Sign in to follow this  
Kevin B Moses

The model to draft high lottery picks and then ship them off after they become vets and start over is played out

It's the dumbest strategy ever. The teams that win titles are the ones that take those vets.

Look at what Boston did. They are basically a worse version of the old hawks team, with an overrated Al Horford, a Joe Johnson type in Gordon Hayward, and a no defense playing kyrie. And guess what they are no closer to winning a champion despite all those picks.

Anyone that thinks blowing up the grizzlies is a path to a championship is living a delusional life. It is a path to where we are right now with getting 3rd tier free agents and having to trade the one or two good players we draft before they bolt to another team.

Anyone that thinks Anthony Davis or kat will win a championship with their teams dont understand free agency. 

Golden State basically drafted a championship team, OKC drafted a close contender, but Philadelphia and Minnesota have flopped..........to me there is a lot of luck involved.

I agree blowing up and starting over is for losers.

15 minutes ago, Jetfixer said:

Golden State basically drafted a championship team, OKC drafted a close contender, but Philadelphia and Minnesota have flopped..........to me there is a lot of luck involved.

I agree blowing up and starting over is for losers.

Golden State, first of all, won a championship when each team they played got key injuries. The next year they lost to a team that built their team through free agency. Then, golden state went out and plucked the second best player in the game.

OKC is a prime example of what I am saying.

Small market teams losing their stars to the big market teams who go on to win championships after the 7th year is a tired model. And anyone that thinks the grizzlies blowing it up to go for a championship will work isn't watching the nba trends, and is exacerbating the nba problem that has been going on for years: despite the one bright spot which is the spurs.

Golden State won, if we win one while Lebron, KD, Curry, Harden, etc. get abducted by aliens I don't care.

37 minutes ago, Jetfixer said:

Golden State won, if we win one while Lebron, KD, Curry, Harden, etc. get abducted by aliens I don't care.

Im not so sure, we got to the west finals and few people on this board to give them credit for it. But gs doesn't get the same criticism.

2 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Im not so sure, we got to the west finals and few people on this board to give them credit for it. But gs doesn't get the same criticism.

in my honest opinion...I think Wallace has constructed (if healthy) a title contender for THIS season...this team really has few flaws besides guys with injury concerns

20 hours ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

in my honest opinion...I think Wallace has constructed (if healthy) a title contender for THIS season...this team really has few flaws besides guys with injury concerns

Love me some optimism! 

21 hours ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

Chandler has to replace Zbo's production. Honestly, the more I think about it, the more I realize that tyreke was parson insurance and Ben was a vet that could replace Vince. I think if they could have afforded Vince they would not have signed ben.

8 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Chandler has to replace Zbo's production. Honestly, the more I think about it, the more I realize that tyreke was parson insurance and Ben was a vet that could replace Vince. I think if they could have afforded Vince they would not have signed ben.

replacing ta/vince/zbo production (as in numbers/stats) is not going to be hard imo...what they brought to the game mentally may be another story..im just having a hard time believing that a healthy Core 5 of conley/reke/parson/jam/gasol are going to be  a nonplayoff team...imo our ceiling is the second seed...but I can also see use having a lot of injuries and being a lottery team.

12 hours ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

replacing ta/vince/zbo production (as in numbers/stats) is not going to be hard imo...what they brought to the game mentally may be another story..im just having a hard time believing that a healthy Core 5 of conley/reke/parson/jam/gasol are going to be  a nonplayoff team...imo our ceiling is the second seed...but I can also see use having a lot of injuries and being a lottery team.

If Parsons, Evans, and Chalmers are healthy maybe.  You're talking about 31 ppg from TA, VC, and Z-bo.  If they can't all contribute it may be a struggle.

4 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

If Parsons, Evans, and Chalmers are healthy maybe.  You're talking about 31 ppg from TA, VC, and Z-bo.  If they can't all contribute it may be a struggle.

ta/vc/zbo production should be replaced by mclemore/wright/chalmers hopefully...but one of the main reason I'm excited for next season is because we could run a starting five (conley/evans/parsons/jam/gasol) that would have fours guys that could go for 30 on any giving  night

Let's see Parsons get 20 before saying he can get 30 lol. But I'm with you, if we stay healthy we will be an interesting team with a lot of potential 

4 hours ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

ta/vc/zbo production should be replaced by mclemore/wright/chalmers hopefully...but one of the main reason I'm excited for next season is because we could run a starting five (conley/evans/parsons/jam/gasol) that would have fours guys that could go for 30 on any giving  night

30 points from McLemore,/Wright/Chalmers?  Really?  McLemore is injured and all of them might be coming off the bench.  I sincerely doubt they average 30 between them.  I don't have any faith that Parsons will be anywhere near what he was.  Has Jam ever scored 30 in a game?  I know he was, at least, very close once last season, but I wouldn't expect many like that.  I hope you're right, but I am skeptical.

14 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

30 points from McLemore,/Wright/Chalmers?  Really?  McLemore is injured and all of them might be coming off the bench.  I sincerely doubt they average 30 between them.  I don't have any faith that Parsons will be anywhere near what he was.  Has Jam ever scored 30 in a game?  I know he was, at least, very close once last season, but I wouldn't expect many like that.  I hope you're right, but I am skeptical.

career ppg:

branden wright 7.1

ben mclemore 9.4

Mario chalmers 9.0

that's 25.5 ppg I would hope fiz could squeeze 5 more points out of that trio..they prob will be the focal points of our bench so that really not a huge stretch. also didn't say jam could go for 30...I was talking about conley/reke/parson/gasol...and with parosn if he can stay healthy I believe he can return to form because he game really wasn't based on his athleticism kind of like gasol and zbo.

6 hours ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

career ppg:

branden wright 7.1

ben mclemore 9.4

Mario chalmers 9.0

that's 25.5 ppg I would hope fiz could squeeze 5 more points out of that trio..they prob will be the focal points of our bench so that really not a huge stretch. also didn't say jam could go for 30...I was talking about conley/reke/parson/gasol...and with parosn if he can stay healthy I believe he can return to form because he game really wasn't based on his athleticism kind of like gasol and zbo.

That's career numbers.  You realize that Chalmers was a starter for most of his career don't you?  McL was a starter too.  They're coming off the bench now = less minutes.  All three have had recent injuries, notably Chalmers with his ruptured achilles, an injury from which few return to normal.  I think your outlook is a bit too optimistic.  I hope they perform well, but I don't know about all that...

On 9/6/2017 at 11:11 AM, Kevin B Moses said:

It's the dumbest strategy ever. The teams that win titles are the ones that take those vets.

Look at what Boston did. They are basically a worse version of the old hawks team, with an overrated Al Horford, a Joe Johnson type in Gordon Hayward, and a no defense playing kyrie. And guess what they are no closer to winning a champion despite all those picks.

Anyone that thinks blowing up the grizzlies is a path to a championship is living a delusional life. It is a path to where we are right now with getting 3rd tier free agents and having to trade the one or two good players we draft before they bolt to another team.

Anyone that thinks Anthony Davis or kat will win a championship with their teams dont understand free agency. 

So what you're saying is that the Grizzlies should build through free agency?? In what world do you live in that that's possible? The biggest free agent signing in franchise history is Chandler Parsons. This team isn't the Lakers and it doesn't have a Lebron everyone wants to come play with. The Grizzlies have to be the next San Antonio and hit big at least once in the draft if they want a ring. 

Side note, if you think Boston is any worse than 2nd best in the east you're out of your mind.