Sign in to follow this  
chipc3

Grizzlies Predictions

Will the Grizzlies make the Playoffs for the 2017-18 season   

42 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe the Grizzlies will make the playoffs this season?

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 10/17/2017 at 09:01 PM

chipc3    0

This is a simple poll. I don't care if you believe the Grizzlies will be healthy or not. I don't care if you believe the youngsters will out-perform or not. I just want everyone to please vote on this one question.

Will the Memphis Grizzlies be in the playoffs for the 2017-18 season? 

lions    0

no, i feel will be 34-48 no bench  no rebounding and to many ifs

cdp    0

Barely. Between us, the Blazers, Clips, Jazz, Kings, Nuggets, Pels n Wolves it's gonna be an all out war for those lower four playoff spots.

Should be a lil entertainin atleast.

Dwash    0

Our max target is to barely make the playoffs then get handled by a top 4 team. Thats for the next 3 years. Thats the ceiling. After that it gets worse.

Tell why again why tanking isnt a better option?

chipc3    0
57 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Our max target is to barely make the playoffs then get handled by a top 4 team. Thats for the next 3 years. Thats the ceiling. After that it gets worse.

Tell why again why tanking isnt a better option?

I love the way you act depressed but still give the team a strong chance at winning more than half their games. I remember when the Grizzlies were barely winning 20 games and were trying to win every night. 

I worry that the team doesn't have to tank to finish down in the standings. 

Dwash    0
20 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

I love the way you act depressed but still give the team a strong chance at winning more than half their games. I remember when the Grizzlies were barely winning 20 games and were trying to win every night. 

I worry that the team doesn't have to tank to finish down in the standings. 

As I have said before atleast when they were winning 20 I knew there was a chance that they would draft someone who could be a difference maker. Right now its about 40 and will slowly drop to 20 win status by 2021.

I dont like slow deaths, just chop my head off with the guillotine or machete not the butter knife

3 hours ago, Dwash said:

As I have said before atleast when they were winning 20 I knew there was a chance that they would draft someone who could be a difference maker. Right now its about 40 and will slowly drop to 20 win status by 2021.

I dont like slow deaths, just chop my head off with the guillotine or machete not the butter knife

well if you listen to the experts then we will be lucky to win 20 games this year

Dwash    0
4 hours ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

well if you listen to the experts then we will be lucky to win 20 games this year

Show me an expert or website prediction that said that.

GF#1    0

Barring reasonable health, the team will make the playoffs as one of the bottom 4 seeds.

But extended injuries to Conley and/or Gasol will change that quickly.

Michael D    0

It all comes down to Parsons returning to form (big if).  The team needs him now more than ever with Zbo gone.

chipc3    0
3 hours ago, GF#1 said:

Barring reasonable health, the team will make the playoffs as one of the bottom 4 seeds.

But extended injuries to Conley and/or Gasol will change that quickly.

Nice 'non-answer' answer!

7 hours ago, Dwash said:

Show me an expert or website prediction that said that.

well most early predictions/rankings have us around 9-12 in the west and I an assumimng that's with good health and since most ppl on this board think our players wont be healthy...boom bam wala...there goes your 20 win season

Dwash    0
1 hour ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

well most early predictions/rankings have us around 9-12 in the west and I an assumimng that's with good health and since most ppl on this board think our players wont be healthy...boom bam wala...there goes your 20 win season

So who are the experts or board members that predicted 20 wins? Can you find any or name any actual names?

1 hour ago, Dwash said:

So who are the experts or board members that predicted 20 wins? Can you find any or name any actual names?

espn,Bleachereport,nba.com etc all have the Grizzlies missing the playoff...listen if you think I think we are only going to win 20 games then you are mistaking....with good health I actually think the team is elite team (4th in the west-GSW,Spurs,Thunder,GRizz)

36 minutes ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

espn,Bleachereport,nba.com etc all have the Grizzlies missing the playoff...listen if you think I think we are only going to win 20 games then you are mistaking....with good health I actually think the team is elite team (4th in the west-GSW,Spurs,Thunder,GRizz)

I believe in mike and marc a lot, I just don't trust anybody else on the team. And I also don't fully believe in the system fizz is trying to run.

