• Dillon Brooks
    • Mario Chalmers
    • James Ennis III
    • Andrew Harrison
    • Jarell Martin
    • Wayne Selden
    • Brandan Wright
    • Rade Zagorac

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/17/2017 at 04:01 AM

On 10/7/2017 at 0:19 PM, smit-tay griz said:

I'm not disputing what you're saying but if you look at per 36 numbers, which puts it into more of a head-to-head comparison, Davis is the better shot blocker and rebounder by a block and a rebound.  The both shoot at 51%, however, Okafor more than doubles Davis' offensive output though.  Davis, in my opinion and from my observations (limited as they are) has better potential defensively, and while he could improve, I don't see him ever being a strong offensive player like Okafor.  The thing is that Okafor has played more than ten times the number of minutes as Davis has, and is a much surer bet to continue to produce at the level he has demonstrated, while Davis is still much more of a mystery since his minutes have been so few.  A couple real questions are money, as Okafor's skills will likely earn him bigger contracts, and also how either one will fit with team goals.

The key word is that Davis is a mystery. There's much more material to dissect and criticize Okafor's game while holding out hope that DD has this untapped potential that he can reach. As a Grizz fan, I hope it does play out like that but as of now, I would take Okafor. Also, I think the stats that you posted just back up what I said about them not being that dissimilar. 

45 minutes ago, Notorious O.D.K. said:

The key word is that Davis is a mystery. There's much more material to dissect and criticize Okafor's game while holding out hope that DD has this untapped potential that he can reach. As a Grizz fan, I hope it does play out like that but as of now, I would take Okafor. Also, I think the stats that you posted just back up what I said about them not being that dissimilar. 

Yes, a mystery, and from what little I have seen I would guess that Davis' offensive ceiling is much lower than Okafor's, but he may have a chance to become a good defender, perhaps surpassing Okafor in that regard.  Only time will tell, but I may be way off in my guess.  I don't know if having either one is going to move the needle much either way for us.  We do need more scoring, but without our own high scoring offense (and I don't think Okafor will make that much difference) I don't see us competing with the high powered teams without having a top notch defense.  I don't think we have the assets to acquire him anyway unless we give up another draft pick which I'm not keen on doing.

Well, Philly just gave Embiid a 5 year, $148 mil contract extension. Yep, a 5 year $148 mil contract for a guy who has played in 31 games in 3 years and is currently injured. If I'm Okafor, I want out as well. 

20 minutes ago, Dwash said:

I didnt see it coming but Im starting to see Selden as possibly being gone.

He didn't even play, did he?  Could be coach was just sitting him a game.

11 hours ago, Dwash said:

I didnt see it coming but Im starting to see Selden as possibly being gone.

That's an overreaction.  FO is genuinely excited about his potential.   He has all the tools to become a solid SG and the right attitude.  I  think he sat out because Fiz wanted to get a good look at Harrison or maybe showcase him for trades.  

Fanboy brought up a legitimate reason why Rade is off the table as far as cuts go.   Waiving him would set them back with international players too much.   

I am afraid of moving from Martin not only because i think he can be a productive player but because he is Parsons insurance.   Chandler is done.   He cannot play the 3 which basically defeats the purpose of signing him.    He also isn't the best option at the 4 either.   He isn't shooting and when he does he isn't hitting.   Right now he is a stretch 4 that doesn't shoot and can't defend or rebound.  Basically a 92m paper weight.    If he can't be traded then he needs to be sent down to Southaven until he proves he can play.   We cannot afford to use real NBA games as rehab for him another season.     Rade looks like more of a player and that says a lot.  

FO needs to just waive Harrison and trade Wade.   We have enough ball-handlers in Mike, Rio and Reke to be just fine and if need be we can bring up Kobi some too.   It would be pretty stupid to cut Jarrell now that he is showing to have real NBA skills.  

I believe Selden is expected to start at SG while McLemore is out. I think Harrison getting the start was to get a good, long look at him and to give him an opportunity to earn a final spot on the roster.

We pretty much know that only two out of Chalmers, Harrison, and Baldwin are going to make the roster. Assuming Chalmers is on the roster, that means either Harrison or Baldwin is getting cut. What I'm starting to wonder, though, is whether we could actually move on from both of them. I think the signing of Rabb to a 15-man roster contract was probably a mistake, at least given the logjam we have on the roster, and is making a difficult decision even more so.

If the Grizzlies have to move on from two players, I'd like to see it be two out of Harrison, Baldwin, and Wright.

1 hour ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

That's an overreaction.  FO is genuinely excited about his potential.   He has all the tools to become a solid SG and the right attitude.  I  think he sat out because Fiz wanted to get a good look at Harrison or maybe showcase him for trades.  

