• Dillon Brooks
    • Mario Chalmers
    • James Ennis III
    • Andrew Harrison
    • Jarell Martin
    • Wayne Selden
    • Brandan Wright
    • Rade Zagorac

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/17/2017 at 04:01 AM

1 hour ago, smit-tay griz said:

Well, I guess that's settled.  A lot of us were just wrong.  I was more surprised by them cutting Rade than Wade, though I did not see Rade helping the team any this season.

It was probably gonna be Jarell but he saved himself with his most recent performances....and the lack of depth at PF.

I had nominated Baldwin, I just couldnt see it was gonna be Rio or Harrison. I am not quite like KBM on singing Harrison's praises, but I too dont get the hate he receives from here or on GrizzlyBearBlues.

Parsons is the one most under pressure now. I read on hoopshype that Fiz said he is definitely coming off the bench to begin the season

1 hour ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

also has anyone else had prob getting on the boards lately.

KBM blew up the site once he found out they waived Baldwin and Rade for Chalmers.  

26 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

It was probably gonna be Jarell but he saved himself with his most recent performances....and the lack of depth at PF.

I had nominated Baldwin, I just couldnt see it was gonna be Rio or Harrison. I am not quite like KBM on singing Harrison's praises, but I too dont get the hate he receives from here or on GrizzlyBearBlues.

Parsons is the one most under pressure now. I read on hoopshype that Fiz said he is definitely coming off the bench to begin the season

3 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Rade and Wade...clearly the most useless.

Listening to the various people close to the team on the radio, it sounded like the team was surprised that Chalmers was in as good of shape as he is.  It sounds like they never had any intent on keeping him for the opening day roster but he showed them more than they expected. It also sounded like the team had been down on Martin for awhile and that Rade and Rabb were basically his replacement but he played himself into a spot. Lastly, the story in the CA about Wade is not surprising. Sounds like a lot of people felt he was cocky and not willing to listen to advice last year. He supposedly changed in the offseason but too little too late. Like I said when we drafted him Troy Bell 2.0.

3 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Rade and Wade...clearly the most useless.

They did not get rid of wade because he was useless, but because he had an attitude problem. That is dumb. Meanwhile patrick mccaw is still a steal of the draft.

It is clear the grizzlies dont know how to draft 

6 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

They did not get rid of wade because he was useless, but because he had an attitude problem. That is dumb. Meanwhile patrick mccaw is still a steal of the draft.

It is clear the grizzlies dont know how to draft 

No they got rid of Wade because he was useless and his attitude made it difficult to wait on him to become useful.     

I was saying the same thing @ODK;  Rio being healthy, Parsons looking terrible and JMart looking good forced these moves.   I am just surprised that Wallace actually made the correct basketball decision. 

55 minutes ago, Father Pat said:

Saw an article that pointed out Mike Conley is the only player that was drafted in the first round by the Memphis Grizzlies that was given a 2nd contract with the team. No other 1st round picks by the team since being in Memphis have been around long enough for a contract after their rookie deal. 

battier signed a 6 year extension so i guess he technically got a second contract. 

This is why I don't care about this team drafting players, they rarely get it right. I and many others have pointed out over the years the best players for the MemGrizz have been through trades (Pau, Bonzi, Posey, JWill, Rudy, ZBo, Marc, Lorenzen, MM33) and a couple of FA signings (Tony Allen, ?) We should trade all of our draft pick unless we have teh first pick and knowing this team, they'll screw that up too.

Darrell Arthur get a second contract didn’t he?

1 hour ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

No they got rid of Wade because he was useless and his attitude made it difficult to wait on him to become useful.     

I was saying the same thing @ODK;  Rio being healthy, Parsons looking terrible and JMart looking good forced these moves.   I am just surprised that Wallace actually made the correct basketball decision. 

Just like Kyle Lowry was useless, Hassan Whiteside was useless, Demare Carroll was useless, and even Troy Wlliams.

There is no doubt that Wade has talent, but the grizzlies don't want to develop it. They wanted Mario Chalmers, and they got him. Somebody will pick up Wade Baldwin soon and that will be that.

1 hour ago, Kevin B Moses said:

The last good draft picks were jerry west picks.

Chris wallace has to go.

It must have been a bitter pill to swallow - cutting a mid 1st rnd pick after one year not because of injury.

Serious questions to be asked about people in this role of responsibility....

9 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

It must have been a bitter pill to swallow - cutting a mid 1st rnd pick after one year not because of injury.

Well, we've done it before sooooo......

52 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Well, he was another draft day trade so not exactly a true Grizz pick (similar to Pau and Rudy). He was here for 4 years so I'm not sure if he made a second contract

18 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

Kind of like being the first team in the league to send a number two overall draft pick to the D-League?

Moral of the story here; don't draft BPA if you don't need him. They had to of thought about bringin Chalmers back from the beginnin since they kept in touch with him‎ since the injury. It was a failure bringin in two rookies at pg. Also, signin Troy Daniels only to trade him a year later makes this whole thing so much worse.

Think about this; they draft Luwawu, save that TD money n bring in a vet pg, heck even Douglas, for the year. All of the sudden they don't have to release Troy Williams in order to carry 4 friggin point guards. ‎And right now they'd be in the exact same position but with Williams n Luwawu instead of Selden n Mclemore. But not only do they save money, they save themselves from wastin yet another 1st. This should be it for Wallace. If they don't fire him by seasons end i might just boycott lol.

Well they should have gone ahead and dumped Harrison while they were at it, would have saved on having to watch wasted minutes... 

I was a fan of the Wade Baldwin pick, and that hasn't changed.  I still think he has a chance to be a heckuva player in this league.  Maybe this is the wake up call the man needs to go into his next situation with the right attitude from the get go.  Sounds like he didn't listen to vets who were only trying to help him out.  And if that's the case, fine then.  This season is too critical to finding some rising talent, and attitude is an easy outler to make a decision from.

I never saw what people saw in Rade.  Some people around here acted like he was the second coming of Toni Kukoc.

I am glad that Rio seems to have enough in him to back up Conley.  I hope he can stay healthy.  Conley has to have some help, and ultimately, that may be the logic behind this mass of humanity we've brought in this year, to find him the best situation to keep him rested as possible.

I don't see how Wallace can stay now. He should fire himself.

48 minutes ago, Notorious O.D.K. said:

Well, he was another draft day trade so not exactly a true Grizz pick (similar to Pau and Rudy). He was here for 4 years so I'm not sure if he made a second contract

I am not sure how people dont count draft day trades as team selections...especially for the purpose of evaluating how well you select. 

4 hours ago, chipc3 said:

Yep - he signed a 2 year deal with the Grizz in 2012. They traded him the next summer.