PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan

I have to give Wallace his props..this team really has few flaw besides injury concerns

If my memory serves me didn't PutARingOnIt curse us once before with a similar grandiose statement?

Sorry bro, but you should be banned from these boards LOL

52 minutes ago, GF#1 said:

This post is a beauty.

Nope this one is the all time classic:

"I have to give Wallace his props..this team really has few flaw besides injury concerns..."

9 hours ago, Thomas said:

I wonder if they're just holding onto Wallace until the ownership is figured out.

Pera knows if he is going to keep the team or not. He doesn’t have to wait. Kaplan/Strauss can’t make any moves unless Pera sells the team to them.

If Pera would come here and see in person what it’s like for the fans, if he would seriously look at the moves the Front Office has made and listens to their vision on how to turn this around he could and should make the obvious decision regardless of the Buy/Sell agreement. 

The ONLY reason Pera should/would wait is if he is going to sell the team and doesn’t want to alter the FO before allowing Kaplan to pick his own guys.

On 9/19/2017 at 4:39 PM, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

I just think the team will be better period...no knock on TA...but are we going to argue that TA is an outdated type of player in todays NBA.

Swing and a miss.

On 9/20/2017 at 10:32 PM, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

true and three of those weaknesses are gone...two are in sactown...one with the pels

You should be learning your lesson about the value of veteran leadership this year just like the FO/decision makers.

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 3:34 PM, tmoneyinmphs said:

You should be learning your lesson about the value of veteran leadership this year just like the FO/decision makers.

why the heck do veterans need veteran leadership...majority of the guys getting playing time a vets...two of our worst players (chalmers,mclemore) are vets...our young guys are actually having more impact on the game than our vets...and you should be learning to come at me proper.

49 minutes ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

why the heck do veterans need veteran leadership...majority of the guys getting playing time a vets...two of our worst players (chalmers,mclemore) are vets...our young guys are actually having more impact on the game than our vets...and you should be learning to come at me proper.

I don't think anyone considers mclemore a nba veteran on this team. 

Yes, chalmers is having a bad season.  The injury he had usually slows the player down for their career, so it makes sense he is struggling.

What young guys are having more impact?  Are you sure they are doing any better than chandler parsons?

On 11/5/2017 at 12:50 PM, Memfizz said:

Can all the Tony Allen fanboys admit they were wrong about his value now?  The defense looks better.

nope. not wrong as a fan.

I’d ride downtown and park in the $15 parking spot ( actually it’s dirt/mud ... but yeah)

- get me a ticket in the nosebleeds and creep down as close as I could while eating a hotdog and a smashed bag of Lays that I brought from home- on the rainiest day and know that when TA laced em up -> we were gonna get a show ... sometimes good , quite a few bad BUT no one could ever say that he wasn’t all in.

I really don’t care if the defense ‘looks better’ (whatever that means) with our current losing streak... I’d rather pay to see the TA show : missed layups and all .

Already told y’all - i’m a Zbo fan too ...

We would pick the year i get home to roll this collection of individuals out on the Grindhouse Floor ( not a team yet) and wonder why the seats are empty.

Side note : kinda feels like the name Grindhouse should not be associated with this whatever it is we roll out there and get smacked at home in front of our friends in .

His value was when fans from other cities would see you in the streets and big up TA and Zbo and Mike and Marc ( to a lesser degree).

Remember when we were not only going to the playoffs - we were doing ok ... Spurs were / are still a monster.

Now ... who do we have that an opposing coach has to game plan for?

Who gets the standing o when they head to the scorers table? ( twin is growing on me and I think Dillon is gonna be that dude soon- i like his hustle.

While I’m at it - who came up with the slogans on our growl towels?

Zbo reminded Boogie that he will put them hands on him for real - no matter who he plays for.

so yeah ... nah - I’m right TA ‘s value to me was the entertainment he provided and the heart ( the head was always questionable ) but his heart -> always brought it with him.

\ rant over

didnt mean to type this much ... been a while ... i’m working the rust off ;) 

TA demanded too much, rumored to cause problems when coming off bench..his defense slowed down and so his value diminished.  Yes he may be worth the price just to keep the identity and culture hard nosed and tenacious.  

Zbo I want to believe accepted being 6th man. And he was excellent as a offensive spark. Still to this day lethal as ever in the post.  His defense was tragic but with Davis in there improving it could have worked wonders. 

Culture wise losing Zbo was the worst thing they could happen to this franchise.  He was the beating heart AND soul of the franchise imo.  TA obviously was a fan fave but whenever I think of the white and light blue jerseys I think of Zbo first.

Vince brings obvious things to the table we miss and any team benefits from.  An unselfish leader with immense respect.  On court coach and still a good playmaker/shooter when needed.  He's not even playing in Sac but is constantly on his feet cheering and coaching, still gets the biggest cheers whenever he makes a big play. He's just a born leader.

Losing Zbo was awful.  Needed to keep him and use as 6th man until he retired..  losing ALL 3 was death..  They each brought a piece of the identity that was Memphis.  

This team has quite a few flaws including injury risk and no identity. 

No doubt. Because anyone in their right mind could see that, even fully healthy, this team was looking at 8th/7th/6th seed at best.

It's just really really sad because we aren't even tanking and are this pathetic.  It's like a tier below rock bottom.

It's crazy that we were all giving Zbo and Vince a hard time for going to a lowly Sacramento team, yet they somehow have a better record than us and a positive atmosphere of young talent and leading vets.

2 minutes ago, Memfizz said:

It's just really really sad because we aren't even tanking and are this pathetic.  It's like a tier below rock bottom.

It's crazy that we were all giving Zbo and Vince a hard time for going to a lowly Sacramento team, yet they somehow have a better record than us and a positive atmosphere of young talent and leading vets.

Saddled with big contracts, almost no desirable assets and a horrible record...

No one could have seen that coming...

Marc needs to play better and shoot above 40% to be calling everyone else out. It does feel pick uppy at times, so he's right there, but it's not like he's heroically leading the team while they do this..

1 hour ago, BigHunkALove said:

This is why Marc is probably not respected in the locker room, cause he makes comments like this and he isnt always giving his all. The team consistently has a better plus/minus with him off the court.

He needs to be moved to a high level team/coach/player that will humble him a bit and bring him back in his place.

1 hour ago, Dwash said:

This is why Marc is probably not respected in the locker room, cause he makes comments like this and he isnt always giving his all. The team consistently has a better plus/minus with him off the court.

He needs to be moved to a high level team/coach/player that will humble him a bit and bring him back in his place.

Marc basicslly said in his interview that he really wants a coach and team set up like his Spanish national team.   Dude sincerely thinks that style of play is the true "right way".  I wont be surprised if they arent looking at David Blatt or another coach from overseas as fizdale replacement.   He shoulda just went to the spurs.

2 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

Marc is correct as much as people hate to admit it.

This team was designed to play a free flow pick up type game by Fiz. The ONLY person on this roster who could remotely flourish in that kind of offense is Tyreke which is why he looks so good.

Everyone else needs to be in a system with clear roles and this isn't it.