Sign in to follow this  
notnilc20

Memphis Grizzlies @ Phila 76'ers - PRESEASON- gm.2

3 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

We were up ten, now I see 17.  Is our G-League better than theirs?

Nah, we went 14-2 in the last two minutes of the 3rd, and the coaches emptied the benches.

17 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

Seriously though, Rade doesn't look ready for the NBA.

Such a waste of a roster spot.   He needs 2 more years in Europe. 

12 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Such a waste of a roster spot.   He needs 2 more years in Europe. 

Another Chris Wallace special!

3 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Another Chris Wallace special!

We knew Rade was a slow wing who wasnt a knock down shooter before he signed. He had no role and the roster was crowded.

Why is everyone down on dede davis? I didn't watch the game but he looked like he had a nice boxscore game. 2 steals and 3 blocks. He clear looks like he played some d tonight.

This thread is really instructive.

Our roster, minus Gasol, Conley, McLemore, and Tyreke, just beat the pants off of the 76ers minus Saric and Embiid, but according to this thread, every one of our players is horrible trash. 

Ben Simmons, Markell Fultz, and Jalil Okafor were out there trying.

2 minutes ago, Herodotus said:

Our roster, minus Gasol, Conley, McLemore, and Tyreke, just beat the pants off of the 76ers minus Saric and Embiid, but according to this thread, every one of our players is horrible trash. 

I'm also confused. People were saying Okafor schooled davis. Okafor went 1-4 with 2 points. :confused!!!!!!!

I think they gave Zag guaranteed money as incentive to come over from Mega Leks. And as incentive, if he's waived (and clears waivers), to stay n play with the Hustle. Same with Brooks. I don't see room on the team for both of them.

2 hours ago, dy_dy_dynomite said:

Not going to lie I miss the old board when we would have 30 pages on a summer league/preseason  game 

The board is too negative and they ran everyone off except for a few of us that stayed. Who wants to hear every 5 seconds about how ****** this team is and how they are going to be terrible every year. That **** gets old quick. And if you are positive at all they basic laugh at you which they do to me all the time.

10 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

The board is too negative and they ran everyone off except for a few of us that stayed. Who wants to hear every 5 seconds about how ****** this team is and how they are going to be terrible every year. That **** gets old quick. And if you are positive at all they basic laugh at you which they do to me all the time.

It's crazy to think I've been on theses boards this long. I used to view the page for a bit before making my account.  The only names I see post regularly that have been on the boards as long as me are you and chip

31 minutes ago, Herodotus said:

... and the two guys you see us moving on from had the best games.

I am excited to see the full rotation in Fiz offense.    Having multiple ballhandlers will really open up the scoring.     All i need to see now is Tyreke healthy and finishing at the rim for my glasses to turn fully rose-colored. 

31 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

I'm also confused. People were saying Okafor schooled davis. Okafor went 1-4 with 2 points. :confused!!!!!!!

That would be Emeka, not Jahlil.  J. Okafor - 13/6

43 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Why is everyone down on dede davis? I didn't watch the game but he looked like he had a nice boxscore game. 2 steals and 3 blocks. He clear looks like he played some d tonight.

You really needed to see the game to know.  DD had some good moments, and then he had others which show he needs to develop more.  For example, one play he fought hard to get an offensive rebound which really looked unlikely for him to get, corralled it, passed it to a teammate coming in the lane and when he moved to the bucket was not ready for the return pass rolling to the hoop, and the ball went out of bounds off his hands.  There were others as well.  He is still young and I have hope for him, and he may improve throughout the season.  I think he will anyway.

So what would Wright have to do to get some praise?

6 minutes ago, TimBC said:

So what would Wright have to do to get some praise?

Hit more jumpshots and dunk harder. Be sure to meanmug, scream and beat his chest after dunking.

1 hour ago, smit-tay griz said:

... and the two guys you see us moving on from had the best games.

Yeah, well. 

Brandan Wright came out like something lit a fire under him. Offensively, that was one of his best games ever. Look back over his game logs. He puts up 16 or so points once every 20 or so games, maybe. I wouldn't suggest reading too much into it.

The worse Deyonta Davis looks, though, the better Wright looks. What I think is troubling with regards to Davis is not so much his play, but his body language. His play was overall fine, but he looks like something's not right with him upstairs. He doesn't show any emotion, no passion. He had a great block tonight, which for most shot blockers who take pride in defense and a challenge would have been an electric moment, and, instead, Davis had this look on his face like he had popped several Xanax before the game. That's what worries me about him. He's got that Darko look to him.

If you think Harrison had a good game, well, I don't really know what to say to that. Harrison is Harrison. He didn't do anything he didn't do all last season. He's still the same exact guy. Harrison's idiotic slow step, try to muscle his way and draw a foul action rarely actually works. He tried it a bunch in the first preseason game, and he looked foolish. Tonight, it worked out for him a couple of times when it didn't the other night. I'm not enamored with him at all.

What is irritating about watching these preseason games is that the point guards all know they're playing for their lives, so it looks like a Summer League game out there, with almost every possession consisting of those guys blowing off the screen or whatever and taking it themselves. They're not running the sets or getting others involved. So, Harrison took it himself almost every opportunity he had. Just like Kobi Simmons did. Wade, actually, less so tonight, but he's still under the same pressure and making the same kind of me-first decisions, that are generally bad for him (and everyone). It makes it very difficult to evaluate those guys, because they're not doing what they would really be asked to do in games that matter. I would really appreciate it if Fizz would nip this in the bud. Those guys need to be running the team and helping everyone get ready to compete, not showing out on their own.

Kobi Simmons is G-League material all the way and I think it's really weird how some have really focused in on him. Maybe he'll come around some in DeSoto Co. this season.