nwagrizzfan

Every Team's Projected 2017-18 Record

GamesOut    0

My question is, is there any other team or teams with as much uncertainty (again) as the Griz have? 

Cavs and Warriors make playoffs (so do half the teams).

We could have 30 to 50 wins.  Cavs and Warriors have way less overall uncertainty.

Wells    0

I never try to predict the season record prior to the schedule release. We only know the opponents in 46 games for certain (2 games against each Eastern Conference team and 4 games against the other Southwestern Division teams). The other 36 games are split as 24 games against six teams and 12 against the other four teams in the West. But we don't know how many games against which exact opponents we will get. Guessing results this early is worse than throwing darts at the newspaper blindfolded in order to pick your stock market investments.

cdp    0

Yea why the heck r ya'll predictin records when the roster isn't even set n we don't know the schedule?

Y'know what, im callin our 2023-2024 team record to be 50-32. If the teams still even in memphis then lol

Dwash    0
37 minutes ago, cdp said:

Yea why the heck r ya'll predictin records when the roster isn't even set n we don't know the schedule?

Y'know what, im callin our 2023-2024 team record to be 50-32. If the teams still even in memphis then lol

Ok I get the roster stuff, but the schedule is the same every year. 30 games against the other conference, 16 against your own division, 36 games against the other 10 conference teams. Not sure why you have to wait on that. I guess there are back to backs, but who goes that in depth to make a prediction?

Wells    0
6 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Ok I get the roster stuff, but the schedule is the same every year. 30 games against the other conference, 16 against your own division, 36 games against the other 10 conference teams. Not sure why you have to wait on that. I guess there are back to backs, but who goes that in depth to make a prediction?

I do, every season, as part of the Pick'Em Threads.  I do all of my predictions for those threads before the pre-season even starts (since I do a pre-season thread as well). 

I start when the schedule is released, as I get a look at how many times we play the Warriors compared to how many games we get against the Suns; how many against the Thunder compared to the Nuggets.  Which games are at home compared to away at arenas where we historically have problems (Denver, Utah & Phoenix due to elevation).

If we play Denver twice at the Grindhouse compared to only once in Denver, I expect the Grizzlies to be more likely to finish 2-1 in that series compared to 1-2 if the schedule is reversed, or 2-2 if we play them four times.

lions    0
3 hours ago, cdp said:

you are right thats will the year the grizzlies a 39 year old lebron james

Subliminal    0
On 7/21/2017 at 9:55 AM, Wells said:

I do, every season, as part of the Pick'Em Threads.  I do all of my predictions for those threads before the pre-season even starts (since I do a pre-season thread as well). 

I start when the schedule is released, as I get a look at how many times we play the Warriors compared to how many games we get against the Suns; how many against the Thunder compared to the Nuggets.  Which games are at home compared to away at arenas where we historically have problems (Denver, Utah & Phoenix due to elevation).

If we play Denver twice at the Grindhouse compared to only once in Denver, I expect the Grizzlies to be more likely to finish 2-1 in that series compared to 1-2 if the schedule is reversed, or 2-2 if we play them four times.

Grizz have been winning more often than not at the mile high

Wells    0
1 hour ago, Subliminal said:

Grizz have been winning more often than not at the mile high

Only in the last two or three years. Had a fifteen game losing streak there at one time if I remember correctly.

lions    0

i have been a memphis grizzlies fan for the past 15 years every year i have had high hope for the up and coming season this is the FIRST time i have very low hopes for a up and coming season. this year i feel the MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES WILL BE 34-48

lions    0

will have no rebounding no bench, and many new players.

Subliminal    0
5 hours ago, lions said:

i have been a memphis grizzlies fan for the past 15 years every year i have had high hope for the up and coming season this is the FIRST time i have very low hopes for a up and coming season. this year i feel the MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES WILL BE 34-48

So let me get this straight. You think they'll win 51 games?

lions    0
16 hours ago, Subliminal said:

So let me get this straight. You think they'll win 51 games?

no, i think they are going to win 34 games

On 7/10/2017 at 5:03 PM, nwagrizzfan said:

Matt Moore - CBS - Post FA Power Rankings

Looks like #6 seed here......I think this is right

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nba-power-rankings-warriors-are-no-1-duh-where-do-free-agency-players-land/

He is drinking the twolves and bucks koolaid. There is no way in hell the twolves make that kind of keep. He also discounted the trail blazers who are a vet team that will be heard from this season.

Jimmy butler is good, but that roster is still way too inexperienced, they have an okay pg, and Wiggins, dispite what people believe is not a game changer. He is basically a less experienced Rudy gay. He has jawdropping athletic ability and he can score, but what else does he do. He ain't Kevin durant.

It all depends on kat and how much he improves. If he can put up a marc Gasol season, they could be a 6th seed.

Subliminal    0
1 hour ago, lions said:

no, i think they are going to win 34 games

Ah, gotcha. 

Father Pat    0
39 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

He is drinking the twolves and bucks koolaid. There is no way in hell the twolves make that kind of keep. He also discounted the trail blazers who are a vet team that will be heard from this season.

