Sign in to follow this  
chipc3

Grizzlies Predictions

Will the Grizzlies make the Playoffs for the 2017-18 season   

42 members have voted

  1. 1. Do you believe the Grizzlies will make the playoffs this season?


  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 10/17/2017 at 09:01 PM

Recommended Posts

GF#1    0
8 hours ago, chipc3 said:

Nice 'non-answer' answer!

Hey you said vote, I voted. ;)

Grizzlies make the PO's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chipc3    0
6 minutes ago, GF#1 said:

Hey you said vote, I voted. ;)

Grizzlies make the PO's.

:lol:

That's for the first sentence, not the second by the way!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chipc3 said:

1) Warriors

2) Rockets

3) Spurs 

4) Thunder

5) Clippers

6) Blazers

7) Timberwolves

8) one of Jazz, Nuggets, Grizzlies, Pelicans

12) Sacramento

13) Lakers

14) Mavericks

15) Suns

Kind of a gutless punt with calling for 4 teams to fight for the 8th spot but I truly believe it could come down to the final week of the season between them. If I had to make a call today (and I don't) then I'd say Jazz, Nuggets, Grizzlies then Pelicans.

This is a ridiculous list. But I suspect your only reason for posting it was to show that the grizzlies would be fighting for the 8th spot. You seem to not have given a care the world about the other teams you put on the list ahead of that 8th spot.

For example, The clippers at 5. Apparently, the clippers can lose their top player on the team: chris paul, lose another starter: JJ Reddick, have lockeroom strife in the fact that the players are fed-up with Doc Rivers' preferential treatment given to his son, but hey they are rolling.

The blazers haven't done nothing but give allen crabbe 18.5 million, have two guys that play no defense and are still paying 17 million to even turner. lol, but you have confidence that they are a guaranteed playoff team. okay. The timberwolves won 31 games for a reason last year. They are not that good.

Conversely, you think the jazz, one of the best defensive teams in the league are going to be worse than the blazer, one of the worst defenses in the league. lol

Anyway, I hope it works out for ya.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Allen    0
46 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

This is a ridiculous list. But I suspect your only reason for posting it was to show that the grizzlies would be fighting for the 8th spot. You seem to not have given a care the world about the other teams you put on the list ahead of that 8th spot.

For example, The clippers at 5. Apparently, the clippers can lose their top player on the team: chris paul, lose another starter: JJ Reddick, have lockeroom strife in the fact that the players are fed-up with Doc Rivers' preferential treatment given to his son, but hey they are rolling.

The blazers haven't done nothing but give allen crabbe 18.5 million, have two guys that play no defense and are still paying 17 million to even turner. lol, but you have confidence that they are a guaranteed playoff team. okay. The timberwolves won 31 games for a reason last year. They are not that good.

Conversely, you think the jazz, one of the best defensive teams in the league are going to be worse than the blazer, one of the worst defenses in the league. lol

Anyway, I hope it works out for ya.

That's his list and opinion. Your free to make your own list

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

imo assuming good health for all teams:

GSW-obvious

Spurs-they are the spurs who will prob have the MVP next season

Thunder-bringing in PG13 imo put them right back where they were before Durant left

Grizz-is actually a well put together team very few flaws on our team

Houston-imo chris paul is overrated not really gonna improve the rockets plus they lost their best perimeter defender

Clippers-Griffin/Gallinari/PatBev/Jordan is a pretty good core four

Twolves-Great talent but also very young talent if they stay together could compete for a title in a few years

Blazers-just don't see any other team having a better record than them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chipc3    0
10 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

This is a ridiculous list. But I suspect your only reason for posting it was to show that the grizzlies would be fighting for the 8th spot. You seem to not have given a care the world about the other teams you put on the list ahead of that 8th spot.

For example, The clippers at 5. Apparently, the clippers can lose their top player on the team: chris paul, lose another starter: JJ Reddick, have lockeroom strife in the fact that the players are fed-up with Doc Rivers' preferential treatment given to his son, but hey they are rolling.

