Notorious O.D.K.

The Start of Grit N Grind

1 minute ago, Kevin B Moses said:

I was just about to post this. But you should title the thread: grit and grind was started because Rudy gay's toe hurt

LOL, just want to have  a little intrigue and have people read the entire story

Rudy has a point with his rebuttal in my opinion...not to mention, a toe may be small but it can affect performance.

I believe the story, and can certainly appreciate Rudy's response, especially since Tony's been a no show for stretches at a time.

I just don't understand this comment from Tony's story because it wasn't true:

Mind you, I hadn’t played in 22-some-odd games, and this is to let you know how in shape I was. 

20 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

I believe the story, and can certainly appreciate Rudy's response, especially since Tony's been a no show for stretches at a time.

Mind you, I hadn’t played in 22-some-odd games, and this is to let you know how in shape I was. 

I think he was going off of a faulty memory and may be a little hyperbole to make the story sound better.

2 hours ago, El Guapo said:

Rudy has a point with his rebuttal in my opinion...not to mention, a toe may be small but it can affect performance.

Toes are very important. They help with you balance and it can be painful to put your weight on it.

2 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Because you don't remember that the only reason he did play is because Hollins was forced to play him...

Say it ain't so, Tony!  Our identity, the slogan that won't die - all started as a jab?

So I guess instead of Grit n' Grind, our slogan should really be "I keeed, I keeed!"

On 8/6/2017 at 5:49 PM, MemphisX said:

Because you don't remember that the only reason he did play is because Hollins was forced to play him...

No, I guess you don't remember that you can look up to see that the OKC game was game 54, and Tony had played in 46 of them, and of those 8 missed games, he sat out 4 straight games in January for a sore knee.

54 - 46 < 22 games.  And some of those missed games were from what Tony complained about with Rudy....soreness.

He had played pretty good minutes since 12/27, except when he sat for his sore knee, and the games coming back off of injury.

hey, GV why is MC11 still playing he gets owned by 3rd stringers, he was trash against Patty and Tony as they  blew by him but you guys wanna blame Marc,who had to try and cover for everybody and for the last time what is fizzdales system?:

3 hours ago, redeye said:

hey, GV why is MC11 still playing he gets owned by 3rd stringers, he was trash against Patty and Tony as they  blew by him but you guys wanna blame Marc,who had to try and cover for everybody and for the last time what is fizzdales system?:

What games were you watching? Conley shot 48.5% from the field, 44.7% from the arc, 1.67 steals per game, 7.0 assists per game and scored 24.7 PPG. The Spurs PGs combined to score 26.2 PPG but considering they played an average of 52.4 MPG compared to Mike's 37.3 MPG it is safe to assume some of those points were scored when Mike was not on the court and some were scored when both Patty and Tony were playing together. 

Furthermore, every single game saw Mike's +/- ratio positive in comparison to the final score. That means the team outscored their opponents when Mike was on the floor when the team was winning and lost by a smaller amount when he was on the court in losses. 

When did Tony Parker ever get associated with 3rd stringers? We are talking about a player who started for 4 championship teams and was the Finals MVP once. He is a 6 time All-Star, 3 time 2nd team all-NBA player. One season he was put on the 3rd team All-NBA list so maybe that is where you get him as a 3rd stringer. Patty Mills is more of a 2nd string player but he is very effective in that role as well. 

Most importantly, it is not any one person's fault the team lost to the Spurs (outside of Chris Wallace who assembled an inferior group of players) but no one should be pointing fingers at Conley for the loss in any respect. Mike's performance kept the team in contention. 

Fizdale's system is simply spread the court on offense and shoot 3's instead of long two point shots. On defense it is to focus on cutting off passing lanes and protect the 3 point line. 

7 hours ago, chipc3 said:

What games were you watching? Conley shot 48.5% from the field, 44.7% from the arc, 1.67 steals per game, 7.0 assists per game and scored 24.7 PPG. The Spurs PGs combined to score 26.2 PPG but considering they played an average of 52.4 MPG compared to Mike's 37.3 MPG it is safe to assume some of those points were scored when Mike was not on the court and some were scored when both Patty and Tony were playing together. 

Furthermore, every single game saw Mike's +/- ratio positive in comparison to the final score. That means the team outscored their opponents when Mike was on the floor when the team was winning and lost by a smaller amount when he was on the court in losses. 

When did Tony Parker ever get associated with 3rd stringers? We are talking about a player who started for 4 championship teams and was the Finals MVP once. He is a 6 time All-Star, 3 time 2nd team all-NBA player. One season he was put on the 3rd team All-NBA list so maybe that is where you get him as a 3rd stringer. Patty Mills is more of a 2nd string player but he is very effective in that role as well. 

Most importantly, it is not any one person's fault the team lost to the Spurs (outside of Chris Wallace who assembled an inferior group of players) but no one should be pointing fingers at Conley for the loss in any respect. Mike's performance kept the team in contention. 

Fizdale's system is simply spread the court on offense and shoot 3's instead of long two point shots. On defense it is to focus on cutting off passing lanes and protect the 3 point line. 

Dang Redeye, looks like you just got owned by a 3rd stringer too! 

Haha, totally kidding Chip ;)

13 hours ago, redeye said:

??????!!!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: