Michael D

JaM Ain't Going Anywhere

Michael D    0

Two years for Jamychal Green is perfect.  We don't need or want to lock him into a long term deal.  He actually should be backing up someone better skilled, but he's an alright fit.

tangogriz    0
1 hour ago, Michael D said:

Two years for Jamychal Green is perfect.  We don't need or want to lock him into a long term deal.  He actually should be backing up someone better skilled, but he's an alright fit.

Yes, I hope they get it done soon, but beginning of camp is what matters.

Two years is ok with me too. Unlike most here, I like Martin as the future 4. He's a big guy who's willing to play the tough man role, has speed and can shoot (although not consistently yet.) I think he will develop more of a head for the game. Since he is developing slowly, partly due to injury, his next contract may be good for us.

grizzgolf    0

Any word on the Jam train?   What should we expect from Martin this season? I felt like a lot of people wanted to toss the towel in on him this SL.  Is Davis our backup C? Can he be?

20 hours ago, grizzgolf said:

Any word on the Jam train?   What should we expect from Martin this season? I felt like a lot of people wanted to toss the towel in on him this SL.  Is Davis our backup C? Can he be?

I don't expect Martin to be on the team on opening night and you could even add Wright to that list as well.

Davis had a lackluster Summer League but I hope that is because it doesn't suite his game and style of play.

tangogriz    0
1 hour ago, New_Sacred_Cow said:

I don't expect Martin to be on the team on opening night and you could even add Wright to that list as well.

Davis had a lackluster Summer League but I hope that is because it doesn't suite his game and style of play.

How many big guys do we need?

cdp    0

With Vince Hunter locked into the 17th spot Martin might just be done for. Same could be said with Baldwin n Simmons. Im thinkin they make a trade to clear some room.

TimBC    0
On 9/7/2017 at 6:22 AM, Michael D said:

And it's fair to him, because if he does make the step up he can grab a fat contract while still young.  

tangogriz    0

With so many waving goodbye to Martin and with Zbo gone, who is the tough guy on this roster? Don't we need one?

On 9/14/2017 at 5:15 PM, tangogriz said:

With so many waving goodbye to Martin and with Zbo gone, who is the tough guy on this roster? Don't we need one?

When was Martin a tough guy?

Michael D    0
1 minute ago, smit-tay griz said:

:lol::lol::D

guillermo    0
On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 6:15 PM, tangogriz said:

Conley and Chancun

tangogriz    0
3 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

In the summer league I thought I saw a guy willing to play that role. Maybe I'm wrong, but he's got the size and strength and is motivated to keep his job. Our other bigs are bean poles compared  to Martin. I'm seriously asking the question. In this modern era, does an NBA team still need a tough guy every now and then?

9 hours ago, tangogriz said:

In the summer league I thought I saw a guy willing to play that role. Maybe I'm wrong, but he's got the size and strength and is motivated to keep his job. Our other bigs are bean poles compared  to Martin. I'm seriously asking the question. In this modern era, does an NBA team still need a tough guy every now and then?

I don't know about Martin, but every team needs tough players.  It's just a question of how tough the referees will let you be.

fanboyslim    0
1 minute ago, smit-tay griz said:

Thanks.  We open the season against TA and the Pels?  That seems like a bad omen.

Well, it's a season opener. That's usually a bad omen anyway.

5 minutes ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

coneley/ennis/parson/wright/gasol

Exactly. Wright is terrible next to marc, and his knees would be done in 10 games if he had to play (OUR type of power forward game).

Conley, Ben, Parsons, Jam and gasol. 

1 hour ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Exactly. Wright is terrible next to marc, and his knees would be done in 10 games if he had to play (OUR type of power forward game).

Conley, Ben, Parsons, Jam and gasol. 

Problem is that ain't gonna happen for the first month at least, and when Ben returns hopefully Chancun won't be broken down....