Sign in to follow this  
Memfizz

Zbo was not offered ANY contract from Memphis, hurt by it - Tillery

Recommended Posts

Good thing we didn't stick with him. Can't be feilding too many players with injury problems

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, nwagrizzfan said:

Tillery carries an agenda

And those bozos at 92.9 don't? They all do

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he is hurt, 24 million will help him along. Right or wrong it is a business.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Jetfixer said:

If he is hurt, 24 million will help him along. Right or wrong it is a business.

Yeah but signing two scrubs like Benmac and tyreke which both combined won't equal what zbo brought would ***** me off too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Yeah but signing two scrubs like Benmac and tyreke which both combined won't equal what zbo brought would ***** me off too

You will eat those words whebthis season starts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“I look at it like this: I understand it’s a business. I really do understand that. This is a small market team and money plays a factor. I understand all that. It’s different now. I don’t know if it’s just changes in (salary cap) rules or just a change in the way of the world. Like I said, it’s a business."

-  Zach Randolph, Dec. 2013.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

I doubt it.

You aren't looking for them to be stars. Don't worry I will have your crow ready.

Conley, Tyreke

Ben Mac, Seldon (fighting for starting spot), Daniels

Parsons, Ennis, Brooks

Jam?, Wright, Rabb

Marc, Davis.

 

Thats a solid lineup. Better than last year by a WIDE margin. 

You finally have a competent backup behind Conley that can play along side of him. 

If this team is healthy you are going to be surprised. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Memphis Maverick said:

You aren't looking for them to be stars. Don't worry I will have your crow ready.

Conley, Tyreke

Ben Mac, Seldon (fighting for starting spot), Daniels

Parsons, Ennis, Brooks

Jam?, Wright, Rabb

Marc, Davis.

 

Thats a solid lineup. Better than last year by a WIDE margin. 

You finally have a competent backup behind Conley that can play along side of him. 

If this team is healthy you are going to be surprised. 

That is not a solid lineup. you have a question mark by the starting PF and you have no idea if Parsons can even play anymore. Parsons has been injured most of the past 3 years. Tyreke has been injured most of the past 2 years. McLemore has proven nothing in 4 years, Ennis didn't do much last year when he had a big opportunity. Deyonta Davis has shown absolutely nothing and Wright is more fragile than eggs. Selden has played a total of 14 NBA regular season games. How is that a solid lineup? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Notorious O.D.K. said:

That is not a solid lineup. you have a question mark by the starting PF and you have no idea if Parsons can even play anymore. Parsons has been injured most of the past 3 years. Tyreke has been injured most of the past 2 years. McLemore has proven nothing in 4 years, Ennis didn't do much last year when he had a big opportunity. Deyonta Davis has shown absolutely nothing and Wright is more fragile than eggs. Selden has played a total of 14 NBA regular season games. How is that a solid lineup? 

You will see. I've watched Ben since he came in the league. He needs a coach but he can play. Seldon proved he could play against Kawhi. He can hit jumpers and is knows how to push the ball.

we aren't looking for Tyreke to ball out. Just back up and play beside Mike. He will be fine. 

Even if Parsons doesn't pan out you would have a decent front court for the first time in forever. Shooter, young, athletic. Conley hasn't had that to play with in a LONG time. 

As far as questions go at the PF and behind Marc I agree. But I have a feeling Wright will be traded and we still have to get one more player off the team if I'm not mistaken. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Memphis Maverick said:

You will see. I've watched Ben since he came in the league. He needs a coach but he can play. Seldon proved he could play against Kawhi. He can hit jumpers and is knows how to push the ball.

we aren't looking for Tyreke to ball out. Just back up and play beside Mike. He will be fine. 

Even if Parsons doesn't pan out you would have a decent front court for the first time in forever. Shooter, young, athletic. Conley hasn't had that to play with in a LONG time. 

