PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan

I have to give Wallace his props..this team really has few flaw besides injury concerns

I know a lot of ppl are down on the team for next season...so I took me grizz glasses off and just looked at the team and how they fit...and I have to give Wallace his credit...he actually but together a team that could be quit dangerous...this team really has very few flaws

3pt shooting CHECK:

gasol 38.8%                     martin 36%

conley 40.7%                   mclemore 38.2%

daniels 38.9%                  parsons 37%

ennis 37.2%                      jam 38.2%

FT Shooting Check:
our worst ft shooters are wright/davis/Sheldon (Sheldon could improve) hit below 65% of there free throws everbody else on the team shoots ATLEASE 75% from the line...we actually have a few guys hitting in the high 80's area

Athletes:

mclemore               davis                      baldwin

martin                     seldom                   jam

wright                      conley

ennis                       gasol dare I say

you could add reke and parson to this list if they knees hold up

Playmakers Check:

conley                     harrison

gasol

parson

reke

chalmers

Above average size at ever position Check:

pg- Harrison/reke 6'6

sg- ennis 6'7 jam 6.9 and yes I do believe jam could play some two guard because of his ability to play above average defense on the perimeter for his size

sf-parsons 6'10

pf-wright/davis 6'10

gasol-7'1

Defense Check:

I know some people was on Wallace but for getting the same type of players,but I think its by design because we have a lot of guys that can switch a lot of thing on the defensive end...plus we always seen to have a niche at playing great team defense

the only thing I see the team having problems with is rebounding...jam is prob our best rebounder and he is not elite at it..but I can see our rebounding flaw not being a big deal because I can see our offsene being that good.

your thoughts grizzsnation

If only they can get on the court together.  The injury thing is a BIG deal because he signed Parsons, who may or may not ever be able to play well enough to justify his huge contract.  But on the other hand, he had to go after him.  I'm one of the few who doesn't fault Wallace.

4 hours ago, Michael D said:

If only they can get on the court together.  The injury thing is a BIG deal because he signed Parsons, who may or may not ever be able to play well enough to justify his huge contract.  But on the other hand, he had to go after him.  I'm one of the few who doesn't fault Wallace.

He didn't have to go after him. Mike Conley would have signed that contract either way. 

He he shouldn't have gone after him. I fault him and Mike completely. This was the year to make the big money moves. Wallace doesn't seem to look to far ahead of anything.

Do you really think Mike resigns even if we don't sign Parsons? ( who we thought we be a great addition) I'm just asking cause he seemed to give the vibe that if he doesn't get another guy then he might be out ?

We really do have it all... except, ya know... scoring and rebounding... but as long we don't play any games where those two things matter, we're set!

12 hours ago, Mempho said:

Do you really think Mike resigns even if we don't sign Parsons? ( who we thought we be a great addition) I'm just asking cause he seemed to give the vibe that if he doesn't get another guy then he might be out ?

Getting help and getting Parsons are clearly two different things. I also don't believe Conley "demands" were that serious. If he really wanted more help he could have taken a smaller salary which could have enabled the Grizzlies to bring in more and better players. 

I agree we are put together pretty well (assuming everyone is healthy...big assumption) but for the rebounding like you said.  I am afraid the rebounding is going to def be a nightmare though.

Parsons and Tyreke being high level contributors is a paper dream, it isnt going to happen. You may get some flashes but not much consistency.

14 hours ago, Mempho said:

I have a 153 million reasons why he would have resigned. 

15 hours ago, Mempho said:

Ah a rookie, that explains it all.

2 hours ago, chipc3 said:

Getting help and getting Parsons are clearly two different things. I also don't believe Conley "demands" were that serious. If he really wanted more help he could have taken a smaller salary which could have enabled the Grizzlies to bring in more and better players. 

Oh don't start going there now, that's what I said when they Gasol 20M. Do you think any of the 2 were worth what they got paid last year? I didn't see a 30M year from MC.

1 hour ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

Ah a rookie, that explains it all.

Sorry I been a Grizz fan for a decade but I don't post much on here because everyone wants to be negative and belittle people like you had to do. I simply asked a question and wanted to hear what someone else had to say. I know Mike made big money but I had the feeling he wanted another guy to help score. No matter what I'm glad he came back 

25 minutes ago, Mempho said:

Sorry I been a Grizz fan for a decade but I don't post much on here because everyone wants to be negative and belittle people like you had to do. I simply asked a question and wanted to hear what someone else had to say. I know Mike made big money but I had the feeling he wanted another guy to help score. No matter what I'm glad he came back 

Well said. I think he would have been back even if the "help" was Eric Gordon (another oft-injured player) or someone of that caliber. Who knows though...

3 minutes ago, SC Grizz said:

Well said. I think he would have been back even if the "help" was Eric Gordon (another oft-injured player) or someone of that caliber. Who knows though...

I just hope Parsons comes to life this year and makes us a way better team. I remember when VC got here I thought he was just used up and didn't have to anymore. He could barely run but I just thought that is what he had left. He came back the next year healthy and wow was he a better  player! I hope Parsons has that in him but who really knows.

Most of y'all wanted Parsons. None of y'all wanted conley at his price. Conley made y'all look stupid and now y'all want to witch hunt Wallace for the Parsons deal.

9 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Most of y'all wanted Parsons. None of y'all wanted conley at his price. Conley made y'all look stupid and now y'all want to witch hunt Wallace for the Parsons deal.

I wanted Conley at the max, knowing it would only be a max contract for a season. Don't generalize.

For a small market to succeed you really need a staff of great talent evaluaters and no body and I do mean NO BODY, thinks Wallace has excelled or ever will be known as such.  He hopes for the best with most of his deals and has repeatedly struck out in the draft, that the bargain signings have little to do with the player and more to do with the price he got the player at. 

Vince Carter (good deal) Brandon Wright (good deal) 

Chandler Parsons (bad deal) 

Tyreke Evans (good deal) Ben McLemore (good deal) 

35 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

I wanted Conley at the max, knowing it would only be a max contract for a season. Don't generalize.

You might be the only one, and you are the resident cba expert so that makes sense.

49 minutes ago, grizzgolf said:

I cant wait for a preseason game to see how everyone does and looks 

Understatement of the century

1 hour ago, grizzgolf said:

I cant wait for a preseason game to see how everyone does and looks 

Many on here are really looking forward to a preseason game just because it helps them shake of their complaining rust so they can go full Memphis Miserable by the first few games.

12 hours ago, chipc3 said:

Pretty much this.

I think Conley re-signs, but there is no guarantee that another high quality contributor would have come to Memphis, but it is a guarantee that Memphis would have had to outbid everyone else.  And it was a pretty ..meh..free agent class.

Add me to the list for Majic Money Mike. I was happy with the offer, I was happy he signed, and I'm  happy with what he gave us for his 1st year. Factoring in n the rising mlvalue of max cobtracts in the upcoming and following seasons, if Mike plays the same as last year, I'm  good with the value.

As for Chancun......phew.....