The blazers haven't done nothing but give allen crabbe 18.5 million, have two guys that play no defense and are still paying 17 million to even turner. lol, but you have confidence that they are a guaranteed playoff team. okay. The timberwolves won 31 games for a reason last year. They are not that good.

Conversely, you think the jazz, one of the best defensive teams in the league are going to be worse than the blazer, one of the worst defenses in the league. lol

Anyway, I hope it works out for ya.

The Clippers signed Danillo Gallinari who, if healthy, is superior to Chandler Parsons in my eyes. Their front line of Gallinari, Griffin and Jordan is as strong as any in the league. Patrick Beverly is no Chris Paul but he isn't chopped liver either. The Clippers bench has Lou Williams, Sam Dekker and a very interesting prospect in Milos Telodic. They aren't a solid top 4 team heading into the season as they have been in the past but they are strong in most areas. As far as team chemistry, we will have to wait and see what Jerry West and Doc Rivers are able to do with them. 

Portland was one of the best teams in the league last season after they traded for Jusif Nuric. Nuric got hurt prior to the playoffs but it isn't a career threatening type of injury. He should be back giving Portland an inside presence they have desperately needed. They talent up and down the roster and their big 3 of Lillard, McCollum and Nuric are superior to the Grizzlies big 2. 

The Timberwolves lost the most games when leading in the 4th quarter last season. They replaced Zach Levine with Jimmy Butler and added veterans in Jamal Crawford, Jeff Teague and Taj Gibson. Those four veterans combined with Karl Anthony Towns and Andrew Wiggins make for an intriguing lineup. Their coach has been successful in the past and is now in his 2nd season with the TWolves. A 10+ game improvement is not out of the question with the increased talent and veteran experience. 

Denver added Paul Millsap. New Orleans has had a full off-season to blend DeMarcus Cousins and Anthony Davis. Jazz lost Gordon Heyward. That's a big loss and replacing George Hill with Ricky Rubio isn't exactly an upgrade in my opinion either but Gobert is young and improving as is Hill. I fall off should be expected but Utah, like Denver, still has a big home court advantage thanks to the altitude which can't be ignored either. 

The Grizzlies lost three players that contributed 31.2 PPG and that isn't including JaMychal Green who still hasn't signed an extension. If Green returns, how will his emotional state be? The Grizzlies have attempted to replace those points with Tyreke Evans (who's trying to return from 3 knee injuries), Chandler Parsons (who also is trying to recover from 3 knee surgeries), Ben McLemore (who broke his foot this summer and will miss all of training camp plus some of the season) and Mario Chalmers (who hasn't played in the NBA since tearing his Achilles tendon 17 months ago). Is it wrong to assume at least 3-4 games lost from last season isn't out of the question? 

Injuries will play a major factor in how teams actually end the season but that is true for the Grizzlies more than anyone else. 

Then again let's consider the source of this critism. Last season he called me similar things for putting the Grizzlies between 41 and 48 wins. He predicted 58 wins. I'll let the other posters decide for themselves who is ridiculous. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GF#1    0
14 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

The Clippers signed Danillo Gallinari who, if healthy, is superior to Chandler Parsons in my eyes. Their front line of Gallinari, Griffin and Jordan is as strong as any in the league. Patrick Beverly is no Chris Paul but he isn't chopped liver either. The Clippers bench has Lou Williams, Sam Dekker and a very interesting prospect in Milos Telodic. They aren't a solid top 4 team heading into the season as they have been in the past but they are strong in most areas. As far as team chemistry, we will have to wait and see what Jerry West and Doc Rivers are able to do with them. 

Portland was one of the best teams in the league last season after they traded for Jusif Nuric. Nuric got hurt prior to the playoffs but it isn't a career threatening type of injury. He should be back giving Portland an inside presence they have desperately needed. They talent up and down the roster and their big 3 of Lillard, McCollum and Nuric are superior to the Grizzlies big 2. 

