Grizzfan7979

Best Guess Opening Day Roster

4 hours ago, grizzgolf said:

Wow. He should have signed it and worked on his skills. I wonder how that will play out.

Regardless of Rabb signing with Memphis or not the team controls his NBA rights so eventually he has to come to the table. Perhaps spending a year in some minor league will allow him to show his talent and earn him more money than if he signed right now. 

21 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Regardless of Rabb signing with Memphis or not the team controls his NBA rights so eventually he has to come to the table. Perhaps spending a year in some minor league will allow him to show his talent and earn him more money than if he signed right now. 

Thats often what happens.

22 hours ago, chipc3 said:

Rabb isn't much of a scorer is he?

Tough to predict IMO

PG- Conley/ Chalmers/ Harrison

SG- Selden/ McLemore/ Daniels

SF- Parsons/ Evans/ Brooks

PF- Green/ Wright/ Martin

C- Gasol/ Davis/ Trade?

Trade or cut Baldwin and Ennis. Rade will play overseas my guess. Rabb will end up in G league

7 hours ago, grizzgolf said:

Rabb isn't much of a scorer is he?

He wasn't in the slow down offense at Cal where he was the only threat the team had. That doesn't mean he won't be in the pros where the pace is faster and he won't be the focus of defenses. 

1 hour ago, WVgrizz said:

Tough to predict IMO

C- Gasol/ Davis/ Trade?

Trade or cut Baldwin and Ennis. Rade will play overseas my guess. Rabb will end up in G league

Man, I'm trying to stay positive, but this team does not look like a winner. 

2 hours ago, WVgrizz said:

Tough to predict IMO

C- Gasol/ Davis/ Trade?

Rade has signed with the Grizzlies. He can't go and play overseas but he can play with the Hustle!

1 hour ago, Acehigh718 said:

image.png.a446f1002b4fe5ff55a72d434f67bc1b.png

1 hour ago, Acehigh718 said:

Doesnt look any worse than last years roster imo

Perhaps our roster isn't any worse than last year, but the rosters of several teams in the west are much better.

4 hours ago, Paladin said:

Perhaps our roster isn't any worse than last year, but the rosters of several teams in the west are much better.

Maybe not but several teams are also much worse.

Out of non-playoff teams, I'd say only T-Wolves are significantly better

Clippers and Jazz are way worse. Spurs take a step backward too.

Thunder, Rockets better.

If anything, to me, it looks like grizzlies are in about the same position they were if not better. Unlikely they can win a playoff series though

C  Gasol, Davis 

PF Jam, Wright, Martin

SF Parsons, Evans, Brooks, Zagorac

SG Mclemore, Selden, Baldwin

PG Conley, Chalmers, Harrison

Waived or traded: Ennis, Daniels

Not signed: Rabb

10 hours ago, Grizzfan7979 said:

Maybe not but several teams are also much worse.

Out of non-playoff teams, I'd say only T-Wolves are significantly better

Clippers and Jazz are way worse. Spurs take a step backward too.

Thunder, Rockets better.

If anything, to me, it looks like grizzlies are in about the same position they were if not better. Unlikely they can win a playoff series though

Don't forget Denver. They picked up an All-Star in Paul Millsap and didn't give up anything to acquire him.  Jokic, Millsap, Chandler, Harris and Mundiay is an impressive starting lineup and Will Barton, Juan Hernagomez, Kenneth Faried, Jameer Nelson and Darell Arthur make for a solid backline as well.  

Don't forget Denver. They picked up an All-Star in Paul Millsap and didn't give up anything to acquire him.  Jokic, Millsap, Chandler, Harris and Mundiay is an impressive starting lineup and Will Barton, Juan Hernagomez, Kenneth Faried, Jameer Nelson and Darell Arthur make for a solid backline as well.  

true, they are better too. Forgot about Millsap.

Why does talent only ever flow to the Western conference?

George, Butler, Millsap etc etc

47 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

They gave up Gallinari to get him.

Murray is the starting pg now and should break. Could end up being the best player on the team.

7 minutes ago, Dwash said:

They gave up Gallinari to get him.

True but as erratic as he was, I believe getting an All-Star who rarely has been injured is a major step up. 

And technically they were two separate transactions. The Nuggets gave up on Gallinari after he opted out of his contract and then they signed Millsap. 

Warriors, Spurs, Rockets, Thunder are head and shoulders better. Clippers, Jazz dropped some pegs and I think we could be better than both. Timberwolves remain a question mark until they prove they can make it all mesh, but I think they clearly have better overall talent. The Nuggets didn't add enough. The Kings didn't add enough. Blazers will probably be better and make a jump, they were hot the last quarter of the season.

So, I'd say 1. Warriors 2. Spurs 3. Rockets 4. Thunder 5. Blazers 6. Timberwolves 7. Grizzlies

40 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

True but as erratic as he was, I believe getting an All-Star who rarely has been injured is a major step up. 

And technically they were two separate transactions. The Nuggets gave up on Gallinari after he opted out of his contract and then they signed Millsap. 

They sign and traded him. They had to renounce Gallo in order to have the room to sign Millsap. So signing Millsap essentially ended Gallo's stay.

I like Millsap but there is some evidence that he is in decline. He is spending a lot less time playing around the rim and more time shooting jumpers.

17 minutes ago, Dwash said:

They sign and traded him. They had to renounce Gallo in order to have the room to sign Millsap. So signing Millsap essentially ended Gallo's stay.

I like Millsap but there is some evidence that he is in decline. He is spending a lot less time playing around the rim and more time shooting jumpers.

You are correct. Gallo had said he was testing free agent waters after declining the final year of his contract prior to the 3 way trade being consecrated. Denver was losing Gallo however the trade enabled them to get Millsap. 

I was mistaken to say they were completely separate deals. 

On 7/27/2017 at 6:03 PM, Allen said:

Doesnt look any worse than last years roster imo

There are two players on the whole team that we can go into the season saying we know they are going to produce. The core 2.

It's not a sure thing that Jamychal comes back. I like the Tyreke signing but am aware of the fact that he's played 65 games combined in the past two years.

Chandler Parsons wasn't healthy last year but he was the worst player in the league when he was on the court. I'm desperately hoping that he shows us something.

Everyone else has an upside production of average NBA player at best this season and a downside of below replacement level.

But as far as competitiveness goes, like Paladin and a bunch thereafter noted, it really matters less about what we did and more about what's going on around us. The west is hulking up, and our best case scenario seems to be to live up to the ~.500 team we've been the past few years.

But hey at the end of the day, maybe that doesn't matter. The Grizzlies have their pick next year, so maybe a late lottery selection after a down year in which we can focus on developing some young talent can springboard the franchise into a new era.

If even two of the Grizz youth movement guys come out of this season to looking like they'll hit as legitimate players, I guess that's a W for the year.