Sign in to follow this  
Thomas

We could be looking at new ownership in October

lions    0

that would be a great investment for pera.pera know we canot win the big one in memphis 

Subliminal    0
1 hour ago, lions said:

that would be a great investment for pera.pera know we canot win the big one in memphis 

Like most all of your posts, this makes no sense. You're saying he wants to sell his share because he thinks they can't win a title?

1 hour ago, MemphisX said:

Grizz will go for $1 billion in valuation next month.

If only pera would have listened to MemphisX, they'd be worth 3 billion, if not more.

MemphisX    0
22 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

If only pera would have listened to MemphisX, they'd be worth 3 billion, if not more.

Valuation has nothing to do with the quality of the team.

38 minutes ago, MemphisX said:

Valuation has nothing to do with the quality of the team.

Im no expert and neither are you. But I suspect that the grizzlies are worth at least 1.5 billion, and I could see it going as high as 1.7 billion. Nba franchises are gold.

Gradey    0
On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 2:52 PM, lions said:

Pera has no intention to sell the team.

Thomas    0
On 9/8/2017 at 4:29 PM, Gradey said:

I don't see why. He has made it clear that he doesn't really give a **** about it anymore. Cash out now.

tangogriz    0
4 hours ago, Thomas said:

I don't see why. He has made it clear that he doesn't really give a **** about it anymore. Cash out now.

How has he made it clear?

giphy.gif

Father Pat    0
On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 4:29 PM, Gradey said:

His intentions don't matter. Kaplan is the one that can make the sale/buyout happen. Kaplan also names the price. 

tangogriz    0
2 hours ago, Father Pat said:

His intentions don't matter. Kaplan is the one that can make the sale/buyout happen. Kaplan also names the price. 

Doesn't Pera have the final decision?

UofMark    0

Also the status quo is a possibility. Kaplan has since acquired an English Premiere League soccer team and may not want to do anything but ride his ever increasing share value of the Grizzlies. I believe he has this same option in another five years. 

Gradey    0
17 hours ago, Father Pat said:

It is not quite that simple Pat.  If one sets a price, the other can decline to sell at that price but turn around and buy out the other at the named price.  The fact is the two guys HATE each other (I don't mean playground hate but real dislike).  If one can crap on the other they will and vice versa.  Best case scenario is that they manage to sell to the other (whichever one) and get it done cleanly.  I don't hold a lot of hope for that happening or it would have already done so.  There was a time when Pera had a better position in the big picture than he does now but Pera does still hold a lot of leverage.  If I were to have to bet, I'd be that eventually Kaplan will sell his shares to Pera.  But when guys get their dandruff up and those guys are billionaires, weird crap can happen.

Father Pat    0
10 hours ago, Gradey said:

It is not quite that simple Pat.  If one sets a price, the other can decline to sell at that price but turn around and buy out the other at the named price.  The fact is the two guys HATE each other (I don't mean playground hate but real dislike).  If one can crap on the other they will and vice versa.  Best case scenario is that they manage to sell to the other (whichever one) and get it done cleanly.  I don't hold a lot of hope for that happening or it would have already done so.  There was a time when Pera had a better position in the big picture than he does now but Pera does still hold a lot of leverage.  If I were to have to bet, I'd be that eventually Kaplan will sell his shares to Pera.  But when guys get their dandruff up and those guys are billionaires, weird crap can happen.

What will or could happen is as simple as I stated. Nothing could happen, or Kaplan evokes the clause. If he does, then Pera buys him out or he buys Pera out. I think you are exaggerating about Pera hating him, he simply didn't want to pay Kaplan what he (Kaplan) felt was fair market price for his shares. Kaplan may very well have a great dislike towards Pera because it prevented him from buying the T-Wolves, I can see that, but if Kaplan wanted it badly enough he still could have found a buyer for his shares, so too stinking bad for Kaplan. I have no idea why you think Pera has "a lot of leverage". He will be faced with a simple question; buy or sell. Kaplan is the one that has nearly all the leverage here. He's also been involved in attempts to purchase the Hawks, baseballs S.D. Padres, and the T-Wolves. If he wants the team, he can get the money together. I'm sure he knows exactly what amount he will have to ask that Pera can't afford. There is a huge difference between Pera's net worth and the amount of cash he will be able to scrape together to buy out Kaplan. 

To me, this whole thing will prove that Pera is either a very shrewd and intelligent business man - by keeping the Grizzlies, or a fool with no forward vision - by losing the team to Kaplan who he could have just paid fair market value to, allowing him to buy the T-Wolves and then solidifying a friendship with another NBA owner.

Gradey    0

Yep I agree with you there Pat.  Just on a side note though...I am not at all exaggerating how much these two dudes dislike each other.  That part of it is very much true.  They don't like each other at all.  Some serious bad blood lol.

**That said- I personally do not know them but someone who does know them has assured me that they do not like each other and it is a mutual thing.

chipc3    0
1 hour ago, Gradey said:

Yep I agree with you there Pat.  Just on a side note though...I am not at all exaggerating how much these two dudes dislike each other.  That part of it is very much true.  They don't like each other at all.  Some serious bad blood lol.

**That said- I personally do not know them but someone who does know them has assured me that they do not like each other and it is a mutual thing.

I wonder why Kaplan agreed to help out Pera with the purchase if he hated him so much? 

UofMark    0
36 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

I wonder why Kaplan agreed to help out Pera with the purchase if he hated him so much? 

I think Kaplan came aboard because Jason Levien convinced him. Levien was more responsible in putting the ownership group together than Pera.

Gradey    0

That is correct Mark- and the animosity did not kick off until they were already partners.  It was some personal slights that really got the dandruff up is what I was told.  Small thing sin the big picture but stuff that matters to folks who matter :D

chipc3    0

BUZZ-Ubiquiti Networks tumbles after Citron report

10:32 AM Eastern Daylight Time Sep 18, 2017
    ** Ubiquiti Networks <UBNT.O> shares down 7.6 pct at $50.77
after hitting 3-1/2 month low of $47.78
    ** Citron Research released report on co, saying a list of
red flags "lead us to believe without a doubt that Ubiquiti
Networks is a total fraud" : http://bit.ly/2xts7QD
    ** Citron compares use of word "misunderstood" by Ubiquiti
CEO Robert Pera on last conference call with similar statements
made by Valeant Pharmaceuticals <VRX> and Enron 
    ** Operating metrics of Ubiquiti were compared by Citron to
competitors, and said "either Robert Pera is the best CEO in
networking equipment or Ubiquiti is committing fraud" 
    ** Citron doubts the legitimacy of the "Ubiquiti community,"
that the co says is a competitive advantage; says it is mostly
composed of bots  
    ** Major distributor network of Ubiquiti is questionable,
according to Citron and "invites a company to obfuscate its true
financials," as Citron says disclosed receivables do not match
disclosed payables of distributors
    ** Citron concludes the "holes in their story and expanding
daily and it is only time before the SEC launches a formal
investigation" 
    ** With Mon drop, UBNT shares have lost about 12 pct YTD

chipc3    0

Pera's Reply on Twitter:

I just put my head down and let the products and numbers speak for themselves. My apologies to those affected by these clowns. 

@robertpera