Kevin B Moses

Things i know wont happen, but should

First: Kobi Simmons is our best rookie.

Hes also better than, Wayne Selden and id say he has the potential to be even better than harrison.

The guy probably wont even be on the active roster.

Two: Vince Hunter should be on the roster. He is better than Brooks, Rade, Rabb, Selden.

If Jarell is let go it will be a crime. The guy IS a rotation player on this team.

Selden is 23 and he is just AVERAGE.

48 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

First: Kobi Simmons is our best rookie.

Hes also better than, Wayne Selden and id say he has the potential to be even better than harrison.

The guy probably wont even be on the active roster.

Two: Vince Hunter should be on the roster. He is better than Brooks, Rade, Rabb, Selden.

If Jarell is let go it will be a crime. The guy IS a rotation player on this team.

Selden is 23 and he is just AVERAGE.

There are reasons these things won’t happen.

Kobi Simmons wasn’t the best rookie on the court. He’s not yet better than Wayne Selden and he is t as good as Harrison right now. He won’t be on the active roster that much because he signed a two way contract the doesn’t allow him to play with the Grizzlies that much. 

Vince Hunter is not going to make the roster because he isn’t that good. He has a lot of hustle and desire but he’s too short to play inside and has no perimeter game. 

Jarell may or may not be released but he isn’t a regular rotation player yet. 

Selden at 23 is average but that isn’t bad considering he’s played fewer than 20 regular season games in his NBA career. He turned 23 last week so it is t like he’s a 4 year veteran. Average with his experience isn’t all bad.

1 hour ago, chipc3 said:

There are reasons these things won’t happen.

Kobi Simmons wasn’t the best rookie on the court. He’s not yet better than Wayne Selden and he is t as good as Harrison right now. He won’t be on the active roster that much because he signed a two way contract the doesn’t allow him to play with the Grizzlies that much. 

Vince Hunter is not going to make the roster because he isn’t that good. He has a lot of hustle and desire but he’s too short to play inside and has no perimeter game. 

Jarell may or may not be released but he isn’t a regular rotation player yet. 

Selden at 23 is average but that isn’t bad considering he’s played fewer than 20 regular season games in his NBA career. He turned 23 last week so it is t like he’s a 4 year veteran. Average with his experience isn’t all bad.

With Simmons, as with any player, I am looking at more than the box score. Kobi's speed and ball handling remind me a lot of Dennis Schröder. He is not going to be a great pg, true, but more of a playmaking 2, and strong in the pnr.

I also like Rabb's rebounding. But I didn't see the "special" quality I saw in Kobi in him.

8 minutes ago, lsugrizzfan said:

I'm just baffled how you make such definitive conclusions after one preseason game. 

I could just say that Kobi is my favorite new player. I understand that he has a long way to go, but that one spin and finish (you can see it on ESPN, they highlighted it :)) it looks pretty special to me.

Just think about the things people said about Wade Baldwin after the first preseason game last year. 

Hell, people compared his first regular season game numbers to Michael Jordan...not even kidding.

40 minutes ago, The_PROOF said:

Just think about the things people said about Wade Baldwin after the first preseason game last year. 

Hell, people compared his first regular season game numbers to Michael Jordan...not even kidding.

Baldwin, like Simmons, has talent. But I agree that this board is crazy stupid when it comes to their pronouncements. Marc was a scrub, OJ was the next dwade. 

My thing is that I am just looking at the skillset and projecting. 

On 3.10.2017 at 11:04 PM, Kevin B Moses said:

I could just say that Kobi is my favorite new player. I understand that he has a long way to go, but that one spin and finish (you can see it on ESPN, they highlighted it :)) it looks pretty special to me.

What about that time when he jumped straight into Mo Speights in a classic 1 on 5 action and got blocked into abyss? Or when he jacked a brick with 20 seconds on the clock? This dude will never defend anyone in this league and he's no Isiah Thomas on offense.

I like Kobi Simmons.   I don't think he is better than Selden but i think he has potential to be a good PG.   I also believe that as Fiz has shown with Conley's breakout year.  He can craft an offense that maximizes a quick scoring PG skills.   Out of the 3 PG prospects we have Kobi is the quickest and most natural scorer.   I am fully onboard with focusing on developing him as the future behind Conley.  

Definitely a cool prospect to have. McConnel picked him clean tonight and they scored. The very next play Kobi out runs everyone to the basket and slams down an alley from Zagorac. He will make Hustle games entertaining no doubt.

15 hours ago, Kacper said:

What about that time when he jumped straight into Mo Speights in a classic 1 on 5 action and got blocked into abyss? Or when he jacked a brick with 20 seconds on the clock? This dude will never defend anyone in this league and he's no Isiah Thomas on offense.

Wow by highlighting the negative things he did in the game you came to the conclusion that he can't defend and won't be IT great scouting work 

The thing that i like about him is also a negative. He plays like he is kyrie or melo, very selfish. If he used manu as an example rather than kyrie hed be much better off.

On a side note, his momma is hawt!

2 hours ago, Dwash said:

Kobi makes Wade expendable.

That's where i am at (atleast till the next preseason game LOL).

For insurance purposes it's better to keep Harrison because at the very least he can man the backup PG for short stints and not crater the game.    Wade cannot run PG at all.    

Rade should be the other guy that gets the boot.  Dude cannot play in the NBA and won't be able to for at least another year or two.  G- League may be too fast for him.  

On 10/3/2017 at 3:54 PM, lsugrizzfan said:

I'm just baffled how you make such definitive conclusions after one preseason game. 

Don't you know that KBM knows all see all way before it becomes apparent to everyone else.  At least in his own mind.

Thing I know that won't happen but should is 

Parsons should come off the bench at the 4.   Parsons isn't going to be the "3yrs ago Parsons" ever again so i don't see him being able to adequately defend 3s anymore.   BTW we just added THREE ALLSTARs on the wing this offseason to the conference (Melo, Jimmy, and PG13).  So this is a bad time to roll out Parsons against the gauntlet of awesome wing players in the West.     

If the plan is to waive Jarrell then there is a hole at backup 4 that nobody else can fill properly.   I think we should move Tyreke to the starting 2 and Ennis at 3.    That gives us a capable defender in Ennis that is also a .40% 3pt shooter.   Tyreke can be the additional playmaker and scorer to share the ball-handling duties with Conley.  While not being a disaster on defense that Parsons would be.   Ennis is also one of our strongest rebounders that helps the starting unit. 

I think a rotation of 

Mike/Rio

Reke/McLemore

Ennis/Selden

JaM/Parsons

Gasol/Wright

Is a much better balanced rotation.   Parsons and Rio can handle bulk of the scoring and playmaking for the second unit  This is what should happen but i doubt it does. 

On 10/3/2017 at 3:54 PM, lsugrizzfan said:

To be far, he did wait until after Summer League, at least.

I hope the best for Kobi Simmons, but if he's playing for the big boy club, that means there have either been failures or injuries to Conley, Chalmers, and/or Andrew Harrison.