PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan

I have to give Wallace his props..this team really has few flaw besides injury concerns

3 hours ago, new_skool91 said:

I hope Parsons keeps doing what he needs to do to earn those big minutes when they count.  Right now Dillon Brooks is ahead of him in that category!:o

Long time no see, welcome back!

30 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

For the record I predicted 38 and couldn’t be happier I look wrong so far. 

You just went with the media census to be "smart" and level-headed. I'm not even sure how you would basis that on anything meaningful. 

9 minutes ago, Memfizz said:

I predict a 15-1 start. Then a small skid..then near 50-50 ball like always.  End up 7th seed. Exit first/2nd round.  I've learned not to get excited when we start out good.

You guys are like clockwork.  "Marc looks like an MVP this year! Something is different!" 

3 months later he's the most stressfull member on the team and then falls flat in the playoffs after a couple games.

Whatever rook, you joined to board last year, sit down

6 minutes ago, Subliminal said:

Whatever rook, you joined to board last year, sit down

Enjoy it while it lasts! Short term memories are nice!

2 minutes ago, Memfizz said:

Uh oh, demerit time...😮

11 minutes ago, Memfizz said:

I'm going out on a limb and guess you missed the first 10 years without a playoff win. You can't talk about memory. 

7 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Uh oh, demerit time...😮

Unfortunately I can't give out demerits for just being excessively annoying. 

6 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

You just went with the media census to be "smart" and level-headed. I'm not even sure how you would basis that on anything meaningful. 

Mostly because, unlike you, he is "smart" and level-headed?;)

8 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

I base that prediction on the team’s injury history, the lack of a true scorer and a general lack of rebounding.

However I am ecstatic with the fast start.

I am still seeing a lower seeded playoff team around .500 much like last year. I dont see enough reliable scoring or consistent shooting. The defense looks good ofcourse.

I always recommend to wait for a long enough period of time (my usual yardstick is 10 games) to make any conclusion. But that shouldn't prevent us from getting excited and enjoy the ride when the ride is fun. We're fans, not Hollinger soulless robots impartial observers.

I don't think I made a prediction this season, but for the record I'm more or less with Dwash here. However I do see a lot of potential for upward or downward swings depending on how things go. If things continue clicking like they are and our young guys break out I don't think a conference finals would be out of reach. On the other hand if Marc/Mike lose significant time to injuries, there is locker room noise, or the youngsters fizzle out I could see us out of playoff contention by the ASG.

54 minutes ago, Dwash said:

I am still seeing a lower seeded playoff team around .500 much like last year. I dont see enough reliable scoring or consistent shooting. The defense looks good ofcourse.

I’m there with you.  It were still deep. If Ben Mac can hit the three like he did in sac then him, mike, Brooks, Gasol are all 40% or better from three. 

We we haven’t ever had that. I expect them to start to fall more as the season goes on as well. 

Marc’s been consistent, Conley looks to have lost a step against the bigger guards. 

11 minutes ago, Memphis Maverick said:

I’m there with you.  It were still deep. If Ben Mac can hit the three like he did in sac then him, mike, Brooks, Gasol are all 40% or better from three. 

We we haven’t ever had that. I expect them to start to fall more as the season goes on as well. 

Marc’s been consistent, Conley looks to have lost a step against the bigger guards. 

Shooting has always been the major question mark with this team (along with injuries). I could not be more excited with the start but the issues are still surrounding the team. Expecting McLemore to be more than he has ever been is wishful thinking. Expecting Gasol to continue on this pace for the entire season is optimistic at least. To expect Ennis, Evans, Parsons, etc. to continue to improve is hopeful to say the least. 

Not that any of that matters. Right now the team is playing great and I am loving it. 

1 hour ago, chipc3 said:

I base that prediction on the team’s injury history, the lack of a true scorer and a general lack of rebounding.

However I am ecstatic with the fast start.

So you based it off the fact that the grizzlies are just going to get injured, lol. Did you predict that for Boston or the rockets chris paul?

I just think it is a negative energy that you have about the grizzlies in general. 

Just now, Kevin B Moses said:

So you based it off the fact that the grizzlies are just going to get injured, lol. Did you predict that for Boston or the rockets chris paul?

