Sign in to follow this  
Thomas

We could be looking at new ownership in October

https://www.sportando.com/en/usa/nba/255849/grizzlies-minority-owners-kaplan-and-straus-reportedly-exercise-buy-sell-option.html

This article says that Kaplan & Strauss exercised their option in January of this year. I wonder how long they got to determine the price.

I think Pera is buying them out. Someone said he sold 50M of his stock in his company, that may be all the cash he has to put up, I hope so, I want him to own the team.

On 12/3/2017 at 8:54 AM, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

Is there any stronger franchises than the Lakers and the Knicks? Have they been winners lately? Where was their support when they had the other team? You know, the Sonics??????????

Both the Lakers and the Knicks have won at least one NBA title, and the Sonics during their total years of having a team have supported their team better than Memphis.

The only reason Memphis got a franchise is because they promised to build a new arena. They want have a NBA team by 2022.

39 minutes ago, scooter said:

Both the Lakers and the Knicks have won at least one NBA title, and the Sonics during their total years of having a team have supported their team better than Memphis.

The only reason Memphis got a franchise is because they promised to build a new arena. They want have a NBA team by 2022.

Doesn't Las Vegas want to have 1 too, I'll bet that quite a few cities would love to have 1. I doubt if the Bucks, the Hornets, the Pelicans, the Spurs, the Suns the Jazz and other teams are blowing themselves into the tax penalty and that would be the only way this team could get to be a contender.

23 minutes ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

Doesn't Las Vegas want to have 1 too, I'll bet that quite a few cities would love to have 1. I doubt if the Bucks, the Hornets, the Pelicans, the Spurs, the Suns the Jazz and other teams are blowing themselves into the tax penalty and that would be the only way this team could get to be a contender.

But you guys have Parsons. He's making enough money to make you guys a contender  :lol:

On 12/2/2017 at 10:46 PM, UofMark said:

The NBA doesn't want any relocations to Seattle, which is why the kept the Kings from moving there a few years back. The league wants to place an expansion team there in the next 10 years. With a projected expansion fee of 1.5 billion (it may be more), that would net each of the current 30 NBA franchises $50 million in new capital. That's the reason the NHL just went to Las Vegas, and 31 teams, and is also eying Seattle.

I just read on twitter yesterday or so, but I can't find it now, that Seattle just passed a memorandum to put millions into renovating Key Arena with the hopes/plan to attract an NHL or NBA team there within the next 5 years.

1 hour ago, Grizzled Vet said:

I just read on twitter yesterday or so, but I can't find it now, that Seattle just passed a memorandum to put millions into renovating Key Arena with the hopes/plan to attract an NHL or NBA team there within the next 5 years.

Seattle Votes To Improve Arena

14 hours ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

They do have talent and it wouldn't surprise me if the come roaring back. I do believe NO has less attendance than Memphis does. Look at Atlanta now.

Nope. NOLA is drawing more than Memphis

25 minutes ago, Thomas said:

You won't be getting the Grizzlies.

Do you know that for a fact?

11 hours ago, scooter said:

Nope. NOLA is drawing more than Memphis

New Orleans 'paid' attendance is a whopping 125 more than Memphis. The percentage of actual ticket usage is much higher in Memphis.

8 hours ago, UofMark said:

New Orleans 'paid' attendance is a whopping 125 more than Memphis. The percentage of actual ticket usage is much higher in Memphis.

I'm impressed.   -_-