• Dillon Brooks
    • Mario Chalmers
    • James Ennis III
    • Andrew Harrison
    • Jarell Martin
    • Wayne Selden
    • Brandan Wright
    • Rade Zagorac

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/17/2017 at 04:01 AM

One more loonnng week till the fun begins n I'm sittin here bored at work just discoverin that our roster is set (minus Jam, for now). We signed Vince Hunter n some guy named Jeremy Morgan who lets just assume is goin to the Hustle. Hunter n Simmons are locked in as two-way players so they are too. That means we have to move off of two more guys before the season starts, whose it gonna be?‎

If Brandon Wright isn't gone I'll be severely disappointed.

Jarrel Martin and either Wade Baldwin or Mario Chalmers. If Rio is healthy and hasnt lost too much mobility, it'll be Baldwin

The FO may explore a trade for Martin & Baldwin rather than just cut them

If JaM wont accept the QO then he is gone and Martin survives 

The wrong two players. Only to keep players we will cut later. Then we will sign someone inferior to the first players we cut.

Grizzology

With the two two-way players and the regular fifteen man roster, we can have seventeen total players this season.  Mario's contract only becomes guaranteed if he makes the roster for the regular season. Simmons has one of the two-way contracts, and I expect Brooks and Rabb to spend a fair amount of time in Southaven with him. Hunter and Baldwin are also getting time in Mississippi. Since Mario has the non-guarantee contract, he's the most likely casualty unless he balls out in preseason. 

I am going with Martin, Daniels, and Baldwin.  

Martin hasn't shown enough to be worth keeping.  Daniels has some trade value as a proven shooter.   Wade is a looonng way away from being a mediocre PG but is a first rd pick so could have some trade value. 

10 hours ago, Wells said:

With the two two-way players and the regular fifteen man roster, we can have seventeen total players this season.  Mario's contract only becomes guaranteed if he makes the roster for the regular season. Simmons has one of the two-way contracts, and I expect Brooks and Rabb to spend a fair amount of time in Southaven with him. Hunter and Baldwin are also getting time in Mississippi. Since Mario has the non-guarantee contract, he's the most likely casualty unless he balls out in preseason. 

Pretty much this.

6 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Pretty much this.

Rabb will make 19. We still have one to many.

1 hour ago, BeastModeGrizz said:

Can they drop both Vince Hunter and Kobi Simmons and just replace them with Baldwin, Rabb, Chalmers etc as our two contracts? 

No

3 hours ago, BeastModeGrizz said:

Can they drop both Vince Hunter and Kobi Simmons and just replace them with Baldwin, Rabb, Chalmers etc as our two contracts? 

It depends ;) ... on the contracts. My guess is yes and no.

Yes, they can drop both and also Chalmers without losing much because they're probably not contracted beyond the camp. Heck, they can drop Mike and replace him with Dwash if they want. :D

And No, I believe they must initially sign as two-ways. I know Wallace initially said that Rabb and Brooks would not be two-ways, but I believe Rabb was supposed to be ready for some Summer games.

(I could be wrong about all of it, especially Dwash. I think he wants to play in Europe.)

On 9/20/2017 at 1:56 AM, tangogriz said:

It depends ;) ... on the contracts. My guess is yes and no.

Yes, they can drop both and also Chalmers without losing much because they're probably not contracted beyond the camp. Heck, they can drop Mike and replace him with Dwash if they want. :D

And No, I believe they must initially sign as two-ways. I know Wallace initially said that Rabb and Brooks would not be two-ways, but I believe Rabb was supposed to be ready for some Summer games.

(I could be wrong about all of it, especially Dwash. I think he wants to play in Europe.)

I could do double figures in China. Its bad over there.

23 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Dwash to China?

2 hours ago, Dwash said:

:D

:D #14 don't come back if you didn't succeed

It's going to be an interesting training camp, especially if Green signs a contract rather than accepting the Qualifying Offer. 

2 hours ago, chipc3 said:

It's going to be an interesting training camp, especially if Green signs a contract rather than accepting the Qualifying Offer. 

First images of the training camp venue have been leaked.

Thunderdome7.jpg

So that's Daniels and Martin 

That leaves us with 

1. Conley
  2. Gasol
  3. Parsons
  4. Tyreke
  5. McLemore
  6. Davis
  7. Ennis
  8. Brooks
  9. Rade
  10. Rabb
  11. Selden
  12. Wade
  13. Harrison
  14. Chalmers
  15. <Jamychal>

I guess Chalmers is looking like a keeper.  This gives Wade more time in Southaven  to develop. 

Forgot Wright GTF. Still gotta cut one more guy. Its gonna come down to one of Harrison/Chalmers/Baldwin, whoever looks worse gets the boot i guess.

24 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

So that's Daniels and Martin 

That leaves us with 

1. Conley
  2. Gasol
  3. Parsons
  4. Tyreke
  5. McLemore
  6. Davis
  7. Ennis
  8. Brooks
  9. Rade
  10. Rabb
  11. Selden
  12. Wade
  13. Harrison
  14. Chalmers
  15. <Jamychal>

I guess Chalmers is looking like a keeper.  This gives Wade more time in Southaven  to develop. 

And Brandan Wright?

1 minute ago, tangogriz said:

And Brandan Wright?

6 minutes ago, cdp said:

Forgot Wright GTF. Still gotta cut one more guy. Its gonna come down to one of Harrison/Chalmers/Baldwin, whoever looks worse gets the boot i guess.

Yep dang so one more to go.  So that must mean one of the PG's gotta go.   This isn't looking good for Harrison. 

36 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Yep dang so one more to go.  So that must mean one of the PG's gotta go.   This isn't looking good for Harrison. 

I could really see a case to waive any of the pg's

1 hour ago, Dwash said:

I could really see a case to waive any of the pg's

Personally, i would keep Harrison over Wade but it would be embarrassing for the org to cut bait on him so early as a first rounder.   I think people falsely believe Wade has more upside over Harrison simply due to his athleticism and wingspan and age.    His measurables look good on paper but don't actually translate to the game.  Wade doesn't really use his athleticism he really just relies on his wingspan.  He has good size for a PG but he is undersized for a SG so not as switchable as Harrison.  Shooting, decision-making, ball-handling are all weak and well behind Harrison.  Not to mention his demeanor and attitude turning off his teammates. 

Harrison is bigger stronger and has a better attitude.  Proven to be a better defender, shooter, and more coach-able.   Harrison can legitimately play 3 positions (PG, SG, SF) which means he is more switchable on defense as well.  If Wade was a second round pick no one would be saying to keep him over Harrison. 

I want to keep Chalmers just because  between Reke, Parsons, and Rio atleast one of them should be able to contribute.   If i was 100% on either of the two then i would be okay with losing Chalmers.  As of now a fully recovered Chalmers should be on the team.