The_PROOF

MEM Summer League Thread

Ndq0327    0

To revisit the who we should develop thread Rade, Brooks, Seldon the other ones can go play in Southhaven all I care and maybe learn how to play basketball

Simmons looks like a bad shot taker too.

I don't like any of the young guys on the summer league roster other than Selden, maybe Brooks can be a Pondexter type. 

cdp    0

Seldens shown to be the only keeper out of all them so far. I wouldn't hesitate to let any of the draftees go if it meant the team gets better. Guess we're gonna have to waaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiit n see. Here comes the drought ya'll.

You guys are funny.  Davis shoots 4-4 from the field 2-2 from the line 10 pts and 7 reb with 2 blocks in 26 minutes and he's trash because you don't like his body language.

Ndq0327    0
Just now, smit-tay griz said:

You guys are funny.  Davis shoots 4-4 from the field 2-2 from the line 10 pts and 7 reb with 2 blocks in 26 minutes and he's trash because you don't like his body language.

He's trash cause he let a 6'7 powerforward drop 22 on his head hes trash cause he hasnt looked good the whole summer hes trash cause someone anointed him the golden boy before he's done anything worth being anointed for

Allen    0

Who anointed Davis as anything?

Davis was solid this summer league

Blue Bear    0

Don't let the stat sheet fool ya. Davis just really haven't been as effective as he should be in his second year.

Ndq0327    0

Of the roster young guys Seldon and Brooks were the only two to show a half way decent BBall IQ Rade seems smart but out of place in a summer league style game. The other three  stooges are very disappointing.

2 minutes ago, Allen said:

Davis shouldn't be solid, he should be dominating. 

Blue Bear    0
7 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

Of the roster young guys Seldon and Brooks were the only two to show a half way decent BBall IQ Rade seems smart but out of place in a summer league style game. The other three  stooges are very disappointing.

Hunter and Simmons had moments.

Blue Bear    0
7 minutes ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

Exactly, this is not his draft class. 

Ndq0327    0
1 minute ago, Allen said:

Davis was solid doing what? He's slow and plodding up the floor like Marc he seems to have lost all his athleticism and his IQ of what to do on the court is almost non existent aside from the one game he has been very disappointing.... Oh and the radio slash blogger fanboys anointed him after Marc gave him a few compliments

Ndq0327    0
2 minutes ago, Blue Bear said:

Hunter and Simmons had moments.

I was just talking about the important young guys Simmons us a GLeaguer and Hunter will likely be back over seas.

Allen    0
14 minutes ago, cdp said:

Seldens shown to be the only keeper out of all them so far. I wouldn't hesitate to let any of the draftees go if it meant the team gets better. Guess we're gonna have to waaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiit n see. Here comes the drought ya'll.

Training camp almost. I don't care about basketball during football season 

Ndq0327    0
4 minutes ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

This is what I'm saying don't give them a pass our team should have dominated SL considering they have played together the longest and we had 6 roster guys playing. Just being ok or solid in SL when you are playing against Dleague level talent doesn't bode well for the NBA season

3 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

Davis was solid doing what? He's slow and plodding up the floor like Marc he seems to have lost all his athleticism and his IQ of what to do on the court is almost non existent aside from the one game he has been very disappointing.... Oh and the radio slash blogger fanboys anointed him after Marc gave him a few compliments

I get the Deandre Jordan vibe from him. I hate deandre Jordan, by the way. If Davis is going to be a defensive stopper he needs to pattern his game after Gobert.

My favorite player from the summer league is Rade. He didn't score a lot, but the guy has ball skills, in my opinion. Selden is a summer league superstar, but I'd have rather seen him play lockdown defense. 

Allen    0
3 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

I don't know how fast you expect a center to get up the court but Davis is a great athlete for a man his size

And Davis rebounded well and protected the rim all Summer league. Not sure what you were looking at

Ndq0327    0
1 minute ago, Allen said:

I don't know how fast you expect a center to get up the court but Davis is a great athlete for a man his size

And Davis rebounded well and protected the rim all Summer league. Not sure what you were looking at

Did you not watch the game that just went off? Or how bout the game yesterday When Pelle protected the rim for the Heat for what ever reason DD our rim protector was guarding Stokes more than Swannigan. I'm pretty sure both of them had double doubles and I saw one jumpshotmade between the two of them. So how much protection did the rim get from DD. 

If you wanna give him a pass for his small accomplishments then fine but when he's supposed to be in the rotation next year he barely did anything that would make me feel comfortable with that idea

10 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

He's trash cause he let a 6'7 powerforward drop 22 on his head hes trash cause he hasnt looked good the whole summer hes trash cause someone anointed him the golden boy before he's done anything worth being anointed for

Stokes has always had a good nose for rebounding and he got most of his when DD was helping on defense, and Jarnell is 6'9" with 30 more lbs and 3 years more experience.  I'm not gonna give up on DD yet.  I think he'll be fine.

Ndq0327    0
7 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

I get the Deandre Jordan vibe from him. I hate deandre Jordan, by the way. If Davis is going to be a defensive stopper he needs to pattern his game after Gobert.

My favorite player from the summer league is Rade. He didn't score a lot, but the guy has ball skills, in my opinion. Selden is a summer league superstar, but I'd have rather seen him play lockdown defense. 

DD isn't long enough to pattern his game after Gobert .....Davis best bet is to become DJ with a better shot but he's nowhere near as athletic.

Ndq0327    0
2 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

Stokes has always had a good nose for rebounding and he got most of his when DD was helping on defense, and Jarnell is 6'9" with 30 more lbs and 3 years more experience.  I'm not gonna give up on DD yet.  I think he'll be fine.

Stokes game hasn't gotten any better with his experience he just tried harder than our bigs

Ndq0327    0
13 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

I liked Rade too I think he will look good playing with vets

5 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

Did you not watch the game that just went off? Or how bout the game yesterday When Pelle protected the rim for the Heat for what ever reason DD our rim protector was guarding Stokes more than Swannigan. I'm pretty sure both of them had double doubles and I saw one jumpshotmade between the two of them. So how much protection did the rim get from DD. 

If you wanna give him a pass for his small accomplishments then fine but when he's supposed to be in the rotation next year he barely did anything that would make me feel comfortable with that idea

I've watched all the Grizzlies' summer league games and I see Davis positioning himself well for the most part on defense.  He had two blocks in the game which was the most by any player on either team.  What's the deal, he's a scrub if he doesn't block 10 shots a game?  No, he is not an aggressive offensive player, but that seems to be the only thing folks on here care about.  He's only 20 and I think he has shown he can be a useful contributor.

Some of you critics on these boards would be the absolute worst development coaches because you have no patience.

12 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

Stokes game hasn't gotten any better with his experience he just tried harder than our bigs

Davis seems like the only thing close to a "big" on the team.  All the rest seem like "mediums".