Sign in to follow this  
memgrizzlies321

Ben McLemore's Emotional Reaction To Hearing Grizz Signed Him

Honestly the fact he has to wear a sweatshirt indoors to sweat is concerning and just confirms his laziness. 

15 minutes ago, Memfizz said:

Honestly the fact he has to wear a sweatshirt indoors to sweat is concerning and just confirms his laziness. 

I might expect to see Subliminal post something like this for humor.

19 hours ago, srmjr23 said:

So he shouldn't stop his workout in anticipation of being signed by an NBA team? I don't even know why I'm responding.

Why should he? It's not like he had to go sign then or even could go sign then. I wasn't made about to stopping to take the call. Conduct your business. Then get back to work. Don't go celebrate when every metric shows you have not lived up to your potential. Go put the work in and next time you won't have to sweat whether or not a team will sign you. 

1 hour ago, lsugrizzfan said:

Why should he? It's not like he had to go sign then or even could go sign then. I wasn't made about to stopping to take the call. Conduct your business. Then get back to work. Don't go celebrate when every metric shows you have not lived up to your potential. Go put the work in and next time you won't have to sweat whether or not a team will sign you. 

I'd love to know how you know he didn't finish his workout.  5:33 of the video "lemme finish in this gym, lemme finish doin what i gotta do". Clearly he finishes his workout first. Just cuz the vid didn't show it doesn't mean it didn't happen jeez

8 hours ago, Iron Mike said:

Not surprised by the reactions. We could sign Lebron and still have people nitpicking 

That's not true and you know it. Comments like this are common place on this board. People legitimately openly question the signing or trade acquisition of someone who has not even come close to his potential-who most if league views as a scrub and people try to compare him to one of if not the best player in the game. That's ridiculous. Many Sacramento blogs and beat writers have had more questions about McLemore's game than what have been posted in this thread and they have said a lot of not so nice things about his game.

I also find it hilarious that we should just be happy and accept a guy who hasn't done anything in his career but it's okay to trash Tyreke when he's done much more makes no sense to me. I'm fine with both signings because I realize realistically those were the only type of players that we could get with our available money but this video does nothing to give me hope that McLemore will change and up his game here. For all we know, that could have been staged 

7 hours ago, cdp said:

I'd love to know how you know he didn't finish his workout.  5:33 of the video "lemme finish in this gym, lemme finish doin what i gotta do". Clearly he finishes his workout first. Just cuz the vid didn't show it doesn't mean it didn't happen jeez

I guess you're right. There is no way for me to truly know. But it does show him walk out from the back area where he was taking the phone call, and the guy running the workout tells him to shower and go party. From there he takes another phone call before he begins packing up his stuff. Pretty strong clues he was just going home. Given that he's been a bust up to this point in his career and that Sacramento had no desire to retain him, I imagine I'm not going too far out on a limb when I say his work ethic is not what it should be. 

1 hour ago, lsugrizzfan said:

I guess you're right. There is no way for me to truly know. But it does show him walk out from the back area where he was taking the phone call, and the guy running the workout tells him to shower and go party. From there he takes another phone call before he begins packing up his stuff. Pretty strong clues he was just going home. Given that he's been a bust up to this point in his career and that Sacramento had no desire to retain him, I imagine I'm not going too far out on a limb when I say his work ethic is not what it should be. 

Actually, his work ethic is exactly what people like about him. He's well known to have a very strong work ethic. But I'm sure your knee jerk reaction to a 10 minute video is probably right.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2299645-ben-mclemore-showing-signs-of-major-progress-after-rough-rookie-season

https://www.sactownroyalty.com/2016/9/6/12814832/sacramento-kings-ben-mclemore-season-preview

"t seems likely that McLemore will still be on the team by opening night given how little interest he seems to have generated on the trade market. Dave Joerger has raved about his work ethic in multiple interviews, something we’ve heard about before. But work ethic hasn’t been McLemore’s problem in the NBA, it’s been his consistency and confidence"

"But he's not yet satisfied. McLemore is known for his work ethic. General manager Pete D'Alessandro talked about McLemore's diligence at the end of last season, providing reason for optimism after a rough rookie year.

