Michael D

JaM Ain't Going Anywhere

56 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

They picked the lock!!:o

Subliminal is gonna flip! I don't know how many demerits one poster can get, but this can't be good. 

While yall cracking jokes and stuff. ....I got some breaking news JaM just signed with  [thread locked by Subliminal]

6 hours ago, Notorious O.D.K. said:

While yall cracking jokes and stuff. ....I got some breaking news JaM just signed with  [thread locked by Subliminal]

Ha ha ha.....best post I've seen in a while. 

Speights n Afflalo to Orlando, Crabbe to the Nets. Jam runnin out of options outside of us.

One possible option is Chicago if they don't re-sign Mirotic (their own RFA) or if they use Jimmy Butler's TPE, but I don't think that's likely.

I wouldnt be suprised to see JAM take a cheap deal in Boston or somewhere that he can play just to screw Memphis.

14 minutes ago, Dwash said:

I wouldnt be suprised to see JAM take a cheap deal in Boston or somewhere that he can play just to screw Memphis.

Ridiculous baseless BS

13 minutes ago, srmjr23 said:

Ridiculous baseless BS

Yeah you are right no player in sports history has ever signed somewhere else for less because they felt disrespected by their previous employer. Never happens.

49 minutes ago, Dwash said:

20 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Yeah you are right no player in sports history has ever signed somewhere else for less because they felt disrespected by their previous employer. Never happens.

If he took a cheap deal elsewhere, we just match it and he plays here, so he can't screw Memphis.

On 7/24/2017 at 8:35 PM, Notorious O.D.K. said:

Alright ---> that was funny. Thread unlocked!

3 hours ago, Wells said:

If he took a cheap deal elsewhere, we just match it and he plays here, so he can't screw Memphis.

People in Memphis don't get this.

3 hours ago, Wells said:

6 minutes ago, Jetfixer said:

People in Memphis don't get this.

That's if he stays in the NBA.

I would not rule out him getting a deal overseas. Obviously, he's a restricted FA. The Grizz did this one right and dared him to bring back an offer and they would match but he has an idiot for an agent who tried to bluff and negotiate a deal through the media. He needs to fire that guy first. I would just hold steadfast and not offer him anything until someone else comes around, Otherwise, the QO is all we pay. He ain't getting paid next year either. 

I still wouldn't rule out an overseas stint for him.

1 hour ago, Notorious O.D.K. said:

That's if he stays in the NBA.

I would not rule out him getting a deal overseas. Obviously, he's a restricted FA. The Grizz did this one right and dared him to bring back an offer and they would match but he has an idiot for an agent who tried to bluff and negotiate a deal through the media. He needs to fire that guy first. I would just hold steadfast and not offer him anything until someone else comes around, Otherwise, the QO is all we pay. He ain't getting paid next year either. 

I still wouldn't rule out an overseas stint for him.

I agree with all of this, but I also believe that a few smooth words from Wallace and a little bump to the QO could quickly put an end to this.

4 hours ago, Wells said:

Yeah I forgot about the RFA thing. In that case he could either take the QO or go overseas instead of just taking what Memphis wants him to take.

12 hours ago, Dwash said:

Yeah I forgot about the RFA thing. In that case he could either take the QO or go overseas instead of just taking what Memphis wants him to take.

Even if he goes overseas, we retain his NBA rights, so long as the Grizzlies maintain the Qualifying Offer.  The only way the Grizzlies would lose his NBA rights would be if JaM took a full year off from any professional basketball play.  No overseas play, a complete year receiving no pay to play anywhere.  There are a few players that could pull that off and come back to a good contract, but JaMychal isn't one of them. If he wants to play in the NBA for the next few years, he and the Grizzlies FO have to come to some agreement.

I seriously doubt JaM goes overseas.  Nobody (except Nick Calathes) actually wants to go overseas to play.

The Grizzlies are going to win this one because they hold the upper hand.  JaM will probably be in the market for a new, more experienced agent with better contacts within the league after signing his contract.

It's pretty much a done deal, that's why I titled the thread "JaM Ain't Going Anywhere".

"Free agents will get squeezed," a general manager said.

"What I see all the time is players not understanding why, 'This player got this, but I get that?' They want it to make sense and it just doesn't make sense. I think you'll see a lot of agents get fired.

This is why JaM's signing is taking so long.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20143724/nba-nuclear-winter-forecasted-free-agents-summer-2018

I thought they paid more than what they do in China. Jimmer just signed a deal there to play another season for 1.8 mil, and he was his leagues MVP. Three years ago Marbury was getting 2 mil and making another 2 mil in endorsements there. I now doubt that Jam would go there, unless if he's able to still sign his QO after their season ends in February.

2 hours ago, Father Pat said:

I thought they paid more than what they do in China. Jimmer just signed a deal there to play another season for 1.8 mil, and he was his leagues MVP. Three years ago Marbury was getting 2 mil and making another 2 mil in endorsements there. I now doubt that Jam would go there, unless if he's able to still sign his QO after their season ends in February.

China is a backwater league. US players only go there for marketing reasons (sponsorship and ad deals). Top leagues in Europe could pay salaries close to MLE levels (equivalent to $6M) before this season's spike while getting lots of expenses covered by the team. But JaM doesn't strike me as a player likely to take the leap, and again, he would need another agent that's registered with FIBA.

Fanboyslim will go down as the most proficient NBA finance analysist the boards have ever seen