The Truth is OUT

Hello, Dillon Brooks!

@Peter Edmiston: Delving into some of the Synergy numbers on Dillon Brooks - this stood out: in spot-up situations, when he takes the jumper, he scores just 18% of the time (10th worst in the NBA) When he drives, he scores 71% of the time, best in the NBA.

4 hours ago, The Stro Show said:

@Peter Edmiston: Delving into some of the Synergy numbers on Dillon Brooks - this stood out: in spot-up situations, when he takes the jumper, he scores just 18% of the time (10th worst in the NBA) When he drives, he scores 71% of the time, best in the NBA.

And what’s funny is he has been a good shooter in his career in college. 

Those shots look like they are going in half the time. I️ expect them to fall sooner or later

1 hour ago, Memphis Maverick said:

And what’s funny is he has been a good shooter in his career in college. 

Those shots look like they are going in half the time. I️ expect them to fall sooner or later

Yeah, I'm not concerned. His mechanics are good and he's not taking many ill advised shots. Plus he's shooting 27% from three (it's bad, but TA bad, not Andrew Harrison bad) so focusing only on his spot up percentages is a bit misleading.

The black and white nature of opinions on this board is the most frustrating aspect for me.

Dillon Brooks is an example. With such a small sample size, the overall opinion of him is that he'll be a good shooter evetually.

Parsons is another. With a small sample size of last year when his bid to come back from an injury ended in a career ending injury, and his performances that lead up to it, this alone makes him a perpetual disappointment and fools gold. (You're not going to get my hopes up again).

When chalmers the year before last came in like gang busters, the board decided that Rio was teflon and nothing, not an injury, age or performace would change opinions of him. He was our backup point guard and that was that.

Tyreke is another. Tyreke has played well, but he has flaws. The point is that the board is already deciding his fate as a grizzly that he is some superstar that we can use to replace all our other players. Just give it to reke and get outta his way. Two things: the pelicans saw this version of reke, and they still decided that they would rather sign a washed up tony allen for almost the same amount that reke got. Second point, reke is playing for a contract. That is his overall goal. And being that he has been known to be a low iq ball hog in the past, i would assume stats, to him, come before winning. Winning is second. He wants to get that 50 million dollar 4 year deal, and his 3.3 million salary this year is a means to that end.

16 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

The black and white nature of opinions on this board is the most frustrating aspect for me.

Dillon Brooks is an example. With such a small sample size, the overall opinion of him is that he'll be a good shooter evetually.

Parsons is another. With a small sample size of last year when his bid to come back from an injury ended in a career ending injury, and his performances that lead up to it, this alone makes him a perpetual disappointment and fools gold. (You're not going to get my hopes up again).

When chalmers the year before last came in like gang busters, the board decided that Rio was teflon and nothing, not an injury, age or performace would change opinions of him. He was our backup point guard and that was that.

Tyreke is another. Tyreke has played well, but he has flaws. The point is that the board is already deciding his fate as a grizzly that he is some superstar that we can use to replace all our other players. Just give it to reke and get outta his way. Two things: the pelicans saw this version of reke, and they still decided that they would rather sign a washed up tony allen for almost the same amount that reke got. Second point, reke is playing for a contract. That is his overall goal. And being that he has been known to be a low iq ball hog in the past, i would assume stats, to him, come before winning. Winning is second. He wants to get that 50 million dollar 4 year deal, and his 3.3 million salary this year is a means to that end.

Actually, the sample size for Dillon brooks is quite extensive. In three seasons at Oregon he was shooting 33% as a freshman. By the time his junior year came around he was shooting 40% with 4 attempts a game. 

There is quite a difference between Reke and Chalmers compared to Brooks.

he is a good shooter. Those shots will fall. 

12 hours ago, The Stro Show said:

Just saw an article noting that Ben Simmons is similar, but it didn't give numbers. Do you have them for him?

I also like that Dillon is another example of Fiz and his staff showing they are actually fully invested in player development.   He is a second round pick that is top 4 in mpg.  His development is a testament to Dillon's own hardwork and Fiz faith in him. 

9 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I also like that Dillon is another example of Fiz and his staff showing they are actually fully invested in player development.   He is a second round pick that is top 4 in mpg.  His development is a testament to Dillon's own hardwork and Fiz faith in him. 

And his excellent practices.

13 minutes ago, Dwash said:

And his excellent practices.

As fortold in the prophecy