Fanboy brought up a legitimate reason why Rade is off the table as far as cuts go.   Waiving him would set them back with international players too much.   

I am afraid of moving from Martin not only because i think he can be a productive player but because he is Parsons insurance.   Chandler is done.   He cannot play the 3 which basically defeats the purpose of signing him.    He also isn't the best option at the 4 either.   He isn't shooting and when he does he isn't hitting.   Right now he is a stretch 4 that doesn't shoot and can't defend or rebound.  Basically a 92m paper weight.    If he can't be traded then he needs to be sent down to Southaven until he proves he can play.   We cannot afford to use real NBA games as rehab for him another season.     Rade looks like more of a player and that says a lot.  

FO needs to just waive Harrison and trade Wade.   We have enough ball-handlers in Mike, Rio and Reke to be just fine and if need be we can bring up Kobi some too.   It would be pretty stupid to cut Jarrell now that he is showing to have real NBA skills.  

Yeah, waiving both trash backup pgs is another option with Simmons around.

2 hours ago, Dwash said:

Yeah, waiving both trash backup pgs is another option with Simmons around.

I just hope FO can stop quit pretending like Wade's athletic profile will automatically translate to him being a high-level NBA player.    There have been 100s of really athletic guys that never did anything in the NBA.   His athleticism isn't even that great. 

Simmons looks like the most athletic of the 3 easily and it isn't like he is a small PG.  Dude is 6'4' with 6'8' wingspan so he can play alongside Conley too.  

I like Harrison and can see him becoming a 10-man rotation guy but his best fit is at combo if further developed.   Problem is we already have too many guys that have more potential at the 2 over him for development minutes.   Selden and Mclemore should get the hardest look for that position, plus Tyreke and Chalmers can get minutes there too.    Numbers crunch says to just cut ties with the cheapest guys with the lowest ceilings and Harrison fits that to a t. 

Call me crazy, but I think Ilyasova would be a nice fit on this roster.

Guy is a smart defender, active on the floor and good stroke out to the three point line.

50 minutes ago, Grizz&Grind said:

Call me crazy, but I think Ilyasova would be a nice fit on this roster.

Leads the league every year in drawing offensive fouls. Always liked him.

31 minutes ago, The Stro Show said:

Leads the league every year in drawing offensive fouls. Always liked him.

He and Brandon Wright are both have 1 year left and both make almost exactly $6 million.

Hawks in rebuild, wonder if we could just swap straight up.

2 hours ago, Grizz&Grind said:

He and Brandon Wright are both have 1 year left and both make almost exactly $6 million.

Hawks in rebuild, wonder if we could just swap straight up.

According to the trade machine Ilyasova can't be traded until 15 December, FWIW.  I wouldn't mind having him though.

in Fizzdale inter view he named Jam,Parsons and Martin being our main guys that's are going to play the 4...didn't say anything about parsons coming off the bench,,,he just said that when him and jam are on the floor together jam while guard the more offensive player.kinda sounds like martin has saved his job...so I think all our bigs are going to be on the roster

gasol/wright/davis

jam/martin/rabb

parsons/ennis/brooks/rade

reke/mclemore/seldon

conley/chamlers/

looks like Baldwin and Harrison are he odd men out...cause we have 3 good pgs in conley/reke/chalmers.

Brooks, rade, seldon and chalmers: two of the 4 out of this group will be gone.

I could see it being Chalmers and Brooks, or rade and brooks. I still think seldon doesn't have security yet, either.

I think brooks is gone no matter what. Of the other three, there are reasons to keep all of them. I still think it SHOULD be chalmers that should go, but if Fizzdale really sees a role for him then it will likely be Selden, since rade came over hear from international.

Though chalmers doesn't have a guaranteed contract, so he would be the easiest to let go. So, Chamlers and Brooks/Seldon is my bet.

8 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Brooks, rade, seldon and chalmers: two of the 4 out of this group will be gone.

I could see it being Chalmers and Brooks, or rade and brooks. I still think seldon doesn't have security yet, either.

I think brooks is gone no matter what. Of the other three, there are reasons to keep all of them. I still think it SHOULD be chalmers that should go, but if Fizzdale really sees a role for him then it will likely be Selden, since rade came over hear from international.

Though chalmers doesn't have a guaranteed contract, so he would be the easiest to let go. So, Chamlers and Brooks/Seldon is my bet.

give me some reasons why they should get rid of brooks

16 minutes ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

give me some reasons why they should get rid of brooks

He is not ready do contribute. The grizzlies are going to keep Harrison and Wade. You can book that. Rade has special circumstances why he will likely be on the team. So you got: chalmers, seldon and brooks. Which one do you keep? Most think chalmers.

