3 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

The only reason people like fizdale so much is that he isn't Hollins, or Hollins protégé joerger.

Just like why people were idiot enough to vote for Donald Trump. They were sick of the calm collected Obama, so they elected a senile maniac.

LOL

KBM a Democrat? Who would have thought?

3 hours ago, chipc3 said:

Joerger was Hollins protege just like Brutus was Caeser's protege! 

5e8f2637808a9ec70143328793588f76.jpg

This is meant to cause a laugh and should not be taken too seriously. 

Actually an astute analogy.

I picked the sarcasm in the original post.

A few guys are having a hard time picking sarcasm lately (see other threads)

4 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

LOL

not a Democrat a liberal Democrat ,willing to discard traditional VALVES

3 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

The only reason people like fizdale so much is that he isn't Hollins, or Hollins protégé joerger.

Just like why people were idiot enough to vote for Donald Trump. They were sick of the calm collected Obama, so they elected a senile maniac.

I will say this about Hollins.  He is not a greedy treasonous crook surrounded by an entire mob of crime enablers  ...both related to him and not.  Trump supporters weren't sick of Obama because he was competent and sane.  Trump supports are motivated by their racism, xenophobia, etc.

4 minutes ago, bhoyal said:

I will say this about Hollins.  He is not a greedy treasonous crook surrounded by an entire mob of crime enablers  ...both related to him and not.  Trump supporters weren't sick of Obama because he was competent and sane.  Trump supports are motivated by their racism, xenophobia, etc.

we found a LIBERAL 

33 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

LOL

26 minutes ago, lions said:

not a Democrat a liberal Democrat ,willing to discard traditional VALVES

23 minutes ago, bhoyal said:

17 minutes ago, lions said:

we found a LIBERAL 

Seriously, can we just keep politics out of this thread? Sports is an escape from the foolishness that is our government and the zealots on both sides spewing nonsense at each other. Start a thread over in Off Topic. Geez Louise, this is about the lineup of the Memphis Grizz in the upcoming season. 

1 hour ago, BigHunkALove said:

Actually an astute analogy.

I picked the sarcasm in the original post.

A few guys are having a hard time picking sarcasm lately (see other threads)

Lol

23 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Yeah I hate valves

Lol x2

2 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Yeah I hate valves

Maybe he meant bivalves.

bivalve.jpg

On 7/14/2017 at 0:25 PM, Kevin B Moses said:

Calm and collected while Americans were being killed in Benggahzi; calm and collected while he tried to send $221,000,000 to the Palestinians in the last hours of his Presidency; calm and collected while unconstitutionally requiring Americans to have health insurance, disguising it as a tax and penalizing those who don't comply; calm and collected while refusing to veto an anti-Israel U.N. resolution. 

Some who voted for Trump were voting against Hillary and the un-American administration of the past 8 years.

I am so sorry I made a joke using politics. :(

On 7/14/2017 at 2:25 PM, Kevin B Moses said:

What if I liked Hollins, then liked Joerger, and now like Fizdale? Then there would have to be another reason why I like Fizdale, right?

4 minutes ago, lsugrizzfan said:

What if I liked Hollins, then liked Joerger, and now like Fizdale? Then there would have to be another reason why I like Fizdale, right?

No. No. NO! You can't like all the Grizzlies coaches. You must pick sides. There must be someone to be hated. 

I'm just teasing. I loved Hollins (not as a person but as a coach). I liked Joerger. I like Fizdale and hope to someday love him as well.  

On 7/13/2017 at 3:54 PM, Grizzled Vet said:

In writing this out, I'm not sure what will happen, but they have to get rid of some bodies.

My guess for the opening day roster (15 man):

PG - Conley, Tyreke, Harrison

SG - BenMc, Selden, Daniels

SF - Parsons, Ennis, Brooks

PF - JaM, Wright, Rade (Martin if JaM doesn't return)

C - Gasol, Davis, Rabb

Somebody has to get waived, because Rade and Baldwin aren't listed; and neither is Kobi Simmons.

I don't believe there will be any trades to shrink roster sizes because I think the Grizzlies would rather waive them instead of give up a future draft pick to get rid of them in a trade, plus I think that nobody else wants the players they are shopping.  However, I could see a Wright for future 2nd rounder as a possibility with a team like the Nets.

I think Baldwin gets waived, and IF he clears waivers, returns to Hustle.  Ditto on Martin.

All right, I'm going to update this with the signing of Mario and the end of Summer League, and if I did this again in an hour, I would probably do it differently.  I think the Grizzlies still have one more signing, and I think it will be a PF/C because the roster is so light there.  I still don't think there are any trades to be made to get rid of players, but several will get waived. 

