Michael D

JaM Ain't Going Anywhere

Michael D    0

Jamychal Green isn't going anywhere unless the Grizzlies have other plans.  No teams are offering him any deals.  The Grizzlies hold all the power in this situation.  It looks like his agent doesn't have enough pull to get any other teams to put an offer sheet out there for the Grizzlies to match.

Nerlens Noel, another big, also appears to be in a similar situation with Dallas.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nerlens-noel-isnt-loser-ongoing-free-agency-struggle-214401408.html

Starting PF is not in question.  Now backup is another topic.  I have no faith in Brandon Wright and hope the team has plans to move Mr. Glass.

Thanks for the definitive reassuring but one failed trade here, one successful trade there or a signing here and there can change teams plans in a NY second. Speaking if NY, Melo still wants to be traded. They were throwing around 4 teams trades before the Knicks cooled on trading him. If that happens, it can cause a ripple effect.

NBA FA can be a very dynamic landscape. Just because something hasn't happened yet doesn't mean anything, a domino can fall tomorrow that will change a teams plan.

Father Pat    0

With the Grizzlies signing Chalmers, they now have 15 players under contract. That does not count 2 way contracts, unsigned draft picks, or Jam. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see Jam sign with a team in China for a season.

3 hours ago, Father Pat said:

With the Grizzlies signing Chalmers, they now have 15 players under contract. That does not count 2 way contracts, unsigned draft picks, or Jam. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see Jam sign with a team in China for a season.

I wouldn't rule an overseas contract out. I mean if they offer 2x or 3x more money, why not? JaM picked a horrible agent who has done him a disservice. If I were him, I would take the biggest offer no matter where. He's not an entrenched NBA player. The Grizz gave him a chance after a couple of teams let him go. Better get what you can while you can.

I say it's 50/50 at this point that he returns.

Grizball    0

It would not be wise for Jam to take the QO and test the market next season since last season was the only year he had the opportunity to have enough playing time to play well enough to potentially earn a big contract. I think he should go for the best offer available. If MEM offers him a 6-8M per season and there is nothing else out there he should just take it. If he has no offer other than our QO, the best option for him is to go overseas.

Wells    0

Just as an alternative if JaMychal is set on moving on, Jarnell Stokes is out there. Would be perfectly happy to bring him home.

fanboyslim    0
4 hours ago, Grizball said:

It would not be wise for Jam to take the QO and test the market next season since last season was the only year he had the opportunity to have enough playing time to play well enough to potentially earn a big contract. I think he should go for the best offer available. If MEM offers him a 6-8M per season and there is nothing else out there he should just take it. If he has no offer other than our QO, the best option for him is to go overseas.

One thing to take into account is that he would need a new agent to negotiate a FIBA contract. I suspect his current agent won't be very interested in taking that route even if it's the best option for JaM.

srmjr23    0
52 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

One thing to take into account is that he would need a new agent to negotiate a FIBA contract. I suspect his current agent won't be very interested in taking that route even if it's the best option for JaM.

We need an update to your spreadsheet 

fanboyslim    0
40 minutes ago, srmjr23 said:

We need an update to your spreadsheet 

Hahaha, caught me sleeping at the wheel. I'll try to do it later today.

GF#1    0
1 minute ago, SC Grizz said:

Somewhat misleading title (as of today anyway)

My thoughts exactly.

chipc3    0
12 minutes ago, SC Grizz said:

Has JaM gotten an offer from someone or are you basing this on the Bleacher Report story? 

We're now only one year removed from head coach David Fizdale revealing, per Peter Edmiston for the Commercial Appeal, "He has kind of that Draymond Green versatility. Maybe not off the dribble yet. But from every other aspect, I like what he brings to the table."

This comment reminds me so much of Fizdale's comment about Chandler Parsons' being our team's LeBron James. Does anyone see LeBron in Chandler's game today or Draymond in JaMychal's?

It really makes you wonder what you can take seriously from Fizdale's comments. 

Dwash    0
16 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Has JaM gotten an offer from someone or are you basing this on the Bleacher Report story? 

This comment reminds me so much of Fizdale's comment about Chandler Parsons' being our team's LeBron James. Does anyone see LeBron in Chandler's game today or Draymond in JaMychal's?

It really makes you wonder what you can take seriously from Fizdale's comments. 

With Parsons he means a tall guy that can dribble and make plays. With Jamychal, a big that can defend multiple positions and hit threes. Its a horrible way of saying it, but I know what he means.

chipc3    0
56 minutes ago, Dwash said:

With Parsons he means a tall guy that can dribble and make plays. With Jamychal, a big that can defend multiple positions and hit threes. Its a horrible way of saying it, but I know what he means.

Well not everyone on the boards understands Fizdale's touch of hyperbole but I am glad you and I can distinguish the words from the reality. ;)

Michael D    0
2 hours ago, SC Grizz said:

How is it misleading? What has changed?

Does JAM even have another deal on the table? (Which the Grizzlies have the chance to match money-wise)

Michael D    0

The longer this plays out with no real offers for JAM I think the more likely he is to sign whatever he and the Grizzlies agree to as reasonable.

Michael D    0
12 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Lol at 15 million a year.

No way.  That's what the media was saying though before the summer started.

fanboyslim    0
1 hour ago, Michael D said:

No way.  That's what the media was saying though before the summer started.

I think he's laughing at those inflated expectations.

Wells    0
26 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

I think he's laughing at those inflated expectations.

No, not laughing.  More likely crying into his Wheaties.

Michael D    0

JAM's probably crying. So is his agent.

SC Grizz    0
9 hours ago, Michael D said:

How is it misleading? What has changed?

Does JAM even have another deal on the table? (Which the Grizzlies have the chance to match money-wise)

Ummmm... topic title "JAM Ain't Going Anywhere" would indicate to me that he is factually not going anywhere. That is by no means a fact as of today. 

It is just my opinion that the thread is misleading anyway. Just like it is your opinion he ain't going anywhere. When I first saw your thread I immediately thought that we had resigned him. I suspect perhaps others may have too. No offense meant... at all. 

SC Grizz    0
5 hours ago, Michael D said:

JAM's probably crying. So is his agent.

This we agree on ;)

Michael D    0
16 minutes ago, SC Grizz said:

Ummmm... topic title "JAM Ain't Going Anywhere" would indicate to me that he is factually not going anywhere. That is by no means a fact as of today. 

It is just my opinion that the thread is misleading anyway. Just like it is your opinion he ain't going anywhere. When I first saw your thread I immediately thought that we had resigned him. I suspect perhaps others may have too. No offense meant... at all. 

Yeah, the title is just based off of my opinion.  I think the majority of the threads on here are based off of opinions versus actual facts.