As far as questions go at the PF and behind Marc I agree. But I have a feeling Wright will be traded and we still have to get one more player off the team if I'm not mistaken. 

 

Great, you've watched Ben McLemore, so have tons of people in Sacramento and they concluded they he's a bust and he sucks. Being athletic does not make you a good basketball player. A lot of good basketball players are athletic, but not all athletic people are good bball players. It seems we have this conversation every season where someone has watched some players and just tells everyone how great that player will be. Last season, it was Wade Baldwin. I remember arguing with people over OJ Mayo when they were telling me how he will be a superstar and I was telling everyone he was over-rated. I don't care how many coaches McLemore has had. Life is about overcoming obstacles. The best predictor of future performance is past performance. If he had a designated NBA skill, it doesn't matter how many coaches he has had because he would use that skill. He's just an athletic guy, he can hit 3's at a good clip when he doesn't take that many. He has a long way to go to prove me (and most of the NBA world) that he is anything more than that. 

Not looking for Tyreke to ball out, well, here are Fizz's comment son Tyreke :

Quote

He’s a guy who can go get you 15 (points) easily. He can get you 20 on any given night. And I like the fact that he played at the University of Memphis. People know him and really like this kid. 

 

Seems to me like Fizz is looking for about 15 per night from Tyreke. 

We have 2 reliable NBA level players in Marc and Mike. We have 2 NBA level players who have been struggling with injuries the past few seasons in Tyreke and Parsons. Wright has played in less than 35% of available games since joining and then you have a slew of inexperienced, unproven players. This is not a good roster.It amazes me at how people are just overlooking experience as if it doesn't matter. Not only are they inexperienced, they are undrafted and second rounders without NBA experience. Not a ton of recent lottery picks. We need to improve this roster. Way too many inexperienced guys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Notorious O.D.K. said:

Great, you've watched Ben McLemore, so have tons of people in Sacramento and they concluded they he's a bust and he sucks. Being athletic does not make you a good basketball player. A lot of good basketball players are athletic, but not all athletic people are good bball players. It seems we have this conversation every season where someone has watched some players and just tells everyone how great that player will be. Last season, it was Wade Baldwin. I remember arguing with people over OJ Mayo when they were telling me how he will be a superstar and I was telling everyone he was over-rated. I don't care how many coaches McLemore has had. Life is about overcoming obstacles. The best predictor of future performance is past performance. If he had a designated NBA skill, it doesn't matter how many coaches he has had because he would use that skill. He's just an athletic guy, he can hit 3's at a good clip when he doesn't take that many. He has a long way to go to prove me (and most of the NBA world) that he is anything more than that. 

Not looking for Tyreke to ball out, well, here are Fizz's comment son Tyreke :

Seems to me like Fizz is looking for about 15 per night from Tyreke. 

We have 2 reliable NBA level players in Marc and Mike. We have 2 NBA level players who have been struggling with injuries the past few seasons in Tyreke and Parsons. Wright has played in less than 35% of available games since joining and then you have a slew of inexperienced, unproven players. This is not a good roster.It amazes me at how people are just overlooking experience as if it doesn't matter. Not only are they inexperienced, they are undrafted and second rounders without NBA experience. Not a ton of recent lottery picks. We need to improve this roster. Way too many inexperienced guys

This season will be rough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Notorious O.D.K. said:

Great, you've watched Ben McLemore, so have tons of people in Sacramento and they concluded they he's a bust and he sucks. Being athletic does not make you a good basketball player. A lot of good basketball players are athletic, but not all athletic people are good bball players. It seems we have this conversation every season where someone has watched some players and just tells everyone how great that player will be. Last season, it was Wade Baldwin. I remember arguing with people over OJ Mayo when they were telling me how he will be a superstar and I was telling everyone he was over-rated. I don't care how many coaches McLemore has had. Life is about overcoming obstacles. The best predictor of future performance is past performance. If he had a designated NBA skill, it doesn't matter how many coaches he has had because he would use that skill. He's just an athletic guy, he can hit 3's at a good clip when he doesn't take that many. He has a long way to go to prove me (and most of the NBA world) that he is anything more than that. 

