Sign in to follow this  
Thomas

The Grindfather Appreciation Thread

Im not worried about a 36 year old bench player hurting us too bad

TA has been fun to watch though. I wish him the best

How bout the message this sends to future free agents; "we don't give a **** what you bring to the team in your time here, your loyalty and importance mean nothing to us.‎" Good enough for 3 mills from the Pelicans yet not worth it for us. Wow. 
We just let one the most important players in franchise history go just to take a chance on Ben ****in Mclemore, remember that.‎

1 hour ago, cdp said:
How bout the message this sends to future free agents; "we don't give a **** what you bring to the team in your time here, your loyalty and importance mean nothing to us.‎" Good enough for 3 mills from the Pelicans yet not worth it for us. Wow. 
We just let one the most important players in franchise history go just to take a chance on Ben ****in Mclemore, remember that.‎

i think that the front office and the coach saw zach and tony as the two most un-adaptable players on the team, so it wasn't that they weren't good, it was more the direction of the team, which is a **** shame.

It will be sad seeing The Grindfather coming to Memphis in a different uniform but thank you for the memories! 

He may be worth it for the Pelicans for punching DeMarcus Cousins if after Boogie loafs back on defense 3 straight times.

If he doesn't do that, it probably won't be worth it.  Given the Pelicans injury curse which is a strong as the one in Memphis, he'll probably miss a couple of the Grizzlies games.

Good luck TA. You gave me so many thrills. Only defensive role player I have ever seen make the type of impact you made in Memphis.

Will always have a place in Memphis in my eyes.

Much ex texted me, "Tony isn't on the grizzlies anymore?! And there is a team called the pelicans?" Lol

He was such a huge part of the Memphis grizzlies and always will be. In my top 10 favorites of all time.

He brought a lot to Memphis, but it was time for him to go, and NO is a good place for him. He'll teach them a lot. 

Thanks for the memories TA, but it's a business. Time to move on.....for Tony and the team. I don't plan on having emotional ties to any Grizzlies player unless they are borderline HOF or better. Very few players show loyalty to a team when it comes to money. It works both ways.

He bought defense to Memphis. They likely dont become much more than a 8 seed for a few years without hum.

Thanks for the memories. One of the most impactful Grizz players ever when younger.

Memphis had to move on. Best of luck.

Thanks for all the great and exciting plays, Mr First Team All Defense.

T.A Thank you for a great 7 years. thank you for picking Memphis 

Ugh.  I'm glad he got signed somewhere, but this hurts.

I appreciate you, Grindfather.  I really do.  I hope they find a way to retire you in Memphis.  You were part of our greatest era, and you are who gave it its name.  You are why our arena has a nickname.  You are why people feared to play us.

It was a pleasure watching you single-handedly change the tide of games (plural) solely on your defense.

I wish you well.

Man ... I flat out don't like it a bit.  Tony Allen ... man .... smh.  Good luck to you.  Pelicans just got in playoffs.

Thanks for the memories Tony.

Because you were unique in many ways I hope #9 jersey gets retired one day and hangs in FEF.

Please chuck a sickie when the Griz go up against Pels

3 minutes ago, The Truth is OUT said:

I guess this year instead of Grit n Grind it's Flap n Crap?

Funny.  Let's start a new thread for the new theme for 2017 to 2018.

Grit n Grind

Flap n Crap

other

What a fun, memorable guy to spend 7 years rooting for. Amazing how his tenure with the Grizzlies worked out.

Go back to 2010 and try to tell me that Tony Allen would become the avatar for the next 7 years of Memphis Grizzlies basketball... just goes to show that you never really know.

All hail the grindfather. All the best in New Orleans and beyond, Tony.

1 hour ago, GamesOut said:

Funny.  Let's start a new thread for the new theme for 2017 to 2018.

Grit n Grind

Flap n Crap

other

Was actually meaning the Pelicans...