Sign in to follow this  
chipc3

Grizzlies Predictions

Will the Grizzlies make the Playoffs for the 2017-18 season   

47 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Do you believe the Grizzlies will make the playoffs this season?

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/17/2017 at 09:01 PM

15 hours ago, MemphisX said:

I think the team will win 33-37 games depending on if and when they punt.

Unless Marc becomes a double digit rebounder, this team is in trouble.

22 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I think Marc can become a double-digit rebounder but only if Fiz takes away some of his offensive responsibility.  

Would Marc becoming a double-digit rebounder hurt the Grizzlies offense enough that they won't be better than if they let Marc be more responsible offensively and not a rebounder? 

Also, why does Marc getting more rebounds, especially on the defensive end, parlay into him being less effective on the offensive end? 

35 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Would Marc becoming a double-digit rebounder hurt the Grizzlies offense enough that they won't be better than if they let Marc be more responsible offensively and not a rebounder? 

Also, why does Marc getting more rebounds, especially on the defensive end, parlay into him being less effective on the offensive end? 

Because Marc is not an elite physical specimen.   As last season showed the more offensive responsibility he is given the greater the impact on his defense.   Unless you are a freak athlete (lebron, Giannis, PG)  its very difficult to be a primary scorer and a primary defender too.     

However, Marc taking a step back offensively shouldn't be detrimental if his All-Around(defense, passing, rebounding) game gets back to elite level.   We have more potential scorers to help share the offensive load in Tyreke, Rio, Ben, and Parsons than we did last season. 

On 8/17/2017 at 8:39 AM, chipc3 said:

The Clippers have had a 16-15 record without Chris Paul and that was without a solid replacement for him. "Patrick Beverly is no Chris Paul but he isn't chopped liver either." He is a distinct improvement over Austin Rivers. He was 1st team all Defense last season. They still have Austin Rivers to help with playmaking and have added Gallinari. I don't expect them to be as good but I still believe they will be solid.  

What are you talking about, Austin Rivers looked like an ALL PRO against the Grizz last year. He ate them up.

2 hours ago, Subliminal said:

64-18

16 minutes ago, The Stro Show said:

naw no way, 63-19

Might as well start designing the championship banner!

On 8/18/2017 at 11:56 AM, chipc3 said:

I'm talking about winning championships too. Mike and Marc are the leaders of the team just like Tony, Manu and Tim have been for the Spurs. The Spurs won titles behind those players but allowed many other veterans to leave when they no longer weren't viewed as being the best players to win titles. 

When you discuss letting players go you aren't referring to Marc and Mike however. They are still on the Grizzlies roster. It would appear you are talking about Zach and Tony who were allowed to sign big contracts elsewhere. You mentioned the Spurs "always resign your vets, unless they retire." I showed that the Spurs allowed Stephen Jackson leave. They allowed Boris Diaw to leave. They allowed David West to leave who then went to Golden State and got a ring. 

The Spurs allowed veteran players to leave but kept those they felt were important to keeping the team competitive to win a title. The Grizzlies may be doing the same. Mike and Marc were both resigned to big contracts to prevent them from leaving after all.  

You know that David West left on his own.

This was pretty cool blurb to read

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2743091-1-trade-every-fringe-nba-playoff-team-should-already-be-considering

Memphis Grizzlies

Why: They're not a fringe playoff team. They're a surefire playoff team.

Face it: Most of us were wrong about the Memphis Grizzlies. They are deeper than advertised, and Mike Conley and Marc Gasol are automatically worth 44-plus wins.

No squad in the league has played out a tougher schedule, and yet the Grizzlies are sitting pretty, at 7-4, with a top-five defense. They're going to the spring dance.

On 10/14/2017 at 8:08 PM, Subliminal said:

64-18

its funny how no one is hearing from you now the grizzlies are losing .you my be right the grizzlies may  not win 34 games it my be less

On 10/14/2017 at 8:08 PM, Subliminal said:

64-18

were are you

45 minutes ago, lions said:

were are you

I can't speak for Subliminal, but 80% of what he says is sarcasm or humor-intentioned posts. I'm sure this post was one of those occasions.