"I’ve said this from the beginning of the year, the guy works like no other young guy works," said D'Alessandro, per Bryan Rose of Fansided.com. "He and Ray [McCallum] together, I really give them a lot of credit for their work ethic. If you have talent, athleticism, and that work ethic – which he does – I think it’s a recipe for success."

19 hours ago, Notorious O.D.K. said:

That's not true and you know it. Comments like this are common place on this board. People legitimately openly question the signing or trade acquisition of someone who has not even come close to his potential-who most if league views as a scrub and people try to compare him to one of if not the best player in the game. That's ridiculous. Many Sacramento blogs and beat writers have had more questions about McLemore's game than what have been posted in this thread and they have said a lot of not so nice things about his game.

I also find it hilarious that we should just be happy and accept a guy who hasn't done anything in his career but it's okay to trash Tyreke when he's done much more makes no sense to me. I'm fine with both signings because I realize realistically those were the only type of players that we could get with our available money but this video does nothing to give me hope that McLemore will change and up his game here. For all we know, that could have been staged 

Meh, you're underestimating this board. lol

18 hours ago, srmjr23 said:

Actually, his work ethic is exactly what people like about him. He's well known to have a very strong work ethic. But I'm sure your knee jerk reaction to a 10 minute video is probably right.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2299645-ben-mclemore-showing-signs-of-major-progress-after-rough-rookie-season

https://www.sactownroyalty.com/2016/9/6/12814832/sacramento-kings-ben-mclemore-season-preview

"t seems likely that McLemore will still be on the team by opening night given how little interest he seems to have generated on the trade market. Dave Joerger has raved about his work ethic in multiple interviews, something we’ve heard about before. But work ethic hasn’t been McLemore’s problem in the NBA, it’s been his consistency and confidence"

"But he's not yet satisfied. McLemore is known for his work ethic. General manager Pete D'Alessandro talked about McLemore's diligence at the end of last season, providing reason for optimism after a rough rookie year.

"I’ve said this from the beginning of the year, the guy works like no other young guy works," said D'Alessandro, per Bryan Rose of Fansided.com. "He and Ray [McCallum] together, I really give them a lot of credit for their work ethic. If you have talent, athleticism, and that work ethic – which he does – I think it’s a recipe for success."

Glad to know I was wrong. But that is kind of scary that he has natural talent and great work ethic and has still been so bad. ANd still can't dribble.

45 minutes ago, lsugrizzfan said:

Glad to know I was wrong. But that is kind of scary that he has natural talent and great work ethic and has still been so bad. ANd still can't dribble.

Yea, I never said he was good. Just pointing out the board's tendency to have baseless opinions.

On 7/12/2017 at 9:54 PM, srmjr23 said:

You do realize that fronts offices/coaches put glaringly positive stuff out about players when they are trying to trade them right-"Oh, he has a great work ethic, oh he's such a team player, oh he's such a professional, all the guys on the team love him" As you can see, their strategy didn't work. A coach and FO people giving rave reviews over a player they were trying to trade doesn't give me much confidence that BennyMacBo will come here and light it up because of his "work ethic".

17 minutes ago, Notorious O.D.K. said:

You do realize that fronts offices/coaches put glaringly positive stuff out about players when they are trying to trade them right-"Oh, he has a great work ethic, oh he's such a team player, oh he's such a professional, all the guys on the team love him" As you can see, their strategy didn't work. A coach and FO people giving rave reviews over a player they were trying to trade doesn't give me much confidence that BennyMacBo will come here and light it up because of his "work ethic".

I dont think he was saying that McLemore is going to light it up. He was just saying that his work ethic wasnt the issue. Coaches may exaggerate but they wouldnt make comments like that about a player that was lazy.