Jimmy butler is good, but that roster is still way too inexperienced, they have an okay pg, and Wiggins, dispite what people believe is not a game changer. He is basically a less experienced Rudy gay. He has jawdropping athletic ability and he can score, but what else does he do. He ain't Kevin durant.

It all depends on kat and how much he improves. If he can put up a marc Gasol season, they could be a 6th seed.

So if KAT slows down, scores less and cuts his rebounding in half the T-Wolves will be better? You should stick to posting baby photos. The T-Wolves lost 15 games last year by 4 points or less, and another 2 in OT. Barring injury, they are a lock for the 6 spot or better.

Paladin    0

I hope I am wrong, but if we make no trades, I am not optimistic--not because we are so much worse than last year but because other teams have improved much more than we have: 35-47.

The grizzlies, if they get jam back and Chandler gives them 16 a game, I don't see why they can't win 50+.

If Chandler is a void like he was last year, they will win 45 games.

Subliminal    0

Not really, some people just take things way too seriously and need a bit chiding from time to time, IMHO

22 hours ago, Father Pat said:

So if KAT slows down, scores less and cuts his rebounding in half the T-Wolves will be better? You should stick to posting baby photos. The T-Wolves lost 15 games last year by 4 points or less, and another 2 in OT. Barring injury, they are a lock for the 6 spot or better.

No, kat needs to understand that you need to play good defense, you need to execute in the half court, take good shots.

The twolves were a 31 win team last year for a reason, you do not bad luck your way into a 31 win season. It happens for a reason. Just like the Grizzlies 7 year playoff run happened for a reason, because the grizzlies are a **** goid team.

Father Pat    0
3 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

No, kat needs to understand that you need to play good defense, you need to execute in the half court, take good shots.

The twolves were a 31 win team last year for a reason, you do not bad luck your way into a 31 win season. It happens for a reason. Just like the Grizzlies 7 year playoff run happened for a reason, because the grizzlies are a **** goid team.

Only 2 NBA teams have 3 players on their roster that averaged 20 or more ppg last season; the Warriors and the T-Wolves. Let that sink in for a minute. Now forget about your man crush on Ricky Rubio for a second and look at how he was defended. He pretty much wasn't. The T-Wolves added a point guard that is now actually a threat to score. Teague will free up others on offense. I never said anything about bad luck, and have no idea how you made that assumption. You should have realized that all those close game losses were because it was the classic example of a young team not being able to close out games. Rubio's terrible offensive game made that even worse. They are now a much better offensive team, and were already a pretty good one. They are also going to be a better defensive team not just because of Butlers play, but his play will have a positive effect on the play of his teammates. The T-Wolves will be a better defensive team, and are a better offensive team. They will (barring injury) be the most improved team in the NBA and at least a 6 seed, and probably better.

57 minutes ago, Father Pat said:

Only 2 NBA teams have 3 players on their roster that averaged 20 or more ppg last season; the Warriors and the T-Wolves. Let that sink in for a minute. Now forget about your man crush on Ricky Rubio for a second and look at how he was defended. He pretty much wasn't. The T-Wolves added a point guard that is now actually a threat to score. Teague will free up others on offense. I never said anything about bad luck, and have no idea how you made that assumption. You should have realized that all those close game losses were because it was the classic example of a young team not being able to close out games. Rubio's terrible offensive game made that even worse. They are now a much better offensive team, and were already a pretty good one. They are also going to be a better defensive team not just because of Butlers play, but his play will have a positive effect on the play of his teammates. The T-Wolves will be a better defensive team, and are a better offensive team. They will (barring injury) be the most improved team in the NBA and at least a 6 seed, and probably better.

Im not trying to deny that the wolves have some nice young pieces, I'm just saying that they are another year away, and they have challenges.

Rubio was the least of their problems. In fact, if rather have rubio than Teague. But I suppose that somebody had to get the axe for their bad season and rubio was the scapegoat.

I like butler and kat combo, but I don't see how Wiggins firs in. Now you add Teague to an already bad defensive team, so I don't know.

The problem with butler and kat is that they are mismatched age-wise. So, no I don't like what the wolves are doing.

I would have traded Wiggins to Boston for the #1 pick and taken Lonzo Ball, if I were them.

3 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Im not trying to deny that the wolves have some nice young pieces, I'm just saying that they are another year away, and they have challenges.

Rubio was the least of their problems. In fact, if rather have rubio than Teague. But I suppose that somebody had to get the axe for their bad season and rubio was the scapegoat.

I like butler and kat combo, but I don't see how Wiggins firs in. Now you add Teague to an already bad defensive team, so I don't know.

The problem with butler and kat is that they are mismatched age-wise. So, no I don't like what the wolves are doing.

I would have traded Wiggins to Boston for the #1 pick and taken Lonzo Ball, if I were them.

I c minny playing a lot of one on one bball.

lions    0
9 hours ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

I c minny playing a lot of one on one bball.

i wish we could of had minny off-season