Not looking for Tyreke to ball out, well, here are Fizz's comment son Tyreke :

Seems to me like Fizz is looking for about 15 per night from Tyreke. 

We have 2 reliable NBA level players in Marc and Mike. We have 2 NBA level players who have been struggling with injuries the past few seasons in Tyreke and Parsons. Wright has played in less than 35% of available games since joining and then you have a slew of inexperienced, unproven players. This is not a good roster.It amazes me at how people are just overlooking experience as if it doesn't matter. Not only are they inexperienced, they are undrafted and second rounders without NBA experience. Not a ton of recent lottery picks. We need to improve this roster. Way too many inexperienced guys

I don't know who argued with you with Wade, but I don't see it in him. 

ill put it to you like this. This roster is better than last years already. Period. I'll get the crow ready for you to son 😏

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't been happy with the past couple of rosters. Call me optimistic. I wasn't happy about Parsons. I'm not counting on him. 

We have assets now that if they do well we have viable options for trades etc. 

this is the most flexible roster we have had in awhile as well. Nobody wants to trade for a 34 year old ZBO. Nor a Tony Allen. Nor a 40 year old Vincent carter. 

I don't think Seldon gets traded. I think he is starting by mid season over Ben Mac and you still have a solid bench player in Mac.

Tureke can get you 15 a game on some nights. Maybe 20. Born ready did. At least Tyreke is a little better in the IQ Dept. 

You know Ennis is decent. Role player. 

You know Mac can shoot (Tony couldn't) and he can still play D. 

We need some backups for Marc now.

screw 40 year olds. You want veteran players over the hill or you want seasoned (young) players that have made it in the league along with some guys with potential like a Seldon?

Give me a break. Everyone on this board has been clamoring for this for years. This is what you get. 

Youngot Mac, Evans, and Seldon for chump change. For what we had it's great. Next contract Seldon signs will be for a LOT more money. 

Indont put my faith in a lot of players. My post history will show that. You want to be down because you lost something you knew. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, I'm still mad we didn't keep Troy Williams. Him and Seldon were people that when you saw them play, knew they were difference makers and it roster space. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Memphis Maverick said:

I don't know who argued with you with Wade, but I don't see it in him. 

ill put it to you like this. This roster is better than last years already. Period. I'll get the crow ready for you to son 😏

There's no crow. I'm not betting anything nor am I guaranteeing anything. I'm just saying, most people look at our roster and think it's trash while so many people on this board think we have all of these diamonds in the rough that are just going to shine next year. It rarely works that way. I like Selden and think he's probably the best young player on our roster but there's a reason he was undrafted and has only played 14 NBA games. He has the most potential in my mind. Harrison, Baldwin, Martin, Davis, have shown me nothing. Rabb and Brooks are second round rookies, how often do they succeed in their first year in the NBA if at all? McLemore has been a bust. 

I'm just taking a realistic view of our roster and rarely do teams with this much inexperience win big. I want this team to succeed but the reality is we have a bunch of injury prone players, castoffs and unproven talent after Mike and Marc. if we had more NBA ready level talent, I would be fine.If these guys had proven that they can play at a high level for like 3 years, I would be fine. I hope I am wrong but nothing on this roster makes me think I am way off base.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Notorious O.D.K. said:

There's no crow. I'm not betting anything nor am I guaranteeing anything. I'm just saying, most people look at our roster and think it's trash while so many people on this board think we have all of these diamonds in the rough that are just going to shine next year. It rarely works that way. I like Selden and think he's probably the best young player on our roster but there's a reason he was undrafted and has only played 14 NBA games. He has the most potential in my mind. Harrison, Baldwin, Martin, Davis, have shown me nothing. Rabb and Brooks are second round rookies, how often do they succeed in their first year in the NBA if at all? McLemore has been a bust. 