30 minutes ago, Notorious O.D.K. said:

She has a great personality!

Oh wait, that's for something else entirely. Never mind. 

23 minutes ago, Dwash said:

I dont think he was saying that McLemore is going to light it up. He was just saying that his work ethic wasnt the issue. Coaches may exaggerate but they wouldnt make comments like that about a player that was lazy.

If they were trying to dump him, as they were, yes they would. It's all politicling.

21 hours ago, srmjr23 said:

Yea, I never said he was good. Just pointing out the board's tendency to have baseless opinions.

See I was going to let it slide, but you called my opinion baseless. It's actually based in two things: 1) he just quit his workout to celebrate. Finish your workout and then celebrate. 2) he has not gotten any better and can't dribble. If you work that hard, he would at least be better at dribbling.

I do not know of anyone saying he has bad work ethic. I was just seeing him stop a workout prematurely and noticing no improvement in his game. Those are generally signs of bad work ethic. You came up with people saying he worked hard. I cannot dispute them. That does not mean my opinion was baseless.

Im sorry but I think an 11 million dollar deal is worth stopping a workout for, especially if you are always working out. Especially with a camera in your face asking you questions.

10 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Im sorry but I think an 11 million dollar deal is worth stopping a workout for, especially if you are always working out. Especially with a camera in your face asking you questions.

Isn't the bigger question "Why was he recording his workout?" Reality show material if you ask me. What a great coincidence that someone just happened to be recording an every day workout when Ben gets the great news! 

34b38394358a75dcb1f9f5ce67c9592a43842bab460432a1a87c44ccf003ef29.jpg

Again, this is just to for Friday giggles. Please don't take it too seriously. 

11 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Isn't the bigger question "Why was he recording his workout?" Reality show material if you ask me. What a great coincidence that someone just happened to be recording an every day workout when Ben gets the great news! 

It could have been a little staged too.

41 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

28 minutes ago, Dwash said:

It could have been a little staged too.

Hate to be cynical but that was my initial reaction (and still is my reaction)

7 hours ago, Notorious O.D.K. said:

These are not just quotes from personnel interested in his trade market value. He's had a documented training regimen since he was in college.

edit: spelling

1 hour ago, chipc3 said:

He's recorded his workouts since he was in the league. I'm not suggesting Ben McLemore is good. I posted several weeks ago that I thought he was garbage. Here's hoping I'm wrong. But these comments ARE baseless.

"Equally significant is that, amid the ruins of an immensely disappointing season, his work ethic hums along like a clock. He arrives early for individual workouts and routinely turns out the lights after practices. He loves the scent, the rhythms of the gym, as much as he loves the game. In his own quiet, persistent way, he desperately wants to be great." Article from Jan 2015

I could keep going. Maybe do some research instead of acting like you know what you're talking about.

4 hours ago, srmjr23 said:

"Equally significant is that, amid the ruins of an immensely disappointing season, his work ethic hums along like a clock. He arrives early for individual workouts and routinely turns out the lights after practices. He loves the scent, the rhythms of the gym, as much as he loves the game. In his own quiet, persistent way, he desperately wants to be great." Article from Jan 2015

I could keep going. Maybe do some research instead of acting like you know what you're talking about.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_burn_centers_in_the_United_States

None of the all-time leading scorers in NBA history had the first name "Ben."  Few even had a 3-letter first name.

Tim Duncan

Ray Allen

That's about it.  There were a few good players named "Bob" - Lanier, Petit, Cousey plus "Don" Havlicek 

Hal Green and Pau Gasol get three letter first name honorable mention.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**obvious sarcasm alert  

17 hours ago, srmjr23 said:

People say he works hard. Thank you for sharing that. Everyone agrees that he is athletically talented and has massive potential. This makes him the first ever player to be both gifted and work his *** off but never get better. I'm glad to read all these people talk about his work ethic. I'd prefer results over words. If he keeps being crappy and unable to dribble, does it matter?