Sign in to follow this  
chipc3

Grizzlies Predictions

Will the Grizzlies make the Playoffs for the 2017-18 season   

42 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe the Grizzlies will make the playoffs this season?

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 10/17/2017 at 09:01 PM

TimBC    0
11 hours ago, Dwash said:

I can totally agree with that. I really dont think they care about playing style and all that. Just financial bottom line.

Get real. Having some concern for $ doesn't instantly make you a team that doesn't care about the product on the court. Even if they ARE all about money, they know you have to put out a product people will pay for.

If we get the Spanish Marc and last years Conley then it's hard to imagine the team being bad this upcoming season.     I see no reason why Marc's tournament aggression and game doesn't carry over into the season.

Mike should have little to no drop off considering he will have a better understanding of Fiz system with more experience.  Plus Chalmers, Tyreke, and even more seasoned Harrison will all be better backups than what Mike had last year.    

There will be no confusion about who the leader of the team is (hint its Mike) and no confusion over the roles.   There will be fewer distractions which will allow Fiz to concentrate on coaching the guys up and evolving his system.   I think a few of the young guys will show improvement and development this season: Wayne, Brooks, and Harrison.   Which is all that i have ever asked for. 

All we need is for Tyreke and Chandler to be fully healthy for us to be a playoff team like we were last season.     I am predicting a 46 win season and playoff berth.  

I am pretty excited to see the guys hit the court.   Booo the haters. 

chipc3    0
46 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

If we get the Spanish Marc and last years Conley then it's hard to imagine the team being bad this upcoming season.     I see no reason why Marc's tournament aggression and game doesn't carry over into the season.

Mike should have little to no drop off considering he will have a better understanding of Fiz system with more experience.  Plus Chalmers, Tyreke, and even more seasoned Harrison will all be better backups than what Mike had last year.    

There will be no confusion about who the leader of the team is (hint its Mike) and no confusion over the roles.   There will be fewer distractions which will allow Fiz to concentrate on coaching the guys up and evolving his system.   I think a few of the young guys will show improvement and development this season: Wayne, Brooks, and Harrison.   Which is all that i have ever asked for. 

All we need is for Tyreke and Chandler to be fully healthy for us to be a playoff team like we were last season.     I am predicting a 46 win season and playoff berth.  

I realize people will consider me a hater for pointing this out again, but can anyone name a player who has returned to full health and performance after 3 knee surgeries? I'm not just asking about basketball either but any sport???

guillermo    0
5 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

I realize people will consider me a hater for pointing this out again, but can anyone name a player who has returned to full health and performance after 3 knee surgeries? I'm not just asking about basketball either but any sport???

hasn't Westbrook had a few surgeries on his knees? I'm not sure,  I cant think of anyone else.

chipc3    0
Just now, guillermo said:

hasn't Westbrook had a few surgeries on his knees? I'm not sure,  I cant think of anyone else.

Actually Russell had 3 surgeries after one event back in 2013. Apparently they had to go back in twice to fix what they didn't fix the first time. Westbrook was 25 at the time. 

I didn't know that.

I can say without hesitation that he recovered well from the torn meniscus and the follow up surgeries. 

Perhaps asking a 29 year old Chandler Parsons and 28 year old Tyreke Evans, both who have missed extensive time over the last few seasons, to return fully healthy and performing at a high level isn't way out of the question. 

Unless you believe that a torn meniscus isn't as severe an injury as Parsons' cartlidge and meniscus problems in his right knee and meniscus injury in his left or Evans cartlidge and bone chip issues. 

22 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Actually Russell had 3 surgeries after one event back in 2013. Apparently they had to go back in twice to fix what they didn't fix the first time. Westbrook was 25 at the time. 

I didn't know that.

I can say without hesitation that he recovered well from the torn meniscus and the follow up surgeries. 

Perhaps asking a 29 year old Chandler Parsons and 28 year old Tyreke Evans, both who have missed extensive time over the last few seasons, to return fully healthy and performing at a high level isn't way out of the question. 

Unless you believe that a torn meniscus isn't as severe an injury as Parsons' cartlidge and meniscus problems in his right knee and meniscus injury in his left or Evans cartlidge and bone chip issues. 

Tyreke did mention in an interview on Grindcity (paraphrasing)  that his initial surgeries were misdiagnosed and his last one actually addressed the real issue he had been experiencing.   He said now he can do full range of motion and exercises without any soreness.   I am actually more confident in Tyreke being 100% than Chandler, which still lends me to believing the team will have a solid season. 

fanboyslim    0

I think having three knee surgeries is so rare that you can't really predict anything from previous cases, but of course the odds are worse the older you are. It's really a case by case thing.

Torn meniscus is indeed the mildest of knee injuries. I found this article explaining their relative severity if anyone is interested: http://www.newellstrength.com/hierarchy-knee-injuries/

Michael D    0
4 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Bravo! I'm keeping my fingers crossed.  The Grizzlies will continue to keep the true condition of Chandler Parsons top secret so only time will tell.

5 hours ago, chipc3 said:

I answered your question like two months ago.