Sign in to follow this  
Thomas

Mario Chalmers returns

chipc3    0
15 minutes ago, SC Grizz said:

At what point does someone realize that just about any educated person could be making more well-informed decisions than the CW-led scouting department?

As someone else said, how many times are we going to draft guys who are injured? It is one thing if they are injured after we draft them, but drafting currently injured player OR signing them to massive contracts is inexcusable particularly for a franchise that has our track record of making this same mistake time and again.  

Rabb was injured after the draft. At this point there is no reason to assume his injury was a pre-existing condition. 

chipc3    0
9 hours ago, MemphisX said:

Chris Wallace is a freaking joke.

And Pera just resigned him last summer for 5 more years. I wonder if Pera's even aware of how upset fans are with Wallace's administration. 

Ndq0327    0
5 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Rabb was injured after the draft. At this point there is no reason to assume his injury was a pre-existing condition. 

Actually Rabb was injured before the draft he was interviewed and he talked about how his ankle injury kept him out of several workouts. The fact that he is still being held out because of an ankle injury leads me to believe that it was the same injury prior to the draft.

No I don't think Pera has any clue how frustrated the fans are about Wallace

Wallace has had some very questionable moves in the past couple years, especially with dumping Troy Williams and signing Parsons but Conley wanted him specifically and was ready to bail if the team didn't make a major move. I will say Wallace has done a decent job so far this offseason for what he had to work with (which wasn't much). Plus if Jam takes the QO, that gives the team even more flexibility.

I'm surprised he actually seems to have pulled the trigger on ending GNG and letting it go full Fizzball. It had to end sometime.

Rabb is a 2nd round player and if the rumor is true, I'm a bit sour on him just expecting to have a guaranteed spot/contract. Take your opportunity and earn it.

Rio is a low risk move to see what he has left. Mario will be heavily motivated to show that he can still play in this league after major injury. Same can be said about Tyreke's 1 year deal. All Rio has to do is get guys the ball in the right spot and hit open jumpers.

King Dork    0

So wait, they sign a guy who was good for us before he got hurt to a deal that won't hurt the team in anyway if he still plays like he's hurt and this is still an idiotic move?? How?

chipc3    0
14 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

Actually Rabb was injured before the draft he was interviewed and he talked about how his ankle injury kept him out of several workouts. The fact that he is still being held out because of an ankle injury leads me to believe that it was the same injury prior to the draft.

No I don't think Pera has any clue how frustrated the fans are about Wallace

Wow. I didn't realize Rabb hurt his ankle before the draft. Wallace probably wasn't aware either which leads to even more questions about his administration. 

Ndq0327    0
2 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Wow. I didn't realize Rabb hurt his ankle before the draft. Wallace probably wasn't aware either which leads to even more questions about his administration. 

Aw hell nah Chip if I knew Wallace had to know I believe it was a draft express interview and those are before the draft.

chipc3    0
1 minute ago, Ndq0327 said:

Aw hell nah Chip if I knew Wallace had to know I believe it was a draft express interview and those are before the draft.

You are assuming Wallace did research on the player prior to drafting him. I am not making that assumption. Wallace liked Rabb because he was highly rated coming out of High School and he felt he was getting a bargain based solely on that assumption. I sincerely doubt Wallace looked into anything about Rabb over the month before the draft. 

Of course, I am very low on my opinion of Wallace and his administration right now so that is probably clouding my view of this situation.

The problem I have right now is I remember Pete Pranica saying on a summer league broadcast that Rabb had been working out with the team. Was he deliberately misleading the fans by saying that, just doing what the FO told him or is this all just BS I was told (I have to be honest and keep that as an option).  

Dwash    0
24 minutes ago, King Dork said:

So wait, they sign a guy who was good for us before he got hurt to a deal that won't hurt the team in anyway if he still plays like he's hurt and this is still an idiotic move?? How?

Cause we all know how this works, whether he sucks or not they will find a way to play him and probably cut someone for him.

MemphisX    0
10 hours ago, Thomas said:

Is this ******* real? I don't understand how a team can **** it up so perfectly in the exact same way over and over like this.

Really? The same guy is in charge.

lsugrizzfan    0

I hope that partial guarantee on Mario is extremely low. Who was the last player to come back from an Achilles tear and resemble their former self? I can't think of one. Dominique is the only guy who was really good after the tear. Even he wasn't the same. Kobe put up decent scoring numbers but his efficiency was awful. Wesley Matthews never shot below 41% from the field or 38% from 3 pt prior to his injury (THOSE WERE HIS CAREER LOWS. HE WAS USUALLY BETTER THAN THAT). The two years since he has been 39% from the field and 36% from 3 pt. So someone please tell me a player who has come back close to the player he once was following an achilles injury.

Now take Mario specifically. Prior to his injury his ceiling was quality back up pg. He is 31 years old, not exactly the age of best recovery but not ancient either. So if he comes back be as well as Dominique did, he becomes average backup pg. If he is like everyone else with an achilles tear, he is trash. I never understood this board's obsession with bringing him back.

King Dork    0
11 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Cause we all know how this works, whether he sucks or not they will find a way to play him and probably cut someone for him.

And who exactly that they may cut is worth not cutting? Harrison is hot garbage and Baldwin isn't a PG. so why exactly should they be exempt from getting cut?

Ndq0327    0

He got hurt two weeks prior to this workout now if I'm to believe Wallace just blindly drafted him because of his credentials then he needs to be fired I'm so tired of the Wallace BS and it needs to addressed. Like I said if l knew he was hurt before the draft there ain't no way no one in the Grizz war room didn't know

Ndq0327    0
29 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

You are assuming Wallace did research on the player prior to drafting him. I am not making that assumption. Wallace liked Rabb because he was highly rated coming out of High School and he felt he was getting a bargain based solely on that assumption. I sincerely doubt Wallace looked into anything about Rabb over the month before the draft. 

