Sign in to follow this  
Notorious O.D.K.

Melo Traded to the Thunder, huh?

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2017/9/23/15941990/carmelo-anthony-trade-thunder-knicks

http://nypost.com/2017/09/23/the-knicks-have-finally-traded-carmelo-anthony/

ESPN reported the Knicks will acquire Enes Kanter, Doug McDermott and a 2018 second-round draft pick for from the Thunder for Anthony. Earlier in the day, ESPN reported Anthony’s camp was still pushing for a deal to happen before training camp opens Monday. ESPN reported the deal is complete, but the trade call won’t happen until Monday.

Meanwhile, our brilliant front office is busy trading unprotected second round picks for protected second round picks.  WINNING.  

They've lost two top ten players in the past five years and Presti has managed to replace them with another top ten player and an all-star. That's how you GM. 

39 minutes ago, Thomas said:

They've lost two top ten players in the past five years and Presti has managed to replace them with another top ten player and an all-star. That's how you GM. 

Paul George is far from a lock to be there after this year. Melo is 33, aging vet, with a no trade clause and a small list if teams he was willing to go to.

They could end up 2nd seed if everythin clicks. They were gonna be better than us anyways.

3 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Paul George is far from a lock to be there after this year. Melo is 33, aging vet, with a no trade clause and a small list if teams he was willing to go to.

OKC never would have been on that list had Presti not landed PG. Even if George leaves next year he and Melo are an incredible haul for Victor Oladipo, Domantas Sabonis, Enes Kanter, Doug McDermott, and a second round pick.

1 minute ago, Thomas said:

OKC never would have been on that list had Presti not landed PG. Even if George leaves next year he and Melo are an incredible haul for Victor Oladipo, Domantas Sabonis, Enes Kanter, Doug McDermott, and a second round pick.

actually what I heard was it was an okc assistant that convinced melo to give okc a chance, kinda like what Bernie biskerstaff Jr did for the grizzlies to land parsons.

1 hour ago, Kevin B Moses said:

actually what I heard was it was an okc assistant that convinced melo to give okc a chance, kinda like what Bernie biskerstaff Jr did for the grizzlies to land parsons.

Except Melo isn't injured and having surgery to the best of my knowledge.

6 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

Meanwhile, our brilliant front office is busy trading unprotected second round picks for protected second round picks.  WINNING.  

What was your plan to make Melo a Griz? 

3 minutes ago, TimBC said:

What was your plan to make Melo a Griz? 

I don't think he expected the Grizzlies to make a run at Anthony, just pointing out how some GMs actually get something in return when they make a deal, unlike ours.

6 hours ago, UofMark said:

I wonder if they'll be enough ball to go around in OKC.

4 hours ago, grizz1016 said:

Turrible

Ball hogs galore...

My initial thoughts were how will Donovan make Westbrook, PG and Melo happy. Then i saw this stat from ESPN:

There's only one ball to go around, but OKC has another big mouth to feed after trading for Carmelo Anthony. The Thunder now have three of the league's top nine isolation scorers from the 2016-17 season.

And I REALLY wonder how Donovan is going to keep them happy. You have 3 high volume scorers who need the ball in their hands to make things happen. Good luck with that. 

4 hours ago, The Truth is OUT said:

I can't imagine the Knicks fans are too impressed with the haul they got for Anthony.

Ehhh, doesn't really matter. It's addition by subtraction. They had to get rid of him. He was demanding a trade. I had just seen something the other day with him saying they needed to trade him before training camp starts. It's not like they are hurting their chances of winning by getting rid of Melo and Melo is no spring chicken at 33. He's getting older, not the same skillset he used to have, heavy perimeter and iso player. I don't think the fans wanted him back next year and they didn't care what the team got in return. 

10 minutes ago, Notorious O.D.K. said:

My initial thoughts were how will Donovan make Westbrook, PG and Melo happy. Then i saw this stat from ESPN:

And I REALLY wonder how Donovan is going to keep them happy. You have 3 high volume scorers who need the ball in their hands to make things happen. Good luck with that. 

Ehhh, doesn't really matter. It's addition by subtraction. They had to get rid of him. He was demanding a trade. I had just seen something the other day with him saying they needed to trade him before training camp starts. It's not like they are hurting their chances of winning by getting rid of Melo and Melo is no spring chicken at 33. He's getting older, not the same skillset he used to have, heavy perimeter and iso player. I don't think the fans wanted him back next year and they didn't care what the team got in return. 

It isnt a perfect match but Westbrook, George, Melo, Patterson, Adams isnt going to be easy to deal with. This is potentially the number two team in the West. Maybe the league. No more packing the paint on Westbrook forcing him to shoot all mid range jumpers.

9 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

So is Marc an aging vet or does this only apply on this thread? Lmao...

7 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

Except Melo isn't injured and having surgery to the best of my knowledge.

Right, and also the assistant's pitch would carry no weight without Paul George in the picture.

Since Knicks are stacked at C position we can make a rational move after the terrible Daniels deal.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ya273bnn

Plus a 2nd round pick of our own, thAt give us balance

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yd3obzll

That reduce our players number

Go sign Jam and stop this mess

MC/Chalmers/Harrison 

Mclemore/Selden/Brooks 

Parsons/Tyreke/Zagorac 

Jam/Davis/Rabb

Gasol/Oquin/Al

6th-8th seed and a West semifinals exit.

8 hours ago, MemphisX said:

So is Marc an aging vet or does this only apply on this thread? Lmao...

No. Carmelo has been in the nba since 2003. Marc since 2008. And melo is nearly a year older. Let that sink in.

Melo wouldn't come here because he believes in Russell Westbrook more than Mike and Marc combined.  Then u add Paul George and his ability.

If Mike and Marc could lead this team like all stars, then free agents would be more willing to come here.

Mike will be 30 before the season starts and Marc will be 33 in january.

8 minutes ago, tmoneyinmphs said:

Melo wouldn't come here because he believes in Russell Westbrook more than Mike and Marc combined.  Then u add Paul George and his ability.

If Mike and Marc could lead this team like all stars, then free agents would be more willing to come here.

Mike will be 30 before the season starts and Marc will be 33 in january.

I'm not sure about the whole leading the team like allstars. melo wants to play with friends. I do think he probably thinks pg and wessy are better. But that is beside the point. melo had a friend in okc, which helped him make the decision.

Some posters have wondered whether OKC will suffer because of ball hogs.  I only wish the Grizzlies had the problem of seeing whether Melo, George, and Westbrook could share the ball.  OKC also has another pg who can distribute the ball well.  They clearly are better than the Grizzlies are now--despite the age of Melo and George and the possibility of George leaving next year.  I don't see how anyone can doubt that they are now ahead of the Grizzlies.  I think they can compete with Golden State; they might not win a series, but it will be close.