The Timberwolves lost the most games when leading in the 4th quarter last season. They replaced Zach Levine with Jimmy Butler and added veterans in Jamal Crawford, Jeff Teague and Taj Gibson. Those four veterans combined with Karl Anthony Towns and Andrew Wiggins make for an intriguing lineup. Their coach has been successful in the past and is now in his 2nd season with the TWolves. A 10+ game improvement is not out of the question with the increased talent and veteran experience. 

Denver added Paul Millsap. New Orleans has had a full off-season to blend DeMarcus Cousins and Anthony Davis. Jazz lost Gordon Heyward. That's a big loss and replacing George Hill with Ricky Rubio isn't exactly an upgrade in my opinion either but Gobert is young and improving as is Hill. I fall off should be expected but Utah, like Denver, still has a big home court advantage thanks to the altitude which can't be ignored either. 

The Grizzlies lost three players that contributed 31.2 PPG and that isn't including JaMychal Green who still hasn't signed an extension. If Green returns, how will his emotional state be? The Grizzlies have attempted to replace those points with Tyreke Evans (who's trying to return from 3 knee injuries), Chandler Parsons (who also is trying to recover from 3 knee surgeries), Ben McLemore (who broke his foot this summer and will miss all of training camp plus some of the season) and Mario Chalmers (who hasn't played in the NBA since tearing his Achilles tendon 17 months ago). Is it wrong to assume at least 3-4 games lost from last season isn't out of the question? 

Injuries will play a major factor in how teams actually end the season but that is true for the Grizzlies more than anyone else. 

Then again let's consider the source of this critism. Last season he called me similar things for putting the Grizzlies between 41 and 48 wins. He predicted 58 wins. I'll let the other posters decide for themselves who is ridiculous. 

****. Chip spitting fire this morning.

Only thing I'll say is if Gordon Heyward is going to knock Utah out of the playoffs, I don't see how you keep the Clippers in contention for home court. CP3 made that whole thing go. It will be interesting to see how they come out of the gates.

Personally, I think they have a solid chance at missing the playoffs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GF#1    0
11 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

This is a ridiculous list. But I suspect your only reason for posting it was to show that the grizzlies would be fighting for the 8th spot. You seem to not have given a care the world about the other teams you put on the list ahead of that 8th spot.

For example, The clippers at 5. Apparently, the clippers can lose their top player on the team: chris paul, lose another starter: JJ Reddick, have lockeroom strife in the fact that the players are fed-up with Doc Rivers' preferential treatment given to his son, but hey they are rolling.

The blazers haven't done nothing but give allen crabbe 18.5 million, have two guys that play no defense and are still paying 17 million to even turner. lol, but you have confidence that they are a guaranteed playoff team. okay. The timberwolves won 31 games for a reason last year. They are not that good.

Conversely, you think the jazz, one of the best defensive teams in the league are going to be worse than the blazer, one of the worst defenses in the league. lol

Anyway, I hope it works out for ya.

Portland finished last season winning 17 of its last 23 games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chipc3    0
8 minutes ago, GF#1 said:

****. Chip spitting fire this morning.

Only thing I'll say is if Gordon Heyward is going to knock Utah out of the playoffs, I don't see how you keep the Clippers in contention for home court. CP3 made that whole thing go. It will be interesting to see how they come out of the gates.

Personally, I think they have a solid chance at missing the playoffs.

The Clippers have had a 16-15 record without Chris Paul and that was without a solid replacement for him. "Patrick Beverly is no Chris Paul but he isn't chopped liver either." He is a distinct improvement over Austin Rivers. He was 1st team all Defense last season. They still have Austin Rivers to help with playmaking and have added Gallinari. I don't expect them to be as good but I still believe they will be solid.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gradey    0

So much depends on health this year.  IF the guys can stay healthy its not a bad team.  Injuries could seriously turn this into a real dumpster fire though.  And that is concerning given the people we are relying on to be healthy show no history of doing so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GF#1    0
5 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

The Clippers have had a 16-15 record without Chris Paul and that was without a solid replacement for him. "Patrick Beverly is no Chris Paul but he isn't chopped liver either." He is a distinct improvement over Austin Rivers. He was 1st team all Defense last season. They still have Austin Rivers to help with playmaking and have added Gallinari. I don't expect them to be as good but I still believe they will be solid.  