Of course, I am very low on my opinion of Wallace and his administration right now so that is probably clouding my view of this situation.

The problem I have right now is I remember Pete Pranica saying on a summer league broadcast that Rabb had been working out with the team. Was he deliberately misleading the fans by saying that, just doing what the FO told him or is this all just BS I was told (I have to be honest and keep that as an option).  

On the official Grizz Twitter account the stated Rabb would be out for the 3rd or maybe 4th summer league game then a few minutes later tweeted a video of him throwing a lob off the back board and dunking. All of this is completely unnecessary this team is handled so poorly when it comes to communication and front office decisions.

And I listened to a lot of the gms speak during there segments at the SL games and none of them were like Wallace they answered questions directly and gave insight on what their vision was and were straightforward with their replies to questions. I do not understand how Wallace has his job still

Thomas    0
43 minutes ago, MemphisX said:

Really? The same guy is in charge.

By team I meant Wallace. It's a manic disorder he's got.

1 hour ago, New_Sacred_Cow said:

Wallace has had some very questionable moves in the past couple years, especially with dumping Troy Williams and signing Parsons but Conley wanted him specifically and was ready to bail if the team didn't make a major move. I will say Wallace has done a decent job so far this offseason for what he had to work with (which wasn't much). Plus if Jam takes the QO, that gives the team even more flexibility.

I'm surprised he actually seems to have pulled the trigger on ending GNG and letting it go full Fizzball. It had to end sometime.

Rabb is a 2nd round player and if the rumor is true, I'm a bit sour on him just expecting to have a guaranteed spot/contract. Take your opportunity and earn it.

Rio is a low risk move to see what he has left. Mario will be heavily motivated to show that he can still play in this league after major injury. Same can be said about Tyreke's 1 year deal. All Rio has to do is get guys the ball in the right spot and hit open jumpers.

Not to be negative, but you mentioned he had a good off-season due to he had so little to work with, well, he's the reason he had so little to work with. Hard for me to give him credit when he's causing his own pain.

1 hour ago, chipc3 said:

Wallace has been blowing smoke up people's butts for years. He repeatedly tells us how these second round picks where slated as first round picks (most recently Rabb and Davis). He seems to have some infatuation with picking up injured players hoping he can get them on a value deal (although he gave Parsons the max). He seems to have some infatuation with picking guys who were rated high in hs even if they haven't shown anything since then (Davis, BennyMac)

I really can't believe anything he says now and I have a hard time believing that other NBA GMs actually respect him.

Dwash    0
47 minutes ago, King Dork said:

And who exactly that they may cut is worth not cutting? Harrison is hot garbage and Baldwin isn't a PG. so why exactly should they be exempt from getting cut?

Cause Chalmers is a waste of time he isnt coming back from that. I dont like Harrison or Baldwin but would honestly rather see what they have.

chipc3    0
3 minutes ago, Notorious O.D.K. said:

Wallace has been blowing smoke up people's butts for years. He repeatedly tells us how these second round picks where slated as first round picks (most recently Rabb and Davis). He seems to have some infatuation with picking up injured players hoping he can get them on a value deal (although he gave Parsons the max). He seems to have some infatuation with picking guys who were rated high in hs even if they haven't shown anything since then (Davis, BennyMac)

I really can't believe anything he says now and I have a hard time believing that other NBA GMs actually respect him.

You left off Harrison and Rabb on that list who were highly rated coming out of high school. It's as if his draft work book begins and ends at this spot

bhoyal    0

Harrison is 6-6.  Why could he not play some minutes at the two while Chalmers gives Conley breathers?

Is 6-6 not an ideal size for a 2-guard in this era of hoops?

Ndq0327    0
1 hour ago, New_Sacred_Cow said:

Most people are forgetting that Batum was the player Conley wanted but Charlotte quickly signed him Parsons may have been the second option but I doubt had they done their homework on his knee Mike would have still been in favor

Ndq0327    0
19 minutes ago, bhoyal said:

Harrison is 6-6.  Why could he not play some minutes at the two while Chalmers gives Conley breathers?

Is 6-6 not an ideal size for a 2-guard in this era of hoops?

Well cause you gave Seldon who is probably better but he could always play the 3 but then where does Ennis fit maybe small ball 4. So it would be 

Harrison 

Tyreke

Seldon

Ennis

Athletic big

SC Grizz    0
2 hours ago, chipc3 said:

Wallace probably wasn't aware either which leads to even more questions about his administration. 

Exactly...

Gradey    0

Even if JG resigns this team has a SERIOUS lack of bigs.  Seriously we are counting on Brandon the cripple Wright to play significant minutes? 

Grizball    0

The saddest thing about this team is not the lack of talent but much rather it's the incompetence of our FO specifically Chris Wallace. Even if your team is lottery bound you still have hope if your FO is competent but sadly this is not the case in Memphis. I don't have high hopes as long as Wallace is in charge and I don't see Pera firing Wallace any time soon. The only way out IMO is for Pera to sell the team to a new owner who would bring new management to the FO. I read an article about the sale of the Houston Rockets and the possibility of other teams like MEM may follow suit. I think it is interesting and personally I could see that happen because Pera has never been engaged in this team like most other owners do and after all he bought this team at a bargain and now NBA teams are worth much much more. He is a businessman and sure this is just a business to him.