Michael D

JaM Ain't Going Anywhere

He should fire his agent and start negotiating his contract before he winds up playing in China or Turkey.

This situation just baffles me.

This is probably the only time he will get a "big" contract. I'm sure he could get a 3+1 deal with the Grizzlies for 32 million done quickly but sounds like his agent really bought into the media hype of 15 million per from someone. All the RFA's are getting far less this off season.

I agree that Jam needs to fire his agent ASAP.

3 hours ago, Grizzfan7979 said:

Seriously. All the money is pretty much gone for free agents. There aren't any dominoes left to fall Jamychal.

If Melo moves, he'll need to be replaced ... 

I should know but I don't: when's the next milestone by which deals have to be finalized?

It's really not that weird of a situation besides the fact that Jamychal's agent went off firing shots in the media. The restricted free agency climate sucks for players right now. We've been conditioned by last year's market with guys like Allen Crabbe and Tyler Johnson getting crazy offers from Brooklyn.

This year is just closer to what we saw in seasons before the cap ballooned. Eric Bledsoe and Greg Monroe come to mind. One of those dudes ended up getting a big deal at the end of the day and the other signed the QO, but both sat on the RFA market for well-over a month before coming to resolution.

Bledsoe: http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/11583579/eric-bledsoe-phoenix-suns-agree-five-year-contract

Monroe: https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/8/12/5944785/greg-monroe-pistons-qualifying-offer-nba

17 minutes ago, TimBC said:

If Melo moves, he'll need to be replaced ... 

I should know but I don't: when's the next milestone by which deals have to be finalized?

I guess. Not sure the knicks are looking to sign a borderline starter quality 4 with big free agent money. Surely they want their cap space available for next summer

On 7/20/2017 at 10:42 AM, Dwash said:

With Parsons he means a tall guy that can dribble and make plays. With Jamychal, a big that can defend multiple positions and hit threes. Its a horrible way of saying it, but I know what he means.

On 7/20/2017 at 0:15 PM, chipc3 said:

Well not everyone on the boards understands Fizdale's touch of hyperbole but I am glad you and I can distinguish the words from the reality. ;)

No longer being in the area, I am not familiar with Fizdale's use of hyperbole.  All I will say is, if he uses hyperbole in basketball terms, he picked the right city to coach in.  

My guess is this plays out with Jam doing a 1-year deal.  His best shot at getting bigger money is to stay in the NBA, so him signing a deal overseas is unrealistic in my mind.  He'd be betting on himself, but the money just isn't out there this year for him to get a good deal as an RFA.

On 7/21/2017 at 0:20 PM, Acehigh718 said:

It's really not that weird of a situation besides the fact that Jamychal's agent went off firing shots in the media. The restricted free agency climate sucks for players right now. We've been conditioned by last year's market with guys like Allen Crabbe and Tyler Johnson getting crazy offers from Brooklyn.

This year is just closer to what we saw in seasons before the cap ballooned. Eric Bledsoe and Greg Monroe come to mind. One of those dudes ended up getting a big deal at the end of the day and the other signed the QO, but both sat on the RFA market for well-over a month before coming to resolution.

Bledsoe: http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/11583579/eric-bledsoe-phoenix-suns-agree-five-year-contract

Monroe: https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/8/12/5944785/greg-monroe-pistons-qualifying-offer-nba

Its exactly what I said last year when folks kept telling me this is the new NBA and how the money is going to be spent. It was going to level itself back out once all of the caproom went away.

2 hours ago, Subliminal said:

Thread locked for false premise. Get it together guys

Whoa...pump the brakes there-----

-----> Credentials?

---Impersonating a mod is a one way ticket to poof-be-goneville ☠️☠️☠️

6 hours ago, El Guapo said:

Whoa...pump the brakes there-----

-----> Credentials?

---Impersonating a mod is a one way ticket to poof-be-goneville ☠️☠️☠️

Hahaha

47 minutes ago, Subliminal said:

Hahaha

Wasn't funny before, still isn't. Let's hear your basketball ideas. 

J.M.A is just a good role player hell in the play-off the grizzlies had to go with a 35 year z-bo 

7 hours ago, TimBC said:

Wasn't funny before, still isn't. Let's hear your basketball ideas. 

Losen up man. Someone thought it was funny so boo you

On 7/23/2017 at 7:20 PM, Subliminal said:

Thread locked for false premise. Get it together guys

What, we still have mods here??

2 hours ago, Iron Mike said:

What, we still have mods here??

1 hour ago, New_Sacred_Cow said:

Yessir!

And thankfully too! Some recent threads were beyond a level of bad taste. Thanks for supervising us NSC. 

someone locked this thread? why?

if anything that thread about conley's baby should have been shut down.  that was in poor taste.

1 hour ago, Michael D said:

someone locked this thread? why?

if anything that thread about conley's baby should have been shut down.  that was in poor taste.

You do understand that if the thread was locked that people could no longer post in it right?

The thread was never locked, just one person joking. Said person is not a mod.