• Dillon Brooks
    • Mario Chalmers
    • James Ennis III
    • Andrew Harrison
    • Jarell Martin
    • Wayne Selden
    • Brandan Wright
    • Rade Zagorac

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/17/2017 at 04:01 AM

4 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

I'm sorry but in the limited number of games we have so far, Tyreke has missed two games and you feel he has shown he is 100% healthy? Also, weren't you saying all summer that Parsons was the key to the Grizzlies being playoff contenders also? 

I hope I am wrong but I haven't seen enough from either player to say they belong as CORE players right now. The Grizzlies have two stars, not superstars, and a bunch of rejects, medical cases, undrafted and 2nd round youth and the team needs almost all of them to step up to be competitive this season.

It can happen but let's not pretend that because a player didn't limp off the court after 16 minutes that this proves he is 100% healthy and ready to be the player he was before his surgeries. 

Obviously i am going by Tyreke's mobility in practices, workouts, reports from doctors, scrimmage and the game.     Dude is 100% healthy just like Chalmers is.  Migraines kept Tyreke on the sideline not injury do you just like to argue or do you actually read the reports?  

Heck both he and Rio are technically healthier than Marc who suffered a minor sprain that kept him out of games.    If people aren't judging Marc abilities based off health they should now extend that courtesy to Rio and Reke.    Which is why i believe those two should be moved up in the pecking order to supersede Parsons till he proves worthy. 

23 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Obviously i am going by Tyreke's mobility in practices, workouts, reports from doctors, scrimmage and the game.     Dude is 100% healthy just like Chalmers is.  Migraines kept Tyreke on the sideline not injury do you just like to argue or do you actually read the reports?  

Heck both he and Rio are technically healthier than Marc who suffered a minor sprain that kept him out of games.    If people aren't judging Marc abilities based off health they should now extend that courtesy to Rio and Reke.    Which is why i believe those two should be moved up in the pecking order to supersede Parsons till he proves worthy. 

What I was pointing out is that Tyreke isn't 100% healthy. We assume he was left out of two games over three days because of a "migrane headache" which seems excessive to me but we haven't seen the practices, he hasn't shown the ability to get to the rim like he used to do, he doesn't have the lift he used to have and he isn't the player he used to be. The doctors who say Tyreke is 100% are the same ones who told us all summer how great Parsons looked. 

Chalmers isn't 100% either. He won't re-injure his Achilles now but that doesn't mean he is the same player he was. He has clearly lost something. He can't stay in front of players like he used to do when he was considered one of the best defensive PGs in the league. He doesn't have the same explosiveness to the rim like he used to either. Just because he is better than Harrison or Baldwin in the pre-season doesn't mean he is healthy. 

Be critical not delusional. Parsons, Evans and Chalmers aren't back to what they used to be. They are back as much as they will ever be most likely but that isn't the same as saying they are 100%. 

18 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

What I was pointing out is that Tyreke isn't 100% healthy. We assume he was left out of two games over three days because of a "migrane headache" which seems excessive to me but we haven't seen the practices, he hasn't shown the ability to get to the rim like he used to do, he doesn't have the lift he used to have and he isn't the player he used to be. The doctors who say Tyreke is 100% are the same ones who told us all summer how great Parsons looked. 

Chalmers isn't 100% either. He won't re-injure his Achilles now but that doesn't mean he is the same player he was. He has clearly lost something. He can't stay in front of players like he used to do when he was considered one of the best defensive PGs in the league. He doesn't have the same explosiveness to the rim like he used to either. Just because he is better than Harrison or Baldwin in the pre-season doesn't mean he is healthy. 

Be critical not delusional. Parsons, Evans and Chalmers aren't back to what they used to be. They are back as much as they will ever be most likely but that isn't the same as saying they are 100%. 

Just because a player isn't the same athletically as they were 2-3 yrs ago does not mean they are not 100% healthy.    They actually televised the scrimmage and i watched all the preseason games.   Both Rio and Reke mobility and movement showed they are 100% healthy.   

Plus Tyreke did show the ability to get to the rim - he just didn't finish everytime.  I won't argue that they have loss a little athleticism but both are skilled enough to still be high-level contributors regardless.   

Your premise is incorrect.  Players can be healthy and still not be as good athletically as they were years prior.  

