• Dillon Brooks
    • Mario Chalmers
    • James Ennis III
    • Andrew Harrison
    • Jarell Martin
    • Wayne Selden
    • Brandan Wright
    • Rade Zagorac

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/17/2017 at 04:01 AM

1 minute ago, chipc3 said:

chalmers is keeper

I think the grizzlies have Chalmers an invite out of respect so that he can show teams he can play and get other teams interested in him. I don't think he is a serious candidate to secure a spot on the team.

16 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

I think the grizzlies have Chalmers an invite out of respect so that he can show teams he can play and get other teams interested in him. I don't think he is a serious candidate to secure a spot on the team.

Where did you find that quote? I know I didn't right that. Someone is messing with my words. I don't believe I have said Chalmers was a keeper anytime in the last 12 months. Certainly not 20 minutes ago. 

I have said from the start that I believe Chalmers is an inexpensive way to challenge Harrison. Whoever loses this battle in Fizdale's eyes will be released rather than Baldwin who costs twice as much to waive and is younger than both too. I have no idea if Chalmers is a keeper or not. 

59 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Where did you find that quote? I know I didn't right that. Someone is messing with my words. I don't believe I have said Chalmers was a keeper anytime in the last 12 months. Certainly not 20 minutes ago. 

I have said from the start that I believe Chalmers is an inexpensive way to challenge Harrison. Whoever loses this battle in Fizdale's eyes will be released rather than Baldwin who costs twice as much to waive and is younger than both too. I have no idea if Chalmers is a keeper or not. 

You had a quote that you deleted which quoted grizztigerfan. I thought you said it so I added it in a quote, since many times your quoting style us to write INSIDE THE QUOTE, rather than outside of it, and when I try to quote you when you do that it is a blank quote, so I added the words back, and thought it was you when it was actually gtf.

I asked if Baldwin was on the list provided not that Chalmers was a given. You completely misrepresented what I wrote. I deleted my comment after I saw Wade was on the list instead of Baldwin.

GTF so far you got 2 out of 2 right (Daniels, Martin)

I'm  thinking Mario is next because he is the cheapest to let go if he is not 100% fit.

If he is fully fit, I think the FO will keep him. I'm  still leaning towards Baldwin because it appeared that Fiz trusted Harrison more

Martin was interviewed twice during media day. He said the rumor of him being waived was news to him, his agent, and everybody he had talked with.

26 minutes ago, Wells said:

Martin was interviewed twice during media day. He said the rumor of him being waived was news to him, his agent, and everybody he had talked with.

do you have the link to any interviews besides the ones on the teams homepage...is there a like to the martin interview. thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

do you have the link to any interviews besides the ones on the teams homepage...is there a like to the martin interview. thanks in advance.

Check the podcast from Jason and John on 92.9 and the lunch hour show on 56 whbq. Both were talking with him.

3 hours ago, Wells said:

That would be good news to me. I'd like to see at least one _power_ forward on the team.

12 hours ago, Wells said:

I doubt if he is really going to say it.

13 hours ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

I would rather they waive wright before they waive martin.

I am not against waiving Wright but I think the FO likes him and I just see Martin being gone before the start of the regular season. This is just purely my own assumption.

One of the 3 pgs are gone. Just a matter of who wins.

If JAM is resigned, Martin or Wright is gone.

On 9/27/2017 at 7:58 AM, Dwash said:

One of the 3 pgs are gone. Just a matter of who wins.

If JAM is resigned, Martin or Wright is gone.

At this point i am more invested in Harrison staying over the other 2.  Never would've thought that a year ago.     If Chalmers still doesn't look right then the smart move would be for him to be the one cut.  I dislike Wade's game but i can understand the logic in giving him another year.  

16 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

At this point i am more invested in Harrison staying over the other 2.  Never would've thought that a year ago.     If Chalmers still doesn't look right then the smart move would be for him to be the one cut.  I dislike Wade's game but i can understand the logic in giving him another year.  

Once again, it is not a battle. Chalmers was brought in to show the grizzlies what he has left in case mike goes down. Baring injury he wont be a grizzly this season.

1 hour ago, grizzgolf said:

Is it bad I would keep Harrison over Wade?

Its bad that you arent even considering a 31 year old player coming off a major injury as a possible drop.

Wades best years are ahead of him.

On 9/26/2017 at 2:40 AM, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

I would rather they waive wright before they waive martin.

Why? One has proven he can play in the league, the other has not proven he can excel in the G league.

17 minutes ago, MemphisX said:

Why? One has proven he can play in the league, the other has not proven he can excel in the G league.

My only issue is that they never played martin in real games. They never gave him a role with the team whatsoever. So how is he supposed to grow?

7 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

My only issue is that they never played martin in real games. They never gave him a role with the team whatsoever. So how is he supposed to grow?

I thought all the games were real.

How is it they haven't given him a chance in 68 NBA games at almost 14 minutes per game plus his time in the D-League?  I would like to see him succeed for us but so far it seems he doesn't have any idea how to make good decisions.  I don't think his BBIQ is that good, at least now.  How many years do they have to give him before it's time to move on?

5 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

I thought all the games were real.

How is it they haven't given him a chance in 68 NBA games at almost 14 minutes per game plus his time in the D-League?  I would like to see him succeed for us but so far it seems he doesn't have any idea how to make good decisions.  I don't think his BBIQ is that good, at least now.  How many years do they have to give him before it's time to move on?

I would venture to say that a large amount of those 68 games over 2 seasons were garbage time minutes. That was his role, to come in when the game was out of hand in the 4th quarter.

37 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

So you think he should be gifted minutes on a playoff without any history of good play even in the G league?