Sign in to follow this  
Memfizz

Zbo was not offered ANY contract from Memphis, hurt by it - Tillery

Memfizz    0

I think the point is he's hurt Grizzlies didn't offer ANY contract.  Not before or after Kings contract.  That's kind of a low blow, even if it was pretty good chance Zbo was taking that contract it's still a blow to not even be offered the option to stay.

17 minutes ago, Memphis Maverick said:

Because you didn't have the assets to do so. He only reason Sac signed Zacha Ms OVERPAID for him is because they need vets. That and Dave is their coach lol. 

Does the reason matter? He still got the contract right?

A lot of people would say the only reason we signed and overpaid McLemore is that Chris Wallace is our gm and he's a bumbling idiot who acquires players he wanted tod raft 5 years ago who have proven nothing.

17 minutes ago, Memfizz said:

I think the point is he's hurt Grizzlies didn't offer ANY contract.  Not before or after Kings contract.  That's kind of a low blow, even if it was pretty good chance Zbo was taking that contract it's still a blow to not even be offered the option to stay.

Fizz let it be known that that would be the case last year when he benched. I posted quotes from Fizz early in the season when he mentioned that coming off of the bench would be a good opportunity for Zach to show other teams what he still has left to give or something like that. He knew Fizz didn't want him on the team after last season. Same for TA.

1 hour ago, Notorious O.D.K. said:

That is not a solid lineup. you have a question mark by the starting PF and you have no idea if Parsons can even play anymore. Parsons has been injured most of the past 3 years. Tyreke has been injured most of the past 2 years. McLemore has proven nothing in 4 years, Ennis didn't do much last year when he had a big opportunity. Deyonta Davis has shown absolutely nothing and Wright is more fragile than eggs. Selden has played a total of 14 NBA regular season games. How is that a solid lineup? 

Hey, you forgot Gasol had a broke foot 2.

Just now, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

Hey, you forgot Gasol had a broke foot 2.

Well, by all accounts he bounced back from that and showed he could still play by putting up nearly 20 ppg in 74 games. He did have a career low in rebounding but that's due to the way Fizz played him I believe more than anything. Parsons and Tyreke have not shown that they have fully bounced back from their injuries. 

1 hour ago, Notorious O.D.K. said:

There's no crow. I'm not betting anything nor am I guaranteeing anything. I'm just saying, most people look at our roster and think it's trash while so many people on this board think we have all of these diamonds in the rough that are just going to shine next year. It rarely works that way. I like Selden and think he's probably the best young player on our roster but there's a reason he was undrafted and has only played 14 NBA games. He has the most potential in my mind. Harrison, Baldwin, Martin, Davis, have shown me nothing. Rabb and Brooks are second round rookies, how often do they succeed in their first year in the NBA if at all? McLemore has been a bust. 

I'm just taking a realistic view of our roster and rarely do teams with this much inexperience win big. I want this team to succeed but the reality is we have a bunch of injury prone players, castoffs and unproven talent after Mike and Marc. if we had more NBA ready level talent, I would be fine.If these guys had proven that they can play at a high level for like 3 years, I would be fine. I hope I am wrong but nothing on this roster makes me think I am way off base.

Was JMG even drafted? Most 2nd rounders don't ever really get a good chance to make it. Didn't Conley break his face 2 years ago, didn't he have problems with his Achilles last year? You just gonna have to wait and see what these guys can do. PEACE. :)

3 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Yeah but signing two scrubs like Benmac and tyreke which both combined won't equal what zbo brought would ***** me off too

I doubt Zach would be looking at it that way.

He would be looking in the direction of Cancun, and I guarantee Marc is too. Already the chemistry and body language was obvious. It's Parsons that has a lot to prove this season, not BenMac or Tyreke

Iron Mike    0
22 hours ago, Notorious O.D.K. said:

First off, I don't care about 34 year old Z-Bo or VC or TA but 34 year old Z-Bo did get a 2 year $24 million contract and VC got an $8 million contract so somebody Joerger, who would field in five 40 year old players at the same time if possible, wanted them.

Fixed.

Kidding aside, the Grizz should've offered him at least the minimum allowed for vets.

You know he ain't signing that but that offer would be just somewhat symbolic.

cdp    0

Wait so they offer TA the minimum n not a dime to Zbo? After they already took paycuts/reduced roles? Wow what kind of message does that send to future free agents? "We don't give a **** about your loyalty". Not a good look right here for FO.

Gradey    0

In the defense of the Grizz though, if they KNEW they were/could only offer a vet min contract but ZBO was getting a larger offer, would you trot out that lowball bid for the guy or just say "Hey....you are going to be worth more than I have for you and I do not want to offend with a vet min contract offer."  Or something along those lines.  I don't think the Grizz meant any disrespect.

I'm pretty sure the Grizzlies thought the Jam thing would get handled quickly. He was supposed to be the first domino to fall then they could see what they had left for ZBo. They weren't expecting someone to offer that big of a contract to ZBo but probably aren't too broken up about it since it forced the end of GNG.

The longer the Jam thing played out, the more their "plan" got thrown out. But now waiting out Jam will probably play into their favor and him costing less.

GF#1    0
11 minutes ago, New_Sacred_Cow said:

I'm pretty sure the Grizzlies thought the Jam thing would get handled quickly. He was supposed to be the first domino to fall then they could see what they had left for ZBo. They weren't expecting someone to offer that big of a contract to ZBo but probably aren't too broken up about it since it forced the end of GNG.

