Sign in to follow this  
Notorious O.D.K.

Finding Darko: Former Grizz on His Life Journey

The world is quick to label Darko Milicic an epic NBA bust, but here are 10 reasons he is an utter success.

The worst was in Memphis. Darko's wife, Zorana, who was living with him then, calls that his "crisis period."

I would love to see a kickboxing match between Darko and Tim Duncan.

Dwash    0

But Darko was hurt a lot by going to a good team.day one, while the other 4 went to bad teams that built around them and let them play their game.

He should have never been drafted that high. things probably would have been different if he were drafted later in the 1st round or the second round. He would have had more time to develop, get acclimated to the NBA game and the U.S. (although, I don't think anyone can get acclimated to a craphole like Detroit)

Dwash    0

I thought he had talent. Lottery talent. At the time he looked like he had more upside than Pau (to me). He was 7 feet + with a quick first step and a good perimeter touch. But Brown tried to make him a traditional old school center and they beefed him up and made him very slow. 

TimBC    0
1 hour ago, Dwash said:

I thought he had talent. Lottery talent. At the time he looked like he had more upside than Pau (to me). He was 7 feet + with a quick first step and a good perimeter touch. But Brown tried to make him a traditional old school center and they beefed him up and made him very slow. 

Yep. He came over a couple of years before the NBA was ready for him, and Brown may have been the worst matchup for him.