I'm just taking a realistic view of our roster and rarely do teams with this much inexperience win big. I want this team to succeed but the reality is we have a bunch of injury prone players, castoffs and unproven talent after Mike and Marc. if we had more NBA ready level talent, I would be fine.If these guys had proven that they can play at a high level for like 3 years, I would be fine. I hope I am wrong but nothing on this roster makes me think I am way off base.

I understand where you are coming from. I don't believe in Martin, Baldwin.

Harrison is at the best serviceable. Notice I didn't include him in the lineups.

Only reason Brooks was drafted second round was because he wasn't a freshman. There were a lot of good talent in the second round this year including the player of the year I believe. 

This wasn't a typical draft. Im not putting any cards on Brooks yet. 

But we watched Seldon perform at a high level when he played last year and he did amazingly well during the time he was on the court in the Playoffs. I still to this day don't know why he wasn't drafted. 

Mac will be more productive than Tony. Agree or disagree? That's all you need to worry about. 

Tyreke will be better than Harrison if he stays healthy (Eric Gordon is a good reference) yes or no? That's all you need to worry about.

Ennis continues to play like he did last season and he's ok. He gets better great.

Marc and Mike will still get you 20+ a game. 

Jam was decent. We may not even roll with him next season. Like I said I don't feel we are done. This has been under the radar great pickups for what we had to work with. 

People act like Mike and Marc aren't good veteran presence. People seem tondiscount what they bring to the table as far as teaching the young guys. 

Our big question mark is Parsons. If he's healthy and gives us a full season I think we are in a solid position. 

If he doesn't, we still have some young guys that can perform. 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Memphis Maverick said:

I haven't been happy with the past couple of rosters. Call me optimistic. I wasn't happy about Parsons. I'm not counting on him. 

We have assets now that if they do well we have viable options for trades etc. 

this is the most flexible roster we have had in awhile as well. Nobody wants to trade for a 34 year old ZBO. Nor a Tony Allen. Nor a 40 year old Vincent carter. 

I don't think Seldon gets traded. I think he is starting by mid season over Ben Mac and you still have a solid bench player in Mac.

Tureke can get you 15 a game on some nights. Maybe 20. Born ready did. At least Tyreke is a little better in the IQ Dept. 

You know Ennis is decent. Role player. 

You know Mac can shoot (Tony couldn't) and he can still play D. 

We need some backups for Marc now.

screw 40 year olds. You want veteran players over the hill or you want seasoned (young) players that have made it in the league along with some guys with potential like a Seldon?

Give me a break. Everyone on this board has been clamoring for this for years. This is what you get. 

Youngot Mac, Evans, and Seldon for chump change. For what we had it's great. Next contract Seldon signs will be for a LOT more money. 

Indont put my faith in a lot of players. My post history will show that. You want to be down because you lost something you knew. 

 

First off, I don't care about 34 year old Z-Bo or VC or TA but 34 year old Z-Bo did get a 2 year $24 million contract and VC got an $8 million contract so somebody wanted them. I don't care about losing them, it's the fact that we are going with totally unproven players over them. Do you really think i would care if we replaced Z-Bo with Portzingis? It's about talent not losing them. These guys we are replacing them with have not shown that they have the talent to compete in the NBA let alone win. I don't see how any rational person can dispute that. 

Tyreke has been injured the past couple of seasons and had 3 knee surgeries in 9 months. He was traded from one bad team to another and that other bad team didn't want him. If healthy, Tyreke is a heck of a player but he's also a ball hog who kills ball movement and team chemistry with his style of play. As I said, I am fine with him doing this on the second unit but I don't know what type of player he is now or if he is totally healthy. Tyreke has played on 1 winning team in 8 years. 