Couldn't get your link to work on my computer, but Paul missed 21 games last season, and the Clippers were 8-13 in those games. That equates to a roughly 31 win team. Again, I think many underestimate just how much CP3 meant to that team last season. I don't think Patrick Beverly will get even close to duplicating the playmaking ability that Paul brought to the table.  Then when you consider the loss of Reddick, and even Crawford to a lesser degree (he did play 82 games for them last season), I'm just not convinced that Gallinari and Beverly come close to accommodating for those losses, as you seem to suggest.

It will take a drastic change in style to accommodate for the loss of Paul, and I don't think they'll recover from it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chipc3    0
Just now, GF#1 said:

Couldn't get your link to work on my computer, but Paul missed 21 games last season, and the Clippers were 8-13 in those games. That equates to a roughly 31 win team. Again, I think many underestimate just how much CP3 meant to that team last season. I don't think Patrick Beverly will get even close to duplicating the playmaking ability that Paul brought to the table.  Then when you consider the loss of Reddick, and even Crawford to a lesser degree (he did play 82 games for them last season), I'm just not convinced that Gallinari and Beverly come close to accommodating for those losses, as you seem to suggest.

It will take a drastic change in style to accommodate for the loss of Paul, and I don't think they'll recover from it.

Do you see the Clippers falling below .500? Maybe I am wrong about the Clips. I'm willing to listen. I'm not locked into this pre-pre-season prediction or anything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GF#1    0
9 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Do you see the Clippers falling below .500? Maybe I am wrong about the Clips. I'm willing to listen. I'm not locked into this pre-pre-season prediction or anything. 

What I currently see is the top 4 teams being the Warriors, Spurs, Rockets, and Thunder. I think the Blazers and T-Wolves will likely occupy the 5-6 slots. I then think that we will be either the 7th or 8th seed (this assumes some injuries throughout the season, but not an inordinate amount). I'll say 7th.

Then the 8th seed will be battled out between the Jazz and Pelicans, with Clippers falling short. I see them as a 35-38 win team right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dwash    0
8 minutes ago, GF#1 said:

What I currently see is the top 4 teams being the Warriors, Spurs, Rockets, and Thunder. I think the Blazers and T-Wolves will likely occupy the 5-6 slots. I then think that we will be either the 7th or 8th seed (this assumes some injuries throughout the season, but not an inordinate amount). I'll say 7th.

Then the 8th seed will be battled out between the Jazz and Pelicans, with Clippers falling short. I see them as a 35-38 win team right now.

I really think folks sleeping on the Denver Nuggets. They need Murray to breakout (feel like he will play pg this year) and Chandler to be healthy again (not sure about this one). But Jokic and Millsap is a strong frontcourt, Harris is getting good and they appear to have some solid bench depth in Plumlee, Arthur, Faried, Barton, Hernangomez, Nelson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chipc3 said:

The Clippers signed Danillo Gallinari who, if healthy, is superior to Chandler Parsons in my eyes. Their front line of Gallinari, Griffin and Jordan is as strong as any in the league. Patrick Beverly is no Chris Paul but he isn't chopped liver either. The Clippers bench has Lou Williams, Sam Dekker and a very interesting prospect in Milos Telodic. They aren't a solid top 4 team heading into the season as they have been in the past but they are strong in most areas. As far as team chemistry, we will have to wait and see what Jerry West and Doc Rivers are able to do with them. 

Portland was one of the best teams in the league last season after they traded for Jusif Nuric. Nuric got hurt prior to the playoffs but it isn't a career threatening type of injury. He should be back giving Portland an inside presence they have desperately needed. They talent up and down the roster and their big 3 of Lillard, McCollum and Nuric are superior to the Grizzlies big 2. 