The longer the Jam thing played out, the more their "plan" got thrown out. But now waiting out Jam will probably play into their favor and him costing less.

The more I've thought about it, the more I'm convinced that Fizdale and the organization wanted to go in a different direction. I think that's pretty evident by TA not re-signing as well.

chipc3    0
23 minutes ago, Gradey said:

In the defense of the Grizz though, if they KNEW they were/could only offer a vet min contract but ZBO was getting a larger offer, would you trot out that lowball bid for the guy or just say "Hey....you are going to be worth more than I have for you and I do not want to offend with a vet min contract offer."  Or something along those lines.  I don't think the Grizz meant any disrespect.

Tillery is ****** off (i.e upset) he doesn't have exclusive access to the team anymore with Grind City Media. He's trying to stir up trouble. There never was a chance the Grizzlies would offer Z-Bo a deal close to what he received and clearly his style isn't what the team is going for anymore. 

Michael D    0
27 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Tillery is ****** off (i.e upset) he doesn't have exclusive access to the team anymore with Grind City Media. He's trying to stir up trouble. There never was a chance the Grizzlies would offer Z-Bo a deal close to what he received and clearly his style isn't what the team is going for anymore. 

What he said.

Seriously, that makes the most sense.  Why would Zbo be upset about this situation?  He signed the **** contract with Sacramento and knew that the Grizzlies would not match an offer that high.  Its business.

lsugrizzfan    0

Is there anything that says the Grizzlies never made any offer to him? What I see is Tillery saying the "Grizz didn't try to keep him." That can also be interrupted to mean that they were told what Sacramento was offering and never tried to get close to that amount in an attempt to keep him. It is just as possible that the team didn't offer him a contract, but shouldn't you wait until those actual words are said before jumping to that conclusion?

lsugrizzfan    0
1 minute ago, Memfizz said:

Well if you're going by Tillery, that's literally what he said. They didn't even offer him ANY contract

"I can tell you that ZBo is hurt Griz didn't try to keep him and I'll respect that he isn't ready to talk publicly. Big send off to come." This is the quote you put in your opening post. This is the same thing said in Tillery's tweet. Where does it say he was never offered any contract by the Grizz?

1 hour ago, cdp said:

Wait so they offer TA the minimum n not a dime to Zbo? After they already took paycuts/reduced roles? Wow what kind of message does that send to future free agents? "We don't give a **** about your loyalty". Not a good look right here for FO.

The message was clear that Fizdale wanted to get away from the past offensively, and he didn't feel Zach and Tony were part of the future.

The fact is, had the Grizzlies offered Zach a minimum offer, they still would have been criticized for only offering a minimum deal.

One thing that Wallace has been consistent on is not playing games on contracts.  If the organization wanted the player, they "overpay."  If they really don't, Wallace hasn't messed around with small offers.  My memory may be wrong on this, but he let Ronnie Brewer and OJ Mayo walk without offers.

TimBC    0

How do we know they didn't simply have a quiet talk with ZBo and suggest that it's time to go? They may well have already known the Kings had an offer ready.  As others noted, a lowball offer might have been more of an insult than no offer at all. 

Memfizz    0
1 hour ago, lsugrizzfan said:

"I can tell you that ZBo is hurt Griz didn't try to keep him and I'll respect that he isn't ready to talk publicly. Big send off to come." This is the quote you put in your opening post. This is the same thing said in Tillery's tweet. Where does it say he was never offered any contract by the Grizz?

"However, the franchise decided it was time to move on from Randolph, and he was not even offered a contract."

This was confirmed (at least via them) through some Twitter conversations

GF#1    0
55 minutes ago, Memfizz said:

"However, the franchise decided it was time to move on from Randolph, and he was not even offered a contract."

This was confirmed (at least via them) through some Twitter conversations

That was something said by Nihad Zunic. Who is he? What ties does he have with the organization? Did I miss the part where he provided a quote from a Grizzlies executive, Zach Randolph, his agent, or anyone even remotely involved with the situation?

The way this reads to me is that the writer of the article took Tillery's comments, and made his own assumption.

I'm not saying that you are wrong, I'm saying provide a reliable source or give us a reliable quote. You cannot believe everything that you read especially from people that aren't closely tied to the organization.

Memfizz    0

I don't, I'm just forwarding it on because Tillery claimed he was hurt by it and I think many fans wonder this sort of thing.

lsugrizzfan    0
3 hours ago, GF#1 said:

That was something said by Nihad Zunic. Who is he? What ties does he have with the organization? Did I miss the part where he provided a quote from a Grizzlies executive, Zach Randolph, his agent, or anyone even remotely involved with the situation?

The way this reads to me is that the writer of the article took Tillery's comments, and made his own assumption.

I'm not saying that you are wrong, I'm saying provide a reliable source or give us a reliable quote. You cannot believe everything that you read especially from people that aren't closely tied to the organization.

This is kind of where I was. I can see the scenario where they wouldn't make an offer. But I want someone involved in the situation to actually say it before I believe it.

GF#1    0
3 hours ago, Memfizz said:

I don't, I'm just forwarding it on because Tillery claimed he was hurt by it and I think many fans wonder this sort of thing.

But a guy named Nihad said so. It's gotta be true.