1 hour ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Just because a player isn't the same athletically as they were 2-3 yrs ago does not mean they are not 100% healthy.    They actually televised the scrimmage and i watched all the preseason games.   Both Rio and Reke mobility and movement showed they are 100% healthy.   

Plus Tyreke did show the ability to get to the rim - he just didn't finish everytime.  I won't argue that they have loss a little athleticism but both are skilled enough to still be high-level contributors regardless.   

Your premise is incorrect.  Players can be healthy and still not be as good athletically as they were years prior.  

So is Chandler Parsons 100% healthy too? 

2 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

So is Chandler Parsons 100% healthy too? 

I don't think he is.   He looks better than last year but that isn't saying much. 

6 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I don't think he is.   He looks better than last year but that isn't saying much. 

So you believe there is still a problem with his knee or is there something else wrong with him? Clearly you believe losing ability from injury and age doesn't prevent you from being 100% healthy so what is wrong with Parsons that isn't wrong with Chalmers and Evans? 

18 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

So you believe there is still a problem with his knee or is there something else wrong with him? Clearly you believe losing ability from injury and age doesn't prevent you from being 100% healthy so what is wrong with Parsons that isn't wrong with Chalmers and Evans? 

Type of injury.  Funny thing about the human body and sports.  All injuries are not created equal.   How a player recovers depends on the severity of the injury and what body part was affected.   There is no apples to apples comparison for Parsons, Evans, and Mario's injuries. 

Knees are knees. I'll give you Chalmers with the Achilles but having suffered an Achilles tear myself I can tell you the player isn't the same. That is why he signed a bargain basement deal with Memphis and was turned down by Cleveland and other teams. 

Parsons has suffered more than Evans but both are damaged goods in my eyes. Evans will score, not efficiently unless he finds a 3 point stroke, but can't bully his way to the basket or use speed to get to the rim like he used to do. To expect him to be the player that can score at will like he was before is unfair. Evans has played SF mostly lately because he doesn't have the foot speed to play PG or SG anymore. He wasn't showing the explosion of speed needed to be effective against Atlanta so I would say, like Parsons, Evans isn't 100% and shouldn't be considered an option as the Starting SG yet. 

But this is just my opinion. 

6 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Evans will score, not efficiently unless he finds a 3 point stroke, but can't bully his way to the basket or use speed to get to the rim like he used to do. To expect him to be the player that can score at will like he was before is unfair. Evans has played SF mostly lately because he doesn't have the foot speed to play PG or SG anymore. He wasn't showing the explosion of speed needed to be effective against Atlanta so I would say, like Parsons, Evans isn't 100% and shouldn't be considered an option as the Starting SG yet. 

Evans never completely depended on speed to get to the rim in the first place.   He depended on his craftiness with the ball and his brute strength and size.   He has not loss those abilities.  

Here are some clips of him from this past season after his surgery

His health and conditioning has improved since then. 

3 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Migraines kept Tyreke on the sideline not injury  

OK, just as long as it isn't some debilitating condition that is often triggered by bright light and loud noises. Oh, wait ....

I have to say Evans looks quite a bit bulkier than he used to by the naked eye. I think he is going to have to start sticking some jumpers consistently now in order to be effective.

4 hours ago, chipc3 said:

Migraines can knock a person down for a few days like that. I used to suffer from migraines, I don't wish it to anyone

2 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Evans never completely depended on speed to get to the rim in the first place.   He depended on his craftiness with the ball and his brute strength and size.   He has not loss those abilities.  

Here are some clips of him from this past season after his surgery

His health and conditioning has improved since then. 

Thanks for the highlights because everyone knows how predictive highlight films can be. :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, chipc3 said:

Thanks for the highlights because everyone knows how predictive highlight films can be. :rolleyes:

highlights film is great if you are smart enough to know what to look for...ex. does the guy look comfortable make that move...is all the highlights of him going to the left meaning that he cant go right.

2 hours ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

highlights film is great if you are smart enough to know what to look for...ex. does the guy look comfortable make that move...is all the highlights of him going to the left meaning that he cant go right.

Or maybe thats just the set of videos that one person chose to package

I hope the Grizzlies use the preseason to showcase guys like Wright, Harrison, and Martin so that they can maneuver a trade, like a two or three for one type deal.  (On a side note B Wright just slammed down an awesome 👏🏽 alley oop)

Team is actually looking good against Houston .