So while I think we will be better than last year, I have my doubts about what this team can do.

This is no longer the gng Grizz and that is scary.

Allen    0
2 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

I believe in mike and marc a lot, I just don't trust anybody else on the team. And I also don't fully believe in the system fizz is trying to run.

So while I think we will be better than last year, I have my doubts about what this team can do.

You predicted that the team would win 58 or more games last year though?

6 minutes ago, Allen said:

You predicted that the team would win 58 or more games last year though?

My prediction last year overvalued Parsons, and I did not account for the lack of depth on the team.

However, the strange thing is that I was against the Parsons signing and I advocating that we sign depth rather than a super star. I wanted Lin and somebody else.

So I knew it, but I got caught up. And Parsons gave us nothing.

28 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

IF we can maintain our defensive identity I think we will be fine

I say they barely make it but it's so many things that can wrong.They'll be hovering around .500.

Dwash    0
41 minutes ago, Notorious O.D.K. said:

I say they barely make it but it's so many things that can wrong.They'll be hovering around .500.

Thats what I see. 

I think it hinges on Parsons and his contribution.  If Parsons is a non contributor and Fiz does NOT force him on the starting lineup like he did last season and alienate Marc again making him detached and moody, then I think the talent level can make the playoffs in 7th or 8th to be followed by a quick exit in the first round. 

If Parsons comes back and actually contributes and develops chemistry with Mike and Marc, then maybe the 4th seed is within reach.  But the total lackadaisical attitude that plagued the team last season toward the end before the playoffs cannot happen again.  Everyone needs to buy in and play together. Parsons has got to give the team something--a lot preferably.  When the team had the chance to go for the 4th seed after the All Star break and proceeded to lose something like 5 straight and then lose to teams like BKN and others, it was so disheartening to watch.  That cannot happen if the team fancies itself a contender for a middle to upper seed. And that is Fizdale's job to press the right buttons and drive the team to the best record possible to get the best seed to get the best chance possible for advancement.  Lionel did it.  He DROVE that team to the WCF (yes I know Westbrook got injured).  If Mike or Marc doesnt pick up the reigns and drive the team then Fiz has to do it, but someone has got to step up and say losses like the home loss to BKN last season are not acceptable and we arent putting up with it. Fizdale has the talent to get a 4 or 5 seed, but can he keep the team together enough and get them to buy in to go for it is the question. 

2 hours ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

Matt Moore (I think of CBS Sports) thinks Grizz have chance to be a top 4 or 5 seed in West.  Opinions are like....well, you know, everyone has one.  MEM is not a sexy pick.  Other teams have made moves.  I can see why some would think MEM would not make it, but the team has the talent to do it--barely.  But as I said above, if Parsons is anywhere near what he used to be, then that is just like having a brand new player with playmaking ability who can shoot.  Grizz havent had many players like that if at all.  If Parsons even comes close to being what he used to be, then the team can hang with most anyone except maybe GSW, but it depends on him.  Without him, Grizz are down near the 7,8 ,9 position and will do just what they did last season--put up a little fight and then go quietly in the first round. 

chipc3    0

1) Warriors

2) Rockets

3) Spurs 

4) Thunder

5) Clippers

6) Blazers

7) Timberwolves

8) one of Jazz, Nuggets, Grizzlies, Pelicans

12) Sacramento

13) Lakers

14) Mavericks

15) Suns

Kind of a gutless punt with calling for 4 teams to fight for the 8th spot but I truly believe it could come down to the final week of the season between them. If I had to make a call today (and I don't) then I'd say Jazz, Nuggets, Grizzlies then Pelicans.