Recommended Posts

So NBA2K18 will feature an "All Time" team for all 30 teams.

Quote

NBA 2K18 will feature All-Time Teams for all 30 NBA franchises comprised of the best players in each team's history, the video game makers announced.

Who do you think makes the cut for the Grizz? I'm thinking

PG: Conley, JWill

SG: ???? Bonzi? Michael Dickerson? Mayo?CLee? Person?

SF: Rudy Gay, Battier (SAR if Vancouver)

PF: Z-Bo, Pau

C: Marc

I don't know if it's just Memphis players or the Vancouver/Memphis franchise.

It would be hilarious (if not sad) if players like Stro and Darko made the team.

Although they should have a fan favorite on the team, in that case, I would vote for Bo Outlaw, James Posey or TA. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did not here about this!!!! Very cool. God I hope Stro makes it, but probably won't lol

I'm sure they'll use Vancouver players too. So Big country, bibby, reef. Mike miller probably. Mighty Mouse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tony will make the squad. Lol at Dickerson or clee or person. Bonzi might be on the squad. This board truly hates tony Allen if they think Dickerson was better than him. Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, The Stro Show said:

I did not here about this!!!! Very cool. God I hope Stro makes it, but probably won't lol

I'm sure they'll use Vancouver players too. So Big country, bibby, reef. Mike miller probably. Mighty Mouse.

I totally forgot about MM33 and I don't know, Damon may be on the bubble due to his low number of games with the, not even a  season and a half really. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Tony will make the squad. Lol at Dickerson or clee or person. Bonzi might be on the squad. This board truly hates tony Allen if they think Dickerson was better than him. Lol

I was just throwing out names. Who do you think will be on the team?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Notorious O.D.K. said:

I was just throwing out names. Who do you think will be on the team?

And yet you relegated tony to fan favorite status, while Dickerson gets top billing, lol. You cant hide behind the lack of respect you have for tony who was the best sg we've had by a mile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Conley/Stoudamire/JWill

Allen/Miller/Mayo

Gay/Battier/Posey

ZBo/Pau/Swift

Marc/Lorenzen/Kosta

Though I might would drop Kosta and add Brevin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

And yet you relegated tony to fan favorite status, while Dickerson gets top billing, lol. You cant hide behind the lack of respect you have for tony who was the best sg we've had by a mile.

Do you even know who you are arguing with 99% of the time? You just throw stuff out there and try to argue with anybody over anything. I've been accused of being a TA apologist because for the past 3-4 years I've been saying that he should be the starter because he's the best option. I've said we should bring him back because he's better than what we have now. You don't pay any attention to what anyone says, you just throw everyone in the same bucket so you can argue with them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, New_Sacred_Cow said:

Conley/Stoudamire/JWill

Allen/Miller/Mayo

Gay/Battier/Posey

ZBo/Pau/Swift

Marc/Lorenzen/Kosta

Though I might would drop Kosta and add Brevin.

thanks for actually providing a list. Yeah, I forgot about Lorenzen for some reason. He would definitely be behind Marc at C.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Notorious O.D.K. said:

Do you even know who you are arguing with 99% of the time? You just throw stuff out there and try to argue with anybody over anything. I've been accused of being a TA apologist because for the past 3-4 years I've been saying that he should be the starter because he's the best option. I've said we should bring him back because he's better than what we have now. You don't pay any attention to what anyone says, you just throw everyone in the same bucket so you can argue with them.

All I know is that Dickerson, bonzi, who played 2 years here, mayo, person and clee are, in your mind, deserving of a mention as the shooting guard, while ta makes it only if they have a write in vote for fan favorite.

You can apologize all you want, which in and of itself is not calling him good or even necessary, nor does it cement his place as one of the greatest players this franchise has had.

The grizzlies would be as obscure as the memphis tams are without gng, despite your lack of respect for it and tony was the engine to make it go. Your misplaced hate aside, tony was and is as an important player to this franchise as any former or current player and is at least a top 5 player on our team all time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

All I know is that Dickerson, bonzi, who played 2 years here, mayo, person and clee are, in your mind, deserving of a mention as the shooting guard, while ta makes it only if they have a write in vote for fan favorite.

You can apologize all you want, which in and of itself is not calling him good or even necessary, nor does it cement his place as one of the greatest players this franchise has had.

The grizzlies would be as obscure as the memphis tams are without gng, despite your lack of respect for it and tony was the engine to make it go. Your misplaced hate aside, tony was and is as an important player to this franchise as any former or current player and is at least a top 5 player on our team all time.

Dude, go in the corner and argue with yourself. Ain't nobody got time for that. I didn't get past the first paragraph of that drivel and you still never answered the question. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TA is definitely makin the roster. Ima just do top ten

Conley/Williams
Miller/Mayo
Gay/Allen
Randolph/PGasol (i think Pau might make it as the starter tho)
MGasol/LWright

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So many guys who'd easily qualify if they had just lasted a couple more seasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't video game it, but i like this team of 15.    I left marc off on purpose, because he would not be needed.  I almost left rudy off too. 

