Back2Grizzness

JAM deal incoming

Glad he is back, I wonder if the official announcement is on hold due to an impending make room deal.

1 hour ago, Kevin B Moses said:

im not sure why people think this is a bargain. I think it is fair both ways. Jam got a good deal for his talent.

It's a bargain because we are paying a far worse and more useless player 24 mil a year for the next three years

2 minutes ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

It's a bargain because we are paying a far worse and more useless player 24 mil a year for the next three years

I dont agree that Chandler is far worse. Hes actually a lot better. Although, given his injury history, he is much riskier than Jam is.

But jam will never change the game as much as parsons potentially can. 

17 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

I dont agree that Chandler is far worse. Hes actually a lot better. Although, given his injury history, he is much riskier than Jam is.

But jam will never change the game as much as parsons potentially can. 

If Chandler plays the same way this year as last year, I think its safe to say that Jam is the better player of the two.

26 minutes ago, Iron Mike said:

If Chandler plays the same way this year as last year, I think its safe to say that Jam is the better player of the two.

Jam has a ceiling that is much lower than chandler parson's, is the point im trying to make. In other words id rather have chandler and his risks than jam and his steadiness. 

I thought they (the Grizzlies where only offering) $2.8 million dollar?

How did they get to $16.8 million over 2 years?

5 minutes ago, The REF said:

They only made a qualifying offer, however much that was.

6 minutes ago, The REF said:

That was the qualifying offer, which had to be extended in order to make Green a restricted free agent.

6 minutes ago, Elillo said:

That was the qualifying offer, which had to be extended in order to make Green a restricted free agent.

Gotcha! 

A while ago Chris Wallace said that they had made an offer to Green that was substantially higher than the 3 million. I think I heard something in a Micheal Wallace interview about the Griz offering, off and on, pretty much the current number from the beginning. So it appears that Green was being prudent and waiting to the last to see if another offer would come in.