Kevin B Moses

When Brooklyn is making better moves than you, it's time to reevaluate your strategy

In case you havent heard, brooklyn just got a first round pick and demare' carrol, for a throw-away center.

Meanwhile, the grizzlies are signing tyreke Evans.

They continue to keep jarell around when it is clear as day that troy Williams is a future starter on some team not the grizzlies.

You can't tell me that Wallace and the grizzlies know what they are doing. I said it many times that getting cap space would be important and we need to be looking for a deal like Brooklyn just made.

Brandan wright for dcaroll and a first round pick sounds way better than benmac and tyreke.

Zappastache    0

Toronto had to include a 1st bc Caroll's contract is so bad. You want Memphis to be salary dumping ground? I don't think our cap could've handled Caroll even if we wanted him.

We screwed ourselves last year with Parsons, meaning we can't make many moves this offseason. 

And just why would you want Carroll? What position would he play on this team? Do you think he's a starter? The guy is the poster child for overpaying these past few years. He's an okay player with a really bad contract, jus why would we want a player like that?

21 minutes ago, Zappastache said:

Toronto had to include a 1st bc Caroll's contract is so bad. You want Memphis to be salary dumping ground? I don't think our cap could've handled Caroll even if we wanted him.

We screwed ourselves last year with Parsons, meaning we can't make many moves this offseason. 

Yes

8 minutes ago, Notorious O.D.K. said:

And just why would you want Carroll? What position would he play on this team? Do you think he's a starter? The guy is the poster child for overpaying these past few years. He's an okay player with a really bad contract, jus why would we want a player like that?

Because he is better than the 9 million we just spent on the scrubs we just got and would cost the same amount.

2 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Because he is better than the 9 million we just spent on the scrubs we just got and would cost the same amount.

Carroll is owed $30 million over the next 2 years. That's $15 million a year. I don't understand your math. 

2 minutes ago, Notorious O.D.K. said:

Carroll is owed $30 million over the next 2 years. That's $15 million a year. I don't understand your math. 

We are trading Brandan wright in the deal. But of course all total it would be more. But this year it would be the same and we get a first round pick and dcarrol is better than tyreke and benmac combined.

16 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

We are trading Brandan wright in the deal. But of course all total it would be more. But this year it would be the same and we get a first round pick and dcarrol is better than tyreke and benmac combined.

Ok, I see what you're saying from a financial perspective buts till don't understand from a basketball perspective. I'm hoping that we can trade Wright because he has only played in about 24% of games that he has been available to play in since being here, so he's essentially a non-factor. I'm not sure how much better Carroll is than McLemore but let's just assume that he's slightly better. I don't think Carroll is better at doing what he does than what Tyreke is at doing what he does, which is mainly scoring. Carrol is a nice piece to have off of the bench but not at $15 mil. 

Memfizz    0

The reason why guys like Cuban succeed in the NBA as GMs is because there are stupid GMs like Chris Wallace who will unload their horrid contracts even if that player is injured.

1. Parsons isn't even that good when fully healthy

2. He had one of the highest contracts in the entire NBA

3. He had the same knee injuries that other players never fully recover from and shows he is injury prone in general

4. He doesn't have the best attitude, he does however have the attitude of a guy who would slow down once paid

5. Cuban was best friends with Parsons, who was begging to stay in Dallas, and STILL wanted his contract gone (terrible sign, more injuries than being disclosed sign)

It was one of the worst signings I've ever seen.  It takes up all our Cap, after already signing Conley to the highest paid player in the league as well as overpaying for Gasol.  Wallace should have been fired by now he's a complete moron.

I'm not a Parsons hater either. Idc if he's a playboy millionaire type guy, he was a player I enjoyed in Houston.  I am a Wallace hater because you have to try to do as stupid of things he does.  Maybe he's an insider for another team?

21 minutes ago, Memfizz said:

The reason why guys like Cuban succeed in the NBA as GMs is because there are stupid GMs like Chris Wallace who will unload their horrid contracts even if that player is injured.

3. He had the same knee injuries that other players never fully recover from and shows he is injury prone in general

4. He doesn't have the best attitude, he does however have the attitude of a guy who would slow down once paid

5. Cuban was best friends with Parsons, who was begging to stay in Dallas, and STILL wanted his contract gone (terrible sign, more injuries than being disclosed sign)

It was one of the worst signings I've ever seen.  It takes up all our Cap, after already signing Conley to the highest paid player in the league as well as overpaying for Gasol.  Wallace should have been fired by now he's a complete moron.

I'm not a Parsons hater either. Idc if he's a playboy millionaire type guy, he was a player I enjoyed in Houston.  I am a Wallace hater because you have to try to do as stupid of things he does.  Maybe he's an insider for another team?

So Mark Cuban is the Mavs' GM?

58 minutes ago, Notorious O.D.K. said:

Ok, I see what you're saying from a financial perspective buts till don't understand from a basketball perspective. I'm hoping that we can trade Wright because he has only played in about 24% of games that he has been available to play in since being here, so he's essentially a non-factor. I'm not sure how much better Carroll is than McLemore but let's just assume that he's slightly better. I don't think Carroll is better at doing what he does than what Tyreke is at doing what he does, which is mainly scoring. Carrol is a nice piece to have off of the bench but not at $15 mil. 

