Sign in to follow this  
notnilc20

Orlando Magic @ Memphis Grizzlies - PRESEASON-

6 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

why won't Parsons just shoot over 5'8' DJ Augustin? he pulling a Marc Gasol

Parsons shot is as flat as last year so that is slightly concerning. Although a shooter should find his touch eventually.

Never occurred to me that Jarrell may benefit from the spacing now that Zbo is gone.   His athleticism at the 4 is more noticeable with the new roster and spacing.

I think I'm right at least about Andrew Harrison being a leading candidate to be cut/dealt.

And I think I'm right that Jarrell Martin is going to make the final roster. Man, he's really had a great start to the pre-season.

Mario Chalmers, obviously, looks great. Full recovery. What a great signing.

Baldwin looks great, when he doesn't try to do too much. I'm starting to think that stability and consistency would be great for him, in terms of him not thinking that he has to prove his worth every time he touches the ball.

No Tyreke tonight. Concerning?

I'm not sure why Fizz seemed to mail it in completely with the third group on the floor. They looked entirely disorganized, ran no sets whatsoever, and it was basically uglier than summer league. Those guys were accomplishing nothing of worth in the fourth quarter. If they're trying to teach Kobe Simmons how to run an NBA offense, it sure didn't look like it. Maybe no one cares, I don't know. It definitely doesn't serve to help anyone get a better look at any of the young guys. So, no comment can be made on Rabb, I don't think, since his entire time on the floor was with that group.

I'm not sure what all the hatred towards Davis is all about. Maybe expectations are too high? His offensive game needs work, obviously, but his defensive positioning and timing looked improved to me. He had a highlight reel block in this one (was whistled for phantom foul that doesn't get called 9 times out of 10 in a real game). 

3 minutes ago, dy_dy_dynomite said:

Dude Simmons is not taking up a spot he is on a two way contract

I meant Wayne Selden.

Also, just looking at it objectively:

I would keep Martin, I would sign Hunter, and I would let Selden, Brooks and Rade go. The only thing I like about Rade is his ability to take the ball off the rim and go.

1 minute ago, Herodotus said:

I think I'm right at least about Andrew Harrison being a leading candidate to be cut/dealt.

And I think I'm right that Jarrell Martin is going to make the final roster. Man, he's really had a great start to the pre-season.

Mario Chalmers, obviously, looks great. Full recovery. What a great signing.

Baldwin looks great, when he doesn't try to do too much. I'm starting to think that stability and consistency would be great for him, in terms of him not thinking that he has to prove his worth every time he touches the ball.

No Tyreke tonight. Concerning?

I'm not sure why Fizz seemed to mail it in completely with the third group on the floor. They looked entirely disorganized, ran no sets whatsoever, and it was basically uglier than summer league. Those guys were accomplishing nothing of worth in the fourth quarter. If they're trying to teach Kobe Simmons how to run an NBA offense, it sure didn't look like it. Maybe no one cares, I don't know. It definitely doesn't serve to help anyone get a better look at any of the young guys. So, no comment can be made on Rabb, I don't think, since his entire time on the floor was with that group.

I'm not sure what all the hatred towards Davis is all about. Maybe expectations are too high? His offensive game needs work, obviously, but his defensive positioning and timing looked improved to me. He had a highlight reel block in this one (was whistled for phantom foul that doesn't get called 9 times out of 10 in a real game). 

Harrison has made the team. The guy didn't play the summer league for a reason. Chalmers might make the team but he is in more danger than Harrison of being let go. There is a reason he played balls out in the first preseason game.

Just now, dy_dy_dynomite said:

I feel like it will be harrison/Chalmers and ennis

Ennis isn't that great but he is better than Selden who is frankly not that good. He is 23 and maybe that's why he showed out in summer league. Brooks isn't that good either but at least he is 21. I hope they keep Martin. I think they will keep Rade, though he is pretty terrible also.

29 minutes ago, The Stro Show said:

Pete and Brevin made it seem like Jmart is as good as gone 

I've heard that as well, but I just don't get it. 

XMartin's good game today is smoke and mirrors. Barrel rolling into the paint and trying to take everybody off the dribble don't work in real games unless you're special

1 minute ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

XMartin's good game today is smoke and mirrors. Barrel rolling into the paint and trying to take everybody off the dribble don't work in real games unless you're special

Yeah I was kinda thinking that. How does this offense translate to real games with adjustments. Can he be the scorer off the bench cause thats what he fancies to be? Im not convinced. Still uncertain.

We got the win....but more importantly everyone walked away uninjured.....I swear, I cringe everytime Chalmers drives to the hole.  He looks great though.

Rio has Fizz on his side. I think he would have to get injured again or just show nothing at all for him to be released. Anything halfway close to what he did against the Magic will get him a spot I believe.

1 minute ago, MemphisX said:

Parson still did not look like a player who is going to help much.

Yeah I agree. He isnt as horrific as last year though but he isnt going to be worth near his salary.