 

Pg  Mike Conley, Kyle Lowry, Mario Chalmers

SG  Eddie Jones, Tony Allen

SF  Mike Miller,  Vince Carter, Shareef Abdur-Rahim, Shane Battier, Rudy Gay

PF Zach Randolph,  Pau Gasol, Maurice Speights

C Lorenzen Wright, Kosta Koufas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just discovered that Basketball Reference has an All-Time Top 12 Players list for each team... and I find it hard to argue with the one for Memphis. This is it, FWIW (Basketball Reference's, not mine).

PG Conley, Williams

SG Miller, Allen

SF Gay, Battier, SAR (I guess he has to be listed as a SF)

PF Randolph, Gasol, Swift

C Gasol, Wright

 

Not so sure about Swift, I guess that final spot depends more on personal preference than objective observation. Maybe Bibby should be in there, but he didn't stay that long. Same goes for Dickerson, you can only really consider two seasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, tmoneyinmphs said:

I don't video game it, but i like this team of 15.    I left marc off on purpose, because he would not be needed.  I almost left rudy off too. 

 

Pg  Mike Conley, Kyle Lowry, Mario Chalmers

SG  Eddie Jones, Tony Allen

SF  Mike Miller,  Vince Carter, Shareef Abdur-Rahim, Shane Battier, Rudy Gay

PF Zach Randolph,  Pau Gasol, Maurice Speights

C Lorenzen Wright, Kosta Koufas

Awwww, ole steady Eddie. I definitely forgot him. He does deserve to be at least mentioned. 

3 hours ago, Elillo said:

Just discovered that Basketball Reference has an All-Time Top 12 Players list for each team... and I find it hard to argue with the one for Memphis. This is it, FWIW (Basketball Reference's, not mine).

PG Conley, Williams

SG Miller, Allen

SF Gay, Battier, SAR (I guess he has to be listed as a SF)

PF Randolph, Gasol, Swift

C Gasol, Wright

 

Not so sure about Swift, I guess that final spot depends more on personal preference than objective observation. Maybe Bibby should be in there, but he didn't stay that long. Same goes for Dickerson, you can only really consider two seasons.

Yeah, pretty close to my list with exception of SG. I forgot about ole MM33 and Eddie jones. I would put mike as the starter and maybe EJ or TA as the backup. 

1 hour ago, guillermo said:

 

AI

sam young

QPon

cardinal

darko

I see you got jokes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Elillo said:

Just discovered that Basketball Reference has an All-Time Top 12 Players list for each team... and I find it hard to argue with the one for Memphis. This is it, FWIW (Basketball Reference's, not mine).

PG Conley, Williams

SG Miller, Allen

SF Gay, Battier, SAR (I guess he has to be listed as a SF)

PF Randolph, Gasol, Swift

C Gasol, Wright

 

Not so sure about Swift, I guess that final spot depends more on personal preference than objective observation. Maybe Bibby should be in there, but he didn't stay that long. Same goes for Dickerson, you can only really consider two seasons.

I'd exchange Kyle Lowry for Stromile Swift personally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Elillo said:

Just discovered that Basketball Reference has an All-Time Top 12 Players list for each team... and I find it hard to argue with the one for Memphis. This is it, FWIW (Basketball Reference's, not mine).

PG Conley, Williams

SG Miller, Allen

SF Gay, Battier, SAR (I guess he has to be listed as a SF)

PF Randolph, Gasol, Swift

C Gasol, Wright

 

Not so sure about Swift, I guess that final spot depends more on personal preference than objective observation. Maybe Bibby should be in there, but he didn't stay that long. Same goes for Dickerson, you can only really consider two seasons.

Wright though? Give me Kosta

edit: oh Lorenzen not Brendan duh 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Subliminal said:

Wright though? Give me Kosta

Ren still holds the team record for most rebounds in a game, I believe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Subliminal said:

Wright though? Give me Kosta

edit: oh Lorenzen not Brendan duh 

I was wondering where you where coming from. Ren played 5,6 years with the Grizz and his stats were better than Koufas who was only here 2 years. I like Kosta and hope he finds his way back to this team cause we are hurting for bigs now, but yeah, on this All Time team, I take Ren over him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wells said:

Ren still holds the team record for most rebounds in a game, I believe.

 

1 hour ago, Notorious O.D.K. said:

I was wondering where you where coming from. Ren played 5,6 years with the Grizz and his stats were better than Koufas who was only here 2 years. I like Kosta and hope he finds his way back to this team cause we are hurting for bigs now, but yeah, on this All Time team, I take Ren over him.

Please forgive my idiocy! I'm giving myself a warning point and two demerits 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Subliminal said:

Wright though? Give me Kosta

edit: oh Lorenzen not Brendan duh 

I guess it was too much work for me to post the link or write names to avoid confusion :lol: Sorry. I didn't even think of Brandan.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/MEM/

13 hours ago, chipc3 said:

I'd exchange Kyle Lowry for Stromile Swift personally.

Looking at their careers as a whole, without a doubt. Considering only Lowry's stint with Memphis, I'd go with Bibby or Mayo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now