Ennis is a fringe NBA player. I argued with people last off-season who tried to tell me how great he was because of those few games with a bad NOP team. People were trying to say he could avg between 12-15 ppg. I capped him at 7-9 ppg and he ended up avg 6 ppg. He had every opportunity to take over last year with Parsons out and he didn't because he couldn't. He is a fringe NBA player. He is best suited as a backup SF behind a high scoring SF.

I have no idea what McLemore can do as a shooter. His % is a reflection of taking few 3 ptrs. He barely makes 1 3 ptr a game. What good does that do? I have no interest in comparing McLemore with TA. That's not what this is about. This is about if McLemore is even an NBA player. Oh and btw, you do realize that TA avg more points than Mac right? If you think he will provide the sam elevel of defense as TA, this discussion is over right now. The kid has proven nothing in 4 years. 

Why is the argument always 40 year old vs inexperienced youth? Why not get experienced guys in their 20's and early 30's who can still play? People act like this is the only alternative. I have no problem going young but they need to have NBA level talent. McLemore is a 4 year bust in the NBA. Selden has played a total of 14 NBA games. James Ennis has not even played a total of 2 NBA seasons worth of ball. TD is probably the most 1 dimensional player in the NBA and the rest of the guys just have not proven that they have the talent to compete in the NBA on a night to night basis (Harrison, Baldwin, Davis, Martin, Rabb, Brooks) Once again, being young and athletic doesn't mean that you will compete in the NBA let alone win and also having experience doesn't mean you have to be 40 years old. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Notorious O.D.K. said:

First off, I don't care about 34 year old Z-Bo or VC or TA but 34 year old Z-Bo did get a 2 year $24 million contract and VC got an $8 million contract so somebody wanted them. I don't care about losing them, it's the fact that we are going with totally unproven players over them. Do you really think i would care if we replaced Z-Bo with Portzingis? It's about talent not losing them. These guys we are replacing them with have not shown that they have the talent to compete in the NBA let alone win. I don't see how any rational person can dispute that. 

Tyreke has been injured the past couple of seasons and had 3 knee surgeries in 9 months. He was traded from one bad team to another and that other bad team didn't want him. If healthy, Tyreke is a heck of a player but he's also a ball hog who kills ball movement and team chemistry with his style of play. As I said, I am fine with him doing this on the second unit but I don't know what type of player he is now or if he is totally healthy. Tyreke has played on 1 winning team in 8 years. 

Ennis is a fringe NBA player. I argued with people last off-season who tried to tell me how great he was because of those few games with a bad NOP team. People were trying to say he could avg between 12-15 ppg. I capped him at 7-9 ppg and he ended up avg 6 ppg. He had every opportunity to take over last year with Parsons out and he didn't because he couldn't. He is a fringe NBA player. He is best suited as a backup SF behind a high scoring SF.

I have no idea what McLemore can do as a shooter. His % is a reflection of taking few 3 ptrs. He barely makes 1 3 ptr a game. What good does that do? I have no interest in comparing McLemore with TA. That's not what this is about. This is about if McLemore is even an NBA player. Oh and btw, you do realize that TA avg more points than Mac right? If you think he will provide the sam elevel of defense as TA, this discussion is over right now. The kid has proven nothing in 4 years. 

Why is the argument always 40 year old vs inexperienced youth? Why not get experienced guys in their 20's and early 30's who can still play? People act like this is the only alternative. I have no problem going young but they need to have NBA level talent. McLemore is a 4 year bust in the NBA. Selden has played a total of 14 NBA games. James Ennis has not even played a total of 2 NBA seasons worth of ball. TD is probably the most 1 dimensional player in the NBA and the rest of the guys just have not proven that they have the talent to compete in the NBA on a night to night basis (Harrison, Baldwin, Davis, Martin, Rabb, Brooks) Once again, being young and athletic doesn't mean that you will compete in the NBA let alone win and also having experience doesn't mean you have to be 40 years old. 

 

Because you didn't have the assets to do so. He only reason Sac signed Zacha Ms OVERPAID for him is because they need vets. That and Dave is their coach lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this