Sign in to follow this  
Notorious O.D.K.

Silver Speaks on Conf Realignment

Adam Silver: Conference alignment, playoff seeding on hold, for now

I don't much care about conference realignment because there's no guarantee that the Grizz will make it to the East and furthermore, the majority of teams out East are boring and lack star power. We're over here with the big boys.I would like to see the NBA go to a 16 team playoff format with seeding 1-16 as opposed to 2 conferences of 8. Actualy, I'd like to see the top 14 teams make it. I don't understand how over 50% of the league gets to participate/gets rewarded.

He also talked about re-evaluating age requirement

15 minutes ago, Notorious O.D.K. said:

.I would like to see the NBA go to a 16 team playoff format with seeding 1-16 as opposed to 2 conferences of 8. Actualy, I'd like to see the top 14 teams make it. I don't understand how over 50% of the league gets to participate/gets rewarded.

Different sports and tournaments, but I like how the NFL and a number of college BB conferences have a bye for the higher(-est) seed(s).

I personally prefer conference alignment as I enjoy rivalries (Pistons/Bulls, Knicks/Heat, Griz/Spurs, etc...).

cdp    0

NHL has 16 teams make it too n their playoffs are nothin to sneeze at. Mind you they've got a terrible format goin on right now too, it's not a set seed 1-8 it's division teams facin eachother in the first round, but still.

Yeah, he mentioned reseeding as well. I just don't like that more than half the teams make postseason. Also, it's a shame when teams with losing records make it in one conference but teams with winning records miss out in the other one.

Subliminal    0
5 hours ago, Notorious O.D.K. said:

Yeah, he mentioned reseeding as well. I just don't like that more than half the teams make postseason. Also, it's a shame when teams with losing records make it in one conference but teams with winning records miss out in the other one.

You could argue the reason why they had worse records was because they were playing in the stronger conference. That wouldn't explain all the Grizz losses to the east over the years though 😅

5 hours ago, Subliminal said:

You could argue the reason why they had worse records was because they were playing in the stronger conference. That wouldn't explain all the Grizz losses to the east over the years though 😅

I guess you could try to make that argument but it's typically teams in the East with losing records that make the playoffs. I don't remember the last time a team with a losing record from the West made the playoffs. It's happened like 5 times in the past 10 years in the East (at a quick glance) and if I remember correctly it happened even more frequently before that. 

GF#1    0
11 hours ago, Notorious O.D.K. said:

It's unfortunate and I agree, but it's basically the same concept as an NFL division winner getting in at 8-8 over a 10-6 non division winner. Happens all the time unfortunately.

chipc3    0
12 hours ago, Notorious O.D.K. said:

49 minutes ago, GF#1 said:

It's unfortunate and I agree, but it's basically the same concept as an NFL division winner getting in at 8-8 over a 10-6 non division winner. Happens all the time unfortunately.

Wait a minute. You mean the world isn't fair? That's not right. I blame Trump. The world was fairer under Obama. ;)

2 hours ago, chipc3 said:

Wait a minute. You mean the world isn't fair? That's not right. I blame Trump. The world was fairer under Obama. ;)

Wrong!!

It is all Obama's fault. Trump is here to undo what Obama did and make the NBA great again!