Wright isn't going anywhere and neither is Brooks.    

the two guys that truly don't deserve a roster spot are both SFs that aren't athletic enough to play SF.   Rade and Parsons need to be the ones moved. 

Otherrwise it'll probably be Wade and Martin  or Harrison.

9 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Wright isn't going anywhere and neither is Brooks.    

the two guys that truly don't deserve a roster spot are both SFs that aren't athletic enough to play SF.   Rade and Parsons need to be the ones moved. 

Otherrwise it'll probably be Wade and Martin  or Harrison.

You are going to be sorely disappointed if you think Harrison or Baldwin are going to go. Harrison has been our best player in the preseason not named Mike or Marc. You have to have blinders on not to see that. Wade is our most talented rookie we have on the team. Martin might go simply because I really don't see any plays they run for him. Otherwise I can see Seldon, Chalmers or Rade gone. THough I'd like to keep Rade.  

2 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Wade is our most talented rookie we have on the team. 

Don't take this as an attack, but Wade is on his 2nd year. But if you meant most talented young guy, I still wouldn't agree. I'd put Harrison, Seldon, and Brooks above him. Maybe even Jarell Martin.

4 hours ago, The Stro Show said:

Don't take this as an attack, but Wade is on his 2nd year. But if you meant most talented young guy, I still wouldn't agree. I'd put Harrison, Seldon, and Brooks above him. Maybe even Jarell Martin.

I understand, but Seldon has done absolutely nothing to warrant your high praise. I do like brooks, and I would compare him to Troy Williams.

What I don't understand is why people on this board are so against Harrison when it is clear that the guy clearly has a Marc Gasol mentality and he does all kinds of little things to help win you games: defense, taking charges, great passing, steals, getting to the line. It makes no sense the board hates him so much. 

I do truly hope that brooks is a diamond in the rough because Seldon ain't one. Seldon to me is a low talent guy that plays some defense. Also, Martin's biggest problem is that he has no presence once he gets in a game. He still looks like he just lucks into things. 

On 5/10/2017 at 9:50 PM, Kevin B Moses said:

Basically, of the players we have under contract, the two worst players are rade and brooks.

1 hour ago, Kevin B Moses said:

I do like brooks, and I would compare him to Troy Williams.

Seven days between both messages lol

Harrison should stay. Possibly best defender we have at the moment.

1 hour ago, Kevin B Moses said:

I understand, but Seldon has done absolutely nothing to warrant your high praise. I do like brooks, and I would compare him to Troy Williams.

What I don't understand is why people on this board are so against Harrison when it is clear that the guy clearly has a Marc Gasol mentality and he does all kinds of little things to help win you games: defense, taking charges, great passing, steals, getting to the line. It makes no sense the board hates him so much. 

I do truly hope that brooks is a diamond in the rough because Seldon ain't one. Seldon to me is a low talent guy that plays some defense. Also, Martin's biggest problem is that he has no presence once he gets in a game. He still looks like he just lucks into things. 

Does Seldon owe you money or something?  Because literally there is nothing that Wade or Rade have done to show they deserve spots over him.      Seldon is actually athletic not the theoretically athletic like Wade is.    Selden can actually score in real NBA games and defend real NBA players - he doesn't have to develop those skills like Rade does.     He has the size and strength to guard 1-3.   He has upside as a scorer and secondary ballhandler.    

If we are going by literal production and potential.  Then truthfully the only guys that should be cut are Parsons, Rade, and Wade.     Out of the 3 only one I think can one day become productive is Rade.  

2 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Just to be clear, I am not against Harrison. I just understand that he has a buyout of only $100,000 and Baldwin would cost over $1.8 million. We are a small market team that reportedly lost $8 million last season. Finances play a huge roll whether we as fans agree or not. 

Selden and Chalmers also have cheap buyouts. Just saying...

1 hour ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

....literally there is nothing that Wade or Rade have done.....

Wade was drafted, right?

Wade has elite measurements. Wade was named team captain of the summer league team.

Harrison, who you want to get rid of as soon as possible, saved a playoff game for the grizzlies.

When thats a guy you want to get rid of, you might need to reevaluate your priorities. Just saying.

Im okay with brooks being on the team because he is hungry, as long as he plays, but if they just bench him, he might as well go to the g-league.