The_PROOF

MEM Summer League Thread

Just now, Blackwatch said:

Wright has expressed frustration with his role and there are active trade talks involving him. Even if he stays, his injury history says that we can expect DD to get the heavy back up minutes this fall.

Ennis will probably get heavy starter minutes if (when) Parsons ' knee continues to shred. Evans and Daniels are No D wings , if they are the first off the bench, the Grizz are in serious trouble. I like them situationally, but as part of the regular rotation, oh boy. Honestly, I like the Summer League team better than that bench you listed. Harrison is better than Baldwin though.   

I understand those criticisms. I was just pointing out that those guys won't be expected to major contributors for the bench, therefore their SL performance doesn't affect my view.   

As for Wright - I wonder if they really want to move him now that they see Davis isn't ready for prime-time yet.  

lions    0

wade baldwin  C  deyonta davis  D  jerell martin D  all three win not make todays N.B.A

6 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I understand those criticisms. I was just pointing out that those guys won't be expected to major contributors for the bench, therefore their SL performance doesn't affect my view.   

As for Wright - I wonder if they really want to move him now that they see Davis isn't ready for prime-time yet.  

I'm not as certain that they will actually move him, but I believe any movement won't happen until JaM situation is squared away (unless his salary space is needed).

I understand the reasons for trading him, but here are some reasons to keep him.

To try to trade him to a team with cap space means giving up future draft picks.  The cap space teams are doing it because they know cap space is valuable, and they'll take on the player, but you better give up the pick, and I don't see the Grizzlies giving up future picks at this time.  Nor should they.

To try to trade him to a team with no cap space means there has to be a match in salaries, and the Grizzlies don't want more players, and generally the team taking him on doesn't want more players, so it has to be equitable salaries, which isn't easy to do and really limits the trade partners.

Wright's salary is still a decent bargain, and there is value to having an expiring contract for next year.  Everyone who wants his salary space now will want it next year, too.

The PF/C situation isn't strong now, even if they sign JaM.  Gasol, JaM, Wright, and a bunch of unproven youngsters who aren't as good.

Blue Bear    0

Brooks, is turning out to be great selection. Baldwin is not having a bad game tonight either.

Thomas    0
1 minute ago, Zappastache said:

LOL. Wallace loves that Baldwin 3!

Wish that goober wasn't our GM 😒

Hahaha I saw that. "Nice job!" *wipes brow*

cdp    0

Literally everyone on this team aside from Selden is terrible. Davis, Baldwin n Martin aren't even ready to be backups while Simmons n Brooks need to be signed on two-way contracts only, sorry i've seen enough to say that already.‎

KGF    0
11 minutes ago, Zappastache said:

He has a lot of confidence, I'll give him that.

Brooks looks good. 

Yeah, both Harrison and Baldwin have alot of confidence. The problem is that neither have an ounce of talent nor a basketball IQ. 

5 minutes ago, cdp said:

Literally everyone on this team aside from Selden is terrible. Davis, Baldwin n Martin aren't even ready to be backups while Simmons n Brooks need to be signed on two-way contracts only, sorry i've seen enough to say that already.‎

Lol. We need to develop them right? I mean that's what the board says. Can't give up on them

I thought wade looked better today. But agree that selden is miles ahead of all others. But that goes to show you what one year can do. He has improved so much since last year 

16 minutes ago, Zappastache said:

Baldwin never passes when he gets into the paint.. Has ZERO vision 👀

Having a pg with good court vision would make some of are players look better

I have to keep telling myself, "It's only Summer League, it's only summer league" when watching Selden.

He looks great....but it's only summer league.

31 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

I have to keep telling myself, "It's only Summer League, it's only summer league" when watching Selden.

He looks great....but it's only summer league.

Agree but my main take away how much better he is looking this year

Ndq0327    0

Baldwin isn't a pg and his handle is way too lose. If Baldwin wants to succeed in the league he needs to get in the gym and bulk up and just be a bully guard that gets to the rim he isn't explosive or quick so he needs to double down on strength.

Really glad that Davis rekindled some  hope yesterday.    His production showed that everyone that argued he needs a competent PG to meet his potential was correct.    

chipc3    0
2 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Really glad that Davis rekindled some  hope yesterday.    His production showed that everyone that argued he needs a competent PG to meet his potential was correct.    

One game in summer league is not confirmation of anything.