if it starts with a calm, reasonable statement. 

See:
(1) We hope Baldwin gets better and Parsons' knee is better. 
vs. (2) Chancun and Parsons are fat and lazy. 

So, just like the rest of teh interwebs. 

(In fact we missed a chance recently with You Won't Believe What Marc Gasol Looks Like Now!!!!!) 

37 minutes ago, MemphisX said:

I could say the same thing about your post and 99% of the posts in this thread for not answering the question of the thread, rather than focusing on MY future lineup.

But i just say that you guys have run off 90% of posters on the board, so you have nothing but negativity 24/7. And lol, thinking you all are the majority.

8 minutes ago, TimBC said:

Remember that KBM's approach IS to say anything just to start a topic.  
And no topic's going to take off if it starts with a calm, reasonable statement. 

See:
(1) We hope Baldwin gets better and Parsons' knee is better. 
vs. (2) Chancun and Parsons are fat and lazy. 

So, just like the rest of teh interwebs. 

(In fact we missed a chance recently with You Won't Believe What Marc Gasol Looks Like Now!!!!!) 

This board is a wasteland for a reason, huey dewy and louie and the constant negativity makes the board toxic.

9 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

This board is a wasteland for a reason, huey dewy and louie and the constant negativity makes the board toxic.

Or it could be because you create insane topics and incessantly complain that people think it is insane. 

Are posters really supposed to act like Wade Baldwin and Davis “is our future” is a viable topic?

Might as well said Kobi Simmons and Rade.

15 minutes ago, MemphisX said:

Or it could be because you create insane topics and incessantly complain that people think it is insane. 

Are posters really supposed to act like Wade Baldwin and Davis “is our future” is a viable topic?

Might as well said Kobi Simmons and Rade.

No you arent. You are supposed to participate with your own futures, but i guess you feel the team is trash until they do what you want so you sulk about it and contribute negative comments to anyone that believes different and run people off.

Ive been creating threads on this board for over 10 years, people stayed. It was only when the negativity has gotten to be every other post that people left. Who is responsible for that? Your comrades.

The board is dead because the team is boring.

There really is no suspense with this season or the players on the team, I wish there would be some kind of movement either good or bad because right now we are stuck in neutral, 

I think its very depressing we can't get along with each other on this board. We're all adults and hope we're Grizzlies fans but it seems all everyone wanna do it bash others here. I been posting here for along time and always wanted to see the bright side of our team's future. If we all can simply accept no one is perfect than this board will be alot more fun, active, and respectfully. Personally i hope Wade becomes a combo guard and not a 1 and that Davis becomes a Tyson Chandler type. So lets learn to enjoy a bright future instead of being trapped in a dark past.

Much love to my fellow posters.

1 hour ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

There really is no suspense with this season or the players on the team, I wish there would be some kind of movement either good or bad because right now we are stuck in neutral, 

Thank you, sir or madam, as the case may be.

Considering the source, this is a ray of sunshine. :D

Just a few more weeks and we'll have some real stuff to argue about.

7 hours ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

Funny you should say that when there are only five guys left who played over 700 minutes last season, and only three of those were starters.  We have had a lot of movement.  You may be skeptical of how successful we can be with the talent that we have, but I'm sure it will be different.  In other words, not neutral, reverse maybe?