I know that you HOPE Harrison and Wade are gone but that has no chance of happening.  

1 hour ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

in Fizzdale inter view he named Jam,Parsons and Martin being our main guys that's are going to play the 4...didn't say anything about parsons coming off the bench,,,he just said that when him and jam are on the floor together jam while guard the more offensive player.kinda sounds like martin has saved his job...so I think all our bigs are going to be on the roster

gasol/wright/davis

jam/martin/rabb

parsons/ennis/brooks/rade

reke/mclemore/seldon

conley/chamlers/

looks like Baldwin and Harrison are he odd men out...cause we have 3 good pgs in conley/reke/chalmers.

It makes the most sense to cut Baldwin and Harrison. Just hard to see them improve much this season and they will not be here next season anyways. Plus we have a good young and much better prospect in Kobi Simmons. But I think what's likely to happen is either one of Baldwin/Harrison along with Martin will be cut. I hope we will keep Martin though, he still has more potential and ability than both Baldwin and Harrison.

4 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

He is not ready do contribute. The grizzlies are going to keep Harrison and Wade. You can book that. Rade has special circumstances why he will likely be on the team. So you got: chalmers, seldon and brooks. Which one do you keep? Most think chalmers.

I know that you HOPE Harrison and Wade are gone but that has no chance of happening.  

I doubt the FO cut the first rookie they have drafted in a  long time that actually looks good straight out of college...Fizzs also said he would be surprised If brooks didn't work his way in to the rotation this season.

3 hours ago, Grizball said:

It makes the most sense to cut Baldwin and Harrison. Just hard to see them improve much this season and they will not be here next season anyways. Plus we have a good young and much better prospect in Kobi Simmons. But I think what's likely to happen is either one of Baldwin/Harrison along with Martin will be cut. I hope we will keep Martin though, he still has more potential and ability than both Baldwin and Harrison.

chalmers coming back look like he still has game through a wrench in everything...if he was playing like garbage and wasn't Fizz's boy...we prob wouldn't be having this convo about wade and harrison

3 hours ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

chalmers coming back look like he still has game through a wrench in everything...if he was playing like garbage and wasn't Fizz's boy...we prob wouldn't be having this convo about wade and harrison

Bringing chalmers back is a short-sighted move. Just like letting Baldwin go would be just because you have a wild hair and he has jilted you at the alter.

I think that the grizzlies intended it to be Martin and Chalmers. But now it is a lot more murky. I still keep going back to seldon. The guy played in summer league and he is not as secure as you guys think. I could also see Ennis leaving, but that would be a very surprising move. Ennis fits the mold of the fizz player. Swiss army knife wing, with good size. He is also a decent rebounder. However he is a limited scorer and both ben mac and tyreke do his job better. 

I wouldn't be heartbroken to see Ennis and Seldon gone. Or Chalmers and Seldon either. Or Chalmers and Ennis. If you think brooks is great.

2 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

Nobody says Tyreke will be gone, but has he shown anything?  Just asking.

He showed that he is 100% healthy, which is the most important thing for him right now.    He also bullied his way to the rim a couple of times although he didn't finish.    Personally i think Tyreke and Rio will be the X-factors that make us a playoff team.   They are both healthy, shot-creators and playmakers that can lead a unit or play alongside Conley.  

I never understood why people think Parsons is more worthy of being considered a CORE member and important piece over Tyreke.  Their skillsets are comparable and they are the same age. Only difference is Parsons is/was a much better shooter but Tyreke is much better slasher/scorer.  

18 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

He showed that he is 100% healthy, which is the most important thing for him right now.    He also bullied his way to the rim a couple of times although he didn't finish.    Personally i think Tyreke and Rio will be the X-factors that make us a playoff team.   They are both healthy, shot-creators and playmakers that can lead a unit or play alongside Conley.  

I never understood why people think Parsons is more worthy of being considered a CORE member and important piece over Tyreke.  Their skillsets are comparable and they are the same age. Only difference is Parsons is/was a much better shooter but Tyreke is much better slasher/scorer.  

I'm sorry but in the limited number of games we have so far, Tyreke has missed two games and you feel he has shown he is 100% healthy? Also, weren't you saying all summer that Parsons was the key to the Grizzlies being playoff contenders also? 

I hope I am wrong but I haven't seen enough from either player to say they belong as CORE players right now. The Grizzlies have two stars, not superstars, and a bunch of rejects, medical cases, undrafted and 2nd round youth and the team needs almost all of them to step up to be competitive this season.

It can happen but let's not pretend that because a player didn't limp off the court after 16 minutes that this proves he is 100% healthy and ready to be the player he was before his surgeries.