The Timberwolves lost the most games when leading in the 4th quarter last season. They replaced Zach Levine with Jimmy Butler and added veterans in Jamal Crawford, Jeff Teague and Taj Gibson. Those four veterans combined with Karl Anthony Towns and Andrew Wiggins make for an intriguing lineup. Their coach has been successful in the past and is now in his 2nd season with the TWolves. A 10+ game improvement is not out of the question with the increased talent and veteran experience. 

Denver added Paul Millsap. New Orleans has had a full off-season to blend DeMarcus Cousins and Anthony Davis. Jazz lost Gordon Heyward. That's a big loss and replacing George Hill with Ricky Rubio isn't exactly an upgrade in my opinion either but Gobert is young and improving as is Hill. I fall off should be expected but Utah, like Denver, still has a big home court advantage thanks to the altitude which can't be ignored either. 

The Grizzlies lost three players that contributed 31.2 PPG and that isn't including JaMychal Green who still hasn't signed an extension. If Green returns, how will his emotional state be? The Grizzlies have attempted to replace those points with Tyreke Evans (who's trying to return from 3 knee injuries), Chandler Parsons (who also is trying to recover from 3 knee surgeries), Ben McLemore (who broke his foot this summer and will miss all of training camp plus some of the season) and Mario Chalmers (who hasn't played in the NBA since tearing his Achilles tendon 17 months ago). Is it wrong to assume at least 3-4 games lost from last season isn't out of the question? 

Injuries will play a major factor in how teams actually end the season but that is true for the Grizzlies more than anyone else. 

Then again let's consider the source of this critism. Last season he called me similar things for putting the Grizzlies between 41 and 48 wins. He predicted 58 wins. I'll let the other posters decide for themselves who is ridiculous. 

I just want to point out this: gallo, who you use to justify your position on the clippers, played for Denver last year. Then you use Nuric, who played again for Denver, to justify your position on Portland. With all of these great difference making players that Denver had you'd think they would have been a 50 win team. But they missed the playoffs last year. Then you double down that apparently Denver was such a juggernaut that they can lose two of the best difference making players, but they can add a Paul milsap and they are back to being a playoff contender.

Somebody else already mentioned how great the clippers were without Chris Paul, so I can see how you have so much confidence in them.

Oh yeah, and I knew you'd bring up the whole last year prediction, a prediction that you prefaced with, if they aren't healthy. So what, because I didn't make a dooms day scenario with an unhealthy Grizz team, your forecasting skills are better than mine? Lol

I'll make a bet with you. I'll bet you that utah finishes with a better record than the twolves. You up for that bet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chipc3    0
1 hour ago, Kevin B Moses said:

I just want to point out this: gallo, who you use to justify your position on the clippers, played for Denver last year. Then you use Nuric, who played again for Denver, to justify your position on Portland. With all of these great difference making players that Denver had you'd think they would have been a 50 win team. But they missed the playoffs last year. Then you double down that apparently Denver was such a juggernaut that they can lose two of the best difference making players, but they can add a Paul milsap and they are back to being a playoff contender.

Somebody else already mentioned how great the clippers were without Chris Paul, so I can see how you have so much confidence in them.

Oh yeah, and I knew you'd bring up the whole last year prediction, a prediction that you prefaced with, if they aren't healthy. So what, because I didn't make a dooms day scenario with an unhealthy Grizz team, your forecasting skills are better than mine? Lol

I'll make a bet with you. I'll bet you that utah finishes with a better record than the twolves. You up for that bet?

 

KBM - You make persuasive arguments when you don't hold to the original post. However I will go back and start from the beginning.

