The_PROOF

MEM Summer League Thread

grizz1016    0
5 minutes ago, pjoe said:

I like how Selden gears down when he closes in on the bucket under pressure.  He gets under control and then goes up strong.

I hope they let him start at the 2. He's really solid defensively as well.

9 minutes ago, grizz1016 said:

Baldwin turning the ball over trying to do too much

That can't be true. Fizz is a master developer so Baldwin will be an All-Star this year. There's no way he's the same player as last year.

I think Baldwin will get traded shortly after SL to tell you the truth. I'd take Selden, Evans and even McLemore over him any day. 

pjoe    0
11 minutes ago, grizz1016 said:

We will see.  He looks impressive.  Won't be surprised if that concludes Selden's Summer League.  I think he's earned a spot.

Subliminal    0
7 minutes ago, Blue Bear said:

Jarrell, 7 fouls?

Maybe he can replace Jam after all 🤔

31 minutes ago, grizz1016 said:

I get the feeling that McLemore will start at the 2, Tyreke will be the first G off of the bench and will play lead G with Conley off of the ball and Selden will be the backup 2. I'm not sure if Baldwin and Harrison will fit on this team, although the Great Fizz will surely find a way to get Harrison minutes no matter who outplays him. 

Blue Bear    0
7 minutes ago, BeastModeGrizz said:

Blew a big lead and now down 2. This looks like the same all Grizzlies alright. SMH

That's about how our season may look this year.

Thomas    0

I'd take Selden and Troy Williams over all of our drafted young guys.

pjoe    0

Selden obviously was best player on floor.  I think we shut him down and tell him to get ready for training camp.

Other guys looked ok, but need to see who else will step up.

srmjr23    0
16 minutes ago, Blue Bear said:

Davis, Martin and Baldwin not looking too promising in this one.

Disagree about Davis and Baldwin, wholeheartedly.

13 minutes ago, Thomas said:

I'd take Selden and Troy Williams over all of our drafted young guys.

I said this last summer and still stand beside it. Not sure what happened and why they were not drafted but they are clearly better than Baldwin and Harrison. i am interested in seeing what Rabb and Brooks will bring though

SC Grizz    0
1 hour ago, Notorious O.D.K. said:

I get the feeling that McLemore will start at the 2, Tyreke will be the first G off of the bench and will play lead G with Conley off of the ball and Selden will be the backup 2. I'm not sure if Baldwin and Harrison will fit on this team, although the Great Fizz will surely find a way to get Harrison minutes no matter who outplays him. 

I think Tyreke is insurance for the inevitable Parsons injury too. Classic CW - get an injury prone player as insurance for an injury prone player.

Where are you guys watching the game? Is it on NBAtv or online? 

1 minute ago, SC Grizz said:

I think Tyreke is insurance for the inevitable Parsons injury too. Classic CW - get an injury prone player as insurance for an injury prone player.

Where are you guys watching the game? Is it on NBAtv or online? 

I think the game was on ESPNU. They are showing most games on NBATV.  I don't watch too many SL games. it's pure trash. The talent level is marginal with a bunch of draft picks. in ways, you can kind of see what they offer but to me not really. The only thing I get out of it is if someone really struggles. 

Selden looks like a real pro with an edge.  Baldwin scored but didn't look like a pg.  He looked like a high school Russell Westbrook wannabe.  I liked Brooks.  He seems to know his job and get his shot off quick.  I'm fearful if those are our starting bigs.  J. Martin plays hard but has no true skillset.  Davis plays like a Ben Wallace that just wants to rebound and block shots.  I like Kobi Simmons.  He looked better than Baldwin.  He may be a real asset a lot of flash and swag with IQ.  He will be a great G league two way player but will get picked up quickly if we let him walk.  He may make some teams gameday roster as a third pg.

YO