Plus the first round pick.

But I bet if you asked Wallace about he'd say some b.s. like we like Brandan wright as a player and don't want to give him up and he brings athetisim to the team. Lol

Ndq0327    0

Brooklyn is a trash team with unlimited cap space sure they are acquiring draft picks in their deals. But they are in the exact place everyone is afraid the Grizz will be if we blow up the team. We can't make trades like that cause we signed Parsons last year and instead of retooling years ago we've been running it back.

Brooklyn is still in rebuild purgatory while the Grizz are trying to retool and stay relevant at the same time. KBM you need to make your mind up and pick a side cause one week you think this is a top team in the West then one week your opposite.

1 minute ago, Ndq0327 said:

Brooklyn is a trash team with unlimited cap space sure they are acquiring draft picks in their deals. But they are in the exact place everyone is afraid the Grizz will be if we blow up the team. We can't make trades like that cause we signed Parsons last year and instead of retooling years ago we've been running it back.

Brooklyn is still in rebuild purgatory while the Grizz are trying to retool and stay relevant at the same time. KBM you need to make your mind up and pick a side cause one week you think this is a top team in the West then one week your opposite.

Well that was before rabb news and now seeing golden light up the summer league and the fact that we still have Martin on the team while troy Williams lays out there unsigned. Plus the tyreke move has been stuck in my craw for days.

Wallace can't be this inept. 

tangogriz    0
21 minutes ago, Memfizz said:

:rolleyes:

Imo congratulations are due you. Two of your conclusions are not soggy soaked in some weird hate sauce. And I appreciate that you warn us at the top.

Memfizz    0
45 minutes ago, Notorious O.D.K. said:

So Mark Cuban is the Mavs' GM?

Whatever, Donnie Nelson is GM but Cuban calls just as many shots and flew to Orlando to make the Parsons deal

Thomas    0

The Grizzlies mirror the Nets in another way: we're both cautionary tales about the dangers of inexplicably hanging onto an incompetent GM for many years. Look how much better off Brooklyn immediately became once they finally let go of Billy King.

Please, for the love of god, get rid of Chris freaking Wallace. I'm so over this ****.

grizzgolf    0
2 hours ago, Ndq0327 said:

The nets are a dumpster fire.

MemphisX    0
3 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Not to mention I begged the front office to draft pat McCaw. Smdh

This is true. Sadly we have The Fourth Wade.😲

20 minutes ago, MemphisX said:

This is true. Sadly we have The Fourth Wade.😲

3 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Not to mention I begged the front office to draft pat McCaw. Smdh

That was stupid. Most of the boards pointed Mccaw last year. 

lsugrizzfan    0
5 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Problem #1- We signed Ben with part of the MLE and Tyreke with the bi-annual exception. You cannot use those exceptions in trades. They are for signing free agents. So you would have had to come up with another 9 million somehow.

Problem #2- Raptors were trying to shed salary for the CJ Miles deal. Since we have no room under the cap, we could not help them there. Even if you're deal were legal, Wright still makes almost twice as much as Hamilton.

I would love to acquire more quality players like Carroll or Avery Bradley, but the reason we aren't in on these deals is that we have not put ourselves in a position to take advantage of fire sales. We have no cap room. We have no proven young players. Our front office has been beyond bad at balancing present and future. All they have done is tread water to remain decent.

42 minutes ago, Once_a_hater said:

That was stupid. Most of the boards pointed Mccaw last year. 

I was the first to mention it, many of the people on the board did finally see value in him.

This year X wanted bolden. I really didn't look at the draft like I normally would since we didn't have picks.

But if we had bolden, McCaw and troy Williams we'd be better off.

1 hour ago, lsugrizzfan said:

Prtheem #1- We signed Ben with part of the MLE and Tyreke with the bi-annual exception. You cannot use those exceptions in trades. They are for signing free agents. So you would have had to come up with another 9 million somehow.

Problem #2- Raptors were trying to shed salary for the CJ Miles deal. Since we have no room under the cap, we could not help them there. Even if you're deal were legal, Wright still makes almost twice as much as Hamilton.

I would love to acquire more quality players like Carroll or Avery Bradley, but the reason we aren't in on these deals is that we have not put ourselves in a position to take advantage of fire sales. We have no cap room. We have no proven young players. Our front office has been beyond bad at balancing present and future. All they have done is tread water to rem

This.

And spoiler for next summer, barring a trade Of one of the Costly 3, it will be the same as this summer as there is very little coming off the books.

chipc3    0
17 hours ago, Memfizz said:

Whatever, Donnie Nelson is GM but Cuban calls just as many shots and flew to Orlando to make the Parsons deal

I don't want a 'successful' Dallas model since Dallas is behind us in the standings. People admiring teams that are stuck in the lottery confuses me.

Memfizz    0
3 hours ago, chipc3 said:

I don't want a 'successful' Dallas model since Dallas is behind us in the standings. People admiring teams that are stuck in the lottery confuses me.

Right because Dallas hasn't been deep in the playoffs multiple years, been 1 seed, constructed multiple highly competitive teams and WON A CHAMPIONSHIP.

And them being behind us in standings right now doesn't change the point that they emptied a horrendous contract on an inured player to us and probably laughed that we would take it.