The Clippers won 51 games last season despite missing Chris Paul for 21 games. If they lose 8 more games than last season by losing Paul but adding Gallinari, Beverly and Lou Williams, they would qualify for the playoffs. So the Clippers will not likely win 51 games but I believe they should still be in the playoffs ahead of Memphis who lost Randolph, Allen, Carter and potentially Green and replaced them with Tyreke Evans and Ben McLemore

Remember also that Gallinari was injured most of the last few seasons in Denver (his missed 19 games last season alone). Paul Millsap is an excellent player who was an all-star last season so I believe adding him will be an improvement for Denver (who I place along with Memphis, Utah and New Orleans) as a potential 8th seed. Last season Denver was 40-42 and only needs to improve a few games to be playoff eligible. I am not nor have I suggested Denver is a 50 win team. That was your opinion not mine.

Denver didn't use Jusuf Nuric as well as Portland did. Nuric was a 8 PPG, 6 RPG player in Denver's system. He was a 15 PPG, 10 RPG player in Portland. I never made the implication that Juric was an impact player before he left Denver. He wasn't. He was an impact player in Portland however. 

Finally, I didn't criticize your pre-season prediction last season. I only brought it up this season because I was proven right despite your criticism. You are attempting to do the same this year. You were wrong last year. I suspect the same will be true this season.  

I hope I am wrong and Memphis does finish safely in the playoffs. I'd love to finally have to say I was wrong and you were right. However, if you follow the links I provided for you perhaps you will have a better understanding of the players I mention and why I believe their impacts will be what they are. 

I am not placing bets about Minnesota or Utah either. If your main criticism of my opinion is who finishes higher between teams I picked between 7 and 11 you really should calm down. Or better yet, make your own prediction and give your reasons why. 

It is easy to be a critic. Much harder to make the prediction and deal with the critics. Don't be a cop out and show us your predicted finish in the West. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

 

KBM - You make persuasive arguments when you don't hold to the original post. However I will go back and start from the beginning.

The Clippers won 51 games last season despite missing Chris Paul for 21 games. If they lose 8 more games than last season by losing Paul but adding Gallinari, Beverly and Lou Williams, they would qualify for the playoffs. So the Clippers will not likely win 51 games but I believe they should still be in the playoffs ahead of Memphis who lost Randolph, Allen, Carter and potentially Green and replaced them with Tyreke Evans and Ben McLemore. 

Gallinari was injured most of the last few seasons in Denver. Paul Millsap is an excellent player who was an all-star last season so I believe adding him will be an improvement for Denver (who I place along with Memphis, Utah and New Orleans) as a potential 8th seed. Last season Denver was 40-42 and only needs to improve a few games to be playoff eligible. I am not nor have I suggested Denver is a 50 win team. That was your opinion not mine.

Denver didn't use Nuric as well as Portland did. Nuric was a 8 PPG, 6 RPG player in Denver's system. He was a 15 PPG, 10 RPG player in Portland. So you can't suggest I made the implication that Juric was an impact player before he left Denver. He wasn't. He was an impact player in Portland however. 

Finally, I didn't criticize your pre-season prediction last season. You eviscerated mine last year and you are attempting to do the same this year. You were wrong last year and I was right. I suspect the same will be true this season but I hope I am wrong and Memphis does finish safely in the playoffs. I'd love to finally have to say I was wrong and you were right. 

I was wrong on the grizzlies last year because I did not account for Parsons being a max player who did absolutely nothing to help the team, along with the fact that fizz completely changed the style of play and I also didn't realize the lack of depth on the team.

Regardless though, most of you predicted that the spurs would sweep the Grizz and despite all of the problems the grizzlies had, they very nearly got it to a game 7.

I'll admit that I have supreme faith in mike and marc and gng, so yeah I was pretty salty last year. And while the Grizz were barely a .500 win team last year, they were probably a lot better than the record showed, if you look at their playoff performance and their quality wins.

I just wish that the grizzlies would have kept zbo and tony. They were hardly the problem last year, the mistake was giving Parsons that deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chipc3    0
5 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

I was wrong on the grizzlies last year because I did not account for Parsons being a max player who did absolutely nothing to help the team, along with the fact that fizz completely changed the style of play and I also didn't realize the lack of depth on the team.

Regardless though, most of you predicted that the spurs would sweep the Grizz and despite all of the problems the grizzlies had, they very nearly got it to a game 7.