1 hour ago, El Guapo said:

I can't speak for Subliminal, but 80% of what he says is sarcasm or humor-intentioned posts. I'm sure this post was one of those occasions.

Part of what I find funny about his posts is that a lot of folks don't see it.

27 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

Part of what I find funny about his posts is that a lot of folks don't see it.

Exactly 

On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 8:19 PM, chipc3 said:

Bump

Did you predict Steph Curry would get hurt too? Just after he signed a 200 million dollar contract. Can you say injury prone? Overpaid and overrated?

57 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Did you predict Steph Curry would get hurt too? Just after he signed a 200 million dollar contract. Can you say injury prone? Overpaid and overrated?

No because his injury won’t derail their team in my opinion. I also didn’t tear into other people’s predictions. My prediction also wasn’t that Conley would get injured. Just that the Grizzlies we’re counting on an injury free roster with a team made up of players who had. Propensity to get injured. 

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 9:24 AM, GF#1 said:

What I currently see is the top 4 teams being the Warriors, Spurs, Rockets, and Thunder. I think the Blazers and T-Wolves will likely occupy the 5-6 slots. I then think that we will be either the 7th or 8th seed (this assumes some injuries throughout the season, but not an inordinate amount). I'll say 7th.

Then the 8th seed will be battled out between the Jazz and Pelicans, with Clippers falling short. I see them as a 35-38 win team right now.

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 8:48 AM, GF#1 said:

Barring reasonable health, the team will make the playoffs as one of the bottom 4 seeds.

But extended injuries to Conley and/or Gasol will change that quickly.

Still early, but I'm confident about the top 4 teams I selected. I think OKC will continue to figure out how to gel and win games as the season progresses, and steadily rise towards the top half of the Western Conference playoff picture.

Minnesota and Portland are right about where I thought they would be, if OKC were a part of the mix in the top half. Jazz and Pelicans are right where I thought they would be. Hovering around the 8 spot.

The only real minor surprise for me so far is the Nuggets in the 6th spot, which Dwash tried warning me about. I still haven't completely bought into them as a playoff team. Maybe I'm stubborn.

The Clippers at 8-15 is about what I expected of them. Just don't have a lot on that team.

And my biggest fears about the Grizzlies are rearing its ugly head. Conley being out is so huge for this team. We came into this season understanding that we were going to be overly reliant on Conley and Gasol to win games. With both of them healthy and in the lineup, we're a playoff team. With one of them missing extended time, we just aren't that good.

4 minutes ago, GF#1 said:

Still early, but I'm confident about the top 4 teams I selected. I think OKC will continue to figure out how to gel and win games as the season progresses, and steadily rise towards the top half of the Western Conference playoff picture.

Minnesota and Portland are right about where I thought they would be, if OKC were a part of the mix in the top half. Jazz and Pelicans are right where I thought they would be. Hovering around the 8 spot.

The only real minor surprise for me so far is the Nuggets in the 6th spot, which Dwash tried warning me about. I still haven't completely bought into them as a playoff team. Maybe I'm stubborn.

The Clippers at 8-15 is about what I expected of them. Just don't have a lot on that team.

And my biggest fears about the Grizzlies are rearing its ugly head. Conley being out is so huge for this team. We came into this season understanding that we were going to be overly reliant on Conley and Gasol to win games. With both of them healthy and in the lineup, we're a playoff team. With one of them missing extended time, we just aren't that good.

I expected the Clippers and Thunder to be much better than they are turning out to be. Perhaps the Thunder can turn it around. Memphis joins the Clippers as underachievers and I didn't have Memphis that high to begin with. :o

Prediction: Western Conf. final standings

1.GSW 2.Houston 3. SAS 4. Minny 5. OKC 6. Portland 7.Denver. 8. NOLA