I just think it is a negative energy that you have about the grizzlies in general. 

Last year you ridiculed my prediction early in the season as well. One would expect you to learn to taper your early enthusiasm but some people never learn I suppose. 

Chip is a member of the old Sunshine Patrol, he has been mostly positive about this team for a long time. I think he just thinks/thought the injuries might catch us.

5 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

There is a difference between a history of injuries, and breaking ones ankle in the first five minutes of a season.

7 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Last year you ridiculed my prediction early in the season as well. One would expect you to learn to taper your early enthusiasm but some people never learn I suppose. 

Ironically last year Mike and Marc were healthy, relatively speaking. And yeah they went off the cliff but they were a 50 win team till the allstar break.

Your negativity though is consistent. 

While I agree 100% there is good reason to "curb the enthusiasm" I also know that We just Beat the two teams most favored to get to the western conf finals

it doesn't mean we will get the 1st seed but it sure is nice to know we can beat any team and much prefer this to a slow start

anyhow next 2 games will be a true test:):) our normal grizz would loose 2 against an inferior team.. if we are 5-0 then I will change my own 42 win prediction

5 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Ironically last year Mike and Marc were healthy, relatively speaking. And yet they went off the cliff but they were a 50 win team till the allstar break.

My negativity? Man you really need to reconsider who you attack. I have been positive when the team wasn't viewed positively and I was correct. I was NOT negative last year. I was accurate. I predicted the team could win 48 games if healthy but I didn't expect them to remain healthy so I said 42 wins. Pretty close to accurate I'd say. 

You have never been correct in your comments and have a serious Trump-esque approach to anyone who has a different opinion. I'm not insulting your prediction and I would appreciate the same from you but that would require a level of maturity I am not sure you are capable of attaining but I can hope.  

I am opotimistic you can finally be right about something this year. It would be a refreshing change. Until then I have consistently said I hope I am wrong and the team does play above my expectations. 

10 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

My negativity? Man you really need to reconsider who you attack. I have been positive when the team wasn't viewed positively and I was correct. I was NOT negative last year. I was accurate. You have never been correct in your comments and have a serious Trump-esque approach to anyone who has a different opinion. 

I hope you can finally be right about something this year. It would be a refreshing change. Until then I have consistently said I hope I am wrong and the team does play above my expectations. 

I'm not saying you were wrong last year, I'm just saying your reasoning wasn't why the grizzlies won less than 50 games. If you would have said, the grizzlies won't win 50 games this (last) year because they will play down to their competition, I could respect it more.

The grizzlies may or may not win 50 games this year, but your reasoning that Mike or Marc are just going to get injured is negative and not based on anything else that is substantive.  

We still have lots of issues for example  we need Wright to develop some type chemistry with someone not name Mike Conley.

Evans should be our go to guy with the subs but he looks lost a times.

4 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

I'm not saying you were wrong last year, I'm just saying your reasoning wasn't why the grizzlies won less than 50 games. If you would have said, the grizzlies won't win 50 games this year because they will play down to their competition, I could respect it more.

The grizzlies may or may not win 50 games this year, but your reasoning that the grizzlies are just going to get injured is negative and not based on anything else that is substantive.  

I agree the injury issue has a negative bent. However, to say that it is based on nothing but negativity is blindly ignoring what has happened and is happening right now. How many players are CURRENTLY injured? None of those players were considered injury risks either. The team is loaded with players who have been permanently altered by previous injuries and others who have a history of injuries. That is very substantive information you are ignoring. 

I do find it funny how you so blithely ignore the fact that I was correct and you were wrong last year and then attempt to discredit me because my reasons weren't accurate enough. You talk about Conley and Gasol's health but ignore Parsons, Wright and others. I never said EVERYONE would be injured. I said that injuries  would prevent the team from reaching their full potential. I was right. You were wrong. 

15 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Ironically last year Mike and Marc were healthy, relatively speaking. And yeah they went off the cliff but they were a 50 win team till the allstar break.

Wow, Chip and Negativity in one sentence.

Didn't know I'd read that one day. :lol: