Sign in to follow this  
PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan

Marc Gasol highlighs from Venezuela games 2017

I checked the venezuela roster.  They defended marc with #43 who is 6'8" and 235 lbs.  The other guy defending marc (#15) is 6'8" and 210.  Their tallest player is 6'9" and weighs 205 lbs.  So that could explain some of the "aggressiveness".

And they had to defend pau gasol too who will always be better than marc.

16 points, 4 assists against much smaller competition isn't impressing me.   I'd like to find his rebounding numbers in this game but can't find them.  My guess is less than 4 rebounds.

Historically speaking the odd years (when the Euro championships are played) Marc arrives in better shape because the end of the tournaments are very close to training camp and the preseason (so no chances for a long vacation or a Big Mac spree). Here's hoping for another career season.

10 minutes ago, tmoneyinmphs said:

16 points, 4 assists against much smaller competition isn't impressing me.   I'd like to find his rebounding numbers in this game but can't find them.  My guess is less than 4 rebounds.

4 in the second game, 8 in the first. He had a 12/6/4 game yesterday against Belgium, but I haven't found any highlights.

Anyway, don't sell Venezuela short (no pun intended), they're the current Americas Tournament champions and they beat Canada and Argentina. They're small but fast and athletic. Their defense though...

3 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

4 in the second game, 8 in the first. He had a 12/6/4 game yesterday against Belgium, but I haven't found any highlights.

Anyway, don't sell Venezuela short (no pun intended), they're the current Americas Tournament champions and they beat Canada and Argentina. They're small but fast and athletic. Their defense though...

Argentina hasn't been that good lately. Even the Philippines forced an OT game against them in the last World Championships.

We'd have a better barometer of where Marc is once they face the really big teams.

2 hours ago, Iron Mike said:

Argentina hasn't been that good lately. Even the Philippines forced an OT game against them in the last World Championships.

We'd have a better barometer of where Marc is once they face the really big teams.

They play Lithuania tomorrow. No shortage of big guys.

7 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

Historically speaking the odd years (when the Euro championships are played) Marc arrives in better shape because the end of the tournaments are very close to training camp and the preseason (so no chances for a long vacation or a Big Mac spree). Here's hoping for another career season.

I remember the year he sit out the games...he said he absolutely hated it..because of the reason you mentioned

Wow... Marc looks amazing out there.  He has been fairly slim for the last several seasons, but he has actual muscle definition now!  Great work Marc... keep it up!

Spain-Lithuania on right now. I'm on my phone si I can't look for links but it's not on pay TV so there should be some.

Marc very active so far but he's out with foul trouble halfway through the first quarter.

On 8/26/2017 at 0:46 AM, fanboyslim said:

Spain-Lithuania on right now. I'm on my phone si I can't look for links but it's not on pay TV so there should be some.

Marc very active so far but he's out with foul trouble halfway through the first quarter.

dang, couldnt find a boxscore of that game. Spain won 79-78, right?

Pau is still the better player.

It sounds like marc is coasting which is ok with me since he's not playing for the grizz who overpay him.

Seriously, i don't expect anything different from marc this upcoming year.  

3 minutes ago, tmoneyinmphs said:

It sounds like marc is coasting which is ok with me since he's not playing for the grizz who overpay him.

He is only going on 33. This is the year he is going to turn the corner.

15 minutes ago, tmoneyinmphs said:

10 minutes ago, Dwash said:

He is only going on 33. This is the year he is going to turn the corner.

more 3s and better conditioning and I'm good with that...we all seen marc  can be a beast just not the whole season..here hoping to better conditioning to make that an all season thing.