Prediction of opening day 15 man roster (v 2.0)

PG - Conley, Mario, Harrison

SG - BenMc, Selden, Daniels

SF - Parsons, Ennis, Tyreke

PF - JaM, Wright, Rade (Martin if JaM doesn't return)

C - Gasol, Davis, Martin/Rabb (but I think the Grizzlies sign someone, and then Rabb won't be on roster)

No contract/waived/D-League: Baldwin, Rabb, Kobi Simmons, Jeremy Morgan, Martin (unless JaM doesn't return), Brooks

According to players currently under guaranteed contracts the roster stands like this:

PG: Conley, Harrison, Baldwin
SG: Selden, McLemore, Evans
SF: Parsons, Ennis, Zagorac
PF: Martin, Wright
C:   Gasol, Davis

Unsigned: Brooks and Rabb
Partial guarantee: Chalmers
Free Agent: Green and Allen

If the Grizzlies don't offer Rabb or Brooks contracts (while still maintaining their NBA rights) and fail to re-sign Allen, the can start the season with Green back and Chalmers hanging on until an injury or something else causes the team to drop his contract. 

That means Brooks and Rabb could sign overseas or with the G League team. Simmons is tied to the Hustle pretty much exclusively all year. The Grizzlies retain all three players rights however. 

There is a rumor (confirmed by Rabb's agent) that the Grizzlies offered Rabb a 2 way contract like they did with Simmons. I do not know if this is a fact or not however since I don't trust agents during contract negotiations (or any other time for that matter). This means it can't be ruled out that Brooks is also being offered a 2 way deal as well.  

Current Roster Cluster

PG:Mike/Harrison/Chalmers/Wade

SG:Ben/Reke/Wayne/Daniels

SF: Parsons/Ennis/Rade/Brooks

PF:JaMyke*/Martin/Rabb

C:Gasol/Wright/Davis

2-way: Simmons

18 guys on main roster.   We need to move on from at minimum 3 of them.

I vote Daniels + Martin get moved for TPE or future 2nd.     Daniels would be easiest to move because shooting is always desired just make whoever wants him take Martin too.  I'd rather just play Ennis at smallball 4 then continue with the Jarrell experiment.   I like that 2nd unit lineup NDQ mentioned. 

If the Rabb rumor is true then that can simplify things greatly; otherwise Brooks goes to a 2way or someone gets waived. 

Final roster that i prefer would be

Mike/Harrison/Chalmers/Wade

Ben/Reke/Wayne

Parsons/Ennis/Brooks/Rade

Jam/Wright

Gasol/Davis

Memphis doesn't have to offer Brooks or Rabb a contract and can still hold onto their NBA rights. They did this the last two seasons when they didn't offer Harrison or Zagorac contracts after trading into the 2nd round to get them. 

52 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Memphis doesn't have to offer Brooks or Rabb a contract and can still hold onto their NBA rights. They did this the last two seasons when they didn't offer Harrison or Zagorac contracts after trading into the 2nd round to get them. 

Just curious but what if they demand to play? Harrison and Rade agreed but what if a player said he wants a deal even at league min?

3 hours ago, Dwash said:

Just curious but what if they demand to play? Harrison and Rade agreed but what if a player said he wants a deal even at league min?

They don't have any leverage. They can refuse to sign with the G-league and go overseas, but unless we renounce or trade their draft rights the only way for them to play in the NBA is through us.

2 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

They don't have any leverage. They can refuse to sign with the G-league and go overseas, but unless we renounce or trade their draft rights the only way for them to play in the NBA is through us.

Wow

Just now, Dwash said:

Wow

Some people say it's better to go undrafted than being a second round pick because of this.

Of course you can have a great career overseas making more money than you would make in the NBA, and if you're exceptionally good then the negotiating power shiftss in your favor.

There is also a "nuclear option" that nobody has ever used. A drafted player who doesn't sign a contract may decide not to play basketball the next season. If he's not eligible to play in college, he would reenter the following draft. If he's eligible to play college ball, he would have to wait until the year he would become automatically available for the draft (after his senior year).

So Brooks I believe would not be eligible because he got paid for the summer league games and could hold until next summer, while Rabb would have to spend two years without playing basketball.

Obviously, not playing basketball for a year or more is not going to help any young player's career prospects, let alone second rounders.

16 hours ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

conley/chalmers/baldwin

mclemore/harrison/sheldon

evans/ennis/brooks

parsons/martin/rabb

gasol/wright/davis

I like out team even if jam doesn't come back

Yikes, can Parsons play the 4 spot?