Sign in to follow this  
PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan

Marc Gasol highlighs from Venezuela games 2017

5 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

I can tell from the pixels, and from having seen quite a few 'shops in my time.

It may be photoshopped but it's obviously a professional pic. Shadows and such are just highlighting his muscles. You can clearly see how fit he is in the games and even from just photos of the game.

6 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

As an experienced Photoshopper, I'd say the only work this has had would be the removal of a background, and understandable balancing of shadow-vs-light.  

There are a couple of oddities - top of shoulder and inside of elbow - but otherwise the edges are clean, which is very hard to do if you've been tweaking. 

Wonder how much he weighs now.  

I have seen Pau have some serious definition pictures in the Summertime too. You have to remember some of these guys are in the peak of weight training during the Summer, then cool off on that as the season starts.

9 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

You're thinking of PixelShop.

See how fit he looks in this one.

DFKqeUaXkAAQo7Q.jpg

Spain is playing against the Czech Republic but the score is Spain 30 up at halftime so I don't expect Marc to play a lot.

People are talking a lot about Marc's muscle definition but what's most surprising to me is how fast he looks.

On 8/24/2017 at 7:23 AM, tmoneyinmphs said:

I checked the venezuela roster.  They defended marc with #43 who is 6'8" and 235 lbs.  The other guy defending marc (#15) is 6'8" and 210.  Their tallest player is 6'9" and weighs 205 lbs.  So that could explain some of the "aggressiveness".

And they had to defend pau gasol too who will always be better than marc.

I think you may be on to something.  At first glance of the highlights, it appears that Venezuela is not a big fan of playing defense and Marc is so much bigger than who he was going against.   He still looked good and engaged and strong.  He was playing for his country with his brother, so he wasnt going to fade into the woodwork like he does at times when he plays for the Grizzlies and he is being defended by a long, tall, athletic big who can out jump him and is stronger than he is.  

The key to Marc being successful, to me, is simply is he engaged?  Is he motivated to give his all?  Or does he go AWOL and fade into the woodwork like he does sometimes and like he did in the 4th quarter of the elimination game against SAS?  

He looks like a juggernaut against Venezuela.  Can he look like a juggernaut against the Spurs or Rockets or Warriors? He has the talent.  He is as smart of a basketball player as their is most likely in the NBA, but sometimes he just seems detached and moody.   When he gets like that, he is not effective at all.  That is why Lionel used to goad him, poke at him, talk ugly to him to get him motivated to show his talent. Lionel would purposefully make him mad just to get him angry enough to be aggressive.  So its all about how engaged he is when talking about how great Marc can be. 

20 hours ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

DIp6jEnW4AEdzl2.jpg

Why does it look like he's wearing a watch?  In the other pics it looks like some sort of wristband, but here it looks like a watch?

53 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

Where's Waldo?

Dunno, but I think I see the watch.

2009-02-13-rorschach.jpg