I'll admit that I have supreme faith in mike and marc and gng, so yeah I was pretty salty last year. And while the Grizz were barely a .500 win team last year, they were probably a lot better than the record showed, if you look at their playoff performance and their quality wins.

I just wish that the grizzlies would have kept zbo and tony. They were hardly the problem last year, the mistake was giving Parsons that deal.

I empathize with that emotion. I loved GNG as a mantra if not a true style of play. I too will miss Randolph and Allen and even Vince Carter. 

I am very concerned the Grizzlies are attempting to play the style du jour rather than play to the team's strength. I realized Fizdale was going to change the style last season and it would cost games. I realized the coach was a rookie and would struggle at times getting the most out of the team. Parsons could have gotten the team closer to 48 wins (my upside potential), possible more than that if he was completely healthy and playing well but coming off his 2nd knee surgery I realized that was not likely. 

Randolph and Allen were going to leave sooner or later. It's sad but a fact of professional basketball that players can't play forever. It's probably best for the long run that they left this summer. However, replacing them with another known knee problem player and a bust isn't the solution I believe anyone wanted heading into the summer. That is why I see them fighting to reach the playoffs this year rather than safely in like the past. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GF#1    0
12 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

I was wrong on the grizzlies last year because I did not account for Parsons being a max player who did absolutely nothing to help the team, along with the fact that fizz completely changed the style of play and I also didn't realize the lack of depth on the team.

Regardless though, most of you predicted that the spurs would sweep the Grizz and despite all of the problems the grizzlies had, they very nearly got it to a game 7.

I'll admit that I have supreme faith in mike and marc and gng, so yeah I was pretty salty last year. And while the Grizz were barely a .500 win team last year, they were probably a lot better than the record showed, if you look at their playoff performance and their quality wins.

I just wish that the grizzlies would have kept zbo and tony. They were hardly the problem last year, the mistake was giving Parsons that deal.

I suppose everyone on this forum but you knew that Fizdale was going to change the style of play prior to the start of last season. Why it came as a surprise to you, who knows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, GF#1 said:

I suppose everyone on this forum but you knew that Fizdale was going to change the style of play prior to the start of last season. Why it came as a surprise to you, who knows.

The common theme as I remember it was that the grizzlies are going to do what they are going to do. They are vets and if dj couldn't do it, etc, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

The common theme as I remember it was that the grizzlies are going to do what they are going to do. They are vets and if dj couldn't do it, etc, etc.

Nope it was pretty explicitly stated that any new coach was going to change the style of play.  Heck Joerger was hired specifically to modernize the offense too.   One of the reasons why Lionel wasn't resigned was because they didn't believe he could change the style of play (offense). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Nope it was pretty explicitly stated that any new coach was going to change the style of play.  Heck Joerger was hired specifically to modernize the offense too.   One of the reasons why Lionel wasn't resigned was because they didn't believe he could change the style of play (offense). 

Heck, there is a thread created this year that says we are going to see how committed the front office is to fizz's style of play. Don't think it is as cut and dry as you claim it to be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Heck, there is a thread created this year that says we are going to see how committed the front office is to fizz's style of play. Don't think it is as cut and dry as you claim it to be.

It never is but both hiring's (Joerger and Fizdale) were predicated on improving the offense.   Fizdale's offense looked nothing like Hollins even with the same CORE guys so Fiz showed his commitment to change.  

I also believe signing Chandler and Daniels last offseason and moving on from Zbo +TA this offseason shows a pretty big commitment from the FO. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chipc3    0
1 minute ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

It never is but both hiring's (Joerger and Fizdale) were predicated on improving the offense.   Fizdale's offense looked nothing like Hollins even with the same CORE guys so Fiz showed his commitment to change.  

I also believe signing Chandler and Daniels last offseason and moving on from Zbo +TA this offseason shows a pretty big commitment from the FO. 

It could just as easily be said that signing McLemore and Evans is a sign of the FO undermining Fizdale!!! 

Just teasing guys!!! :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this