The_PROOF

MEM Summer League Thread

7 minutes ago, costarica2 said:

Selden is the Westbrook of the summer league no one has rly stop him so far .

Best prospect we've had in years in my opinion.

Ndq0327    0
1 hour ago, smit-tay griz said:

We have shooters on our summer league team?  Who are they?

What channel is the game on?

Rade and Brooks can knock down open shots...Both William Howard and Jeremy Morgan are known to be shooters. Plus Wayne has been knocking them down too. So that's 5

Ndq0327    0
Just now, The Stro Show said:

Best prospect we've had in years in my opinion.

Yea if you don't count Troy Williams to think we could have had both of them. 

16 minutes ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

How come Rade gets such a pass, he has looked like a bum

looks better than Parsons lol

48 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

Rade and Brooks can knock down open shots...Both William Howard and Jeremy Morgan are known to be shooters. Plus Wayne has been knocking them down too. So that's 5

Those guys can hit some shots, but they aren't what I call "shooters".  Those guys are more like scorers.  Selden drives to the rim more than taking jumpers.  Brooks is more like a shooter than Selden from what I've seen, but still not sure if he qualifies as a shooter.  Shooters to me are more like those guys Mitchell and Clavell that MIA had that were torching us whenever they got a couple of inches of space.

Edit:  I don't know where I got "Mitchell" from.  I meant Matt Williams.

13 hours ago, The Stro Show said:

Yup I've noticed the same thing. Very odd

and what suprises me the most is that...no coach or trainer has caught on to it and had him to work and change that..he has been doing it every since he's been in the nba

Dwash    0
1 hour ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

and what suprises me the most is that...no coach or trainer has caught on to it and had him to work and change that..he has been doing it every since he's been in the nba

Uh Im sure someone has told him. Its up to the player to break habits.

Ndq0327    0
2 hours ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

How come Rade gets such a pass, he has looked like a bum

What were you expecting from a euro player who hadn't played a game in 5 months Ginobli or something??? He gets a pass cause it's obviously he isn't used to the American style of play and it looks like he's more of a system guy and summer league isn't the place for that style of play. He will be better with the vets the one we should really be upset about is Martin hes about as frustrating as Baldwin 

cdp    0

Takin on Portland in the semifinals in about 30 minutes. 5:00 cst. Could be the last grizz game for like 3+ months god help us

53 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

What were you expecting from a euro player who hadn't played a game in 5 months Ginobli or something??? He gets a pass cause it's obviously he isn't used to the American style of play and it looks like he's more of a system guy and summer league isn't the place for that style of play. He will be better with the vets the one we should really be upset about is Martin hes about as frustrating as Baldwin 

I was expecting him to not look slower than molasses and to be able to throw it in from the ocean. 

I don't get why he looks like a system player either, he hasn't shown any passing or shooting skills at all and judging off of his Euro stats, he had limited range in the Mickey Mouse league he played in. 5 points on 36% shooting is inexcusable, feels like a waste of a roster spot. 

46 minutes ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

I was expecting him to not look slower than molasses and to be able to throw it in from the ocean. 

I don't get why he looks like a system player either, he hasn't shown any passing or shooting skills at all and judging off of his Euro stats, he had limited range in the Mickey Mouse league he played in. 5 points on 36% shooting is inexcusable, feels like a waste of a roster spot. 

I somewhat agree. He has a long way to go.

lsugrizzfan    0
5 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

We have shooters on our summer league team?  Who are they?

What channel is the game on?

We don't have any! I mean the team ignores/ doesn't bother getting shooting even during the summer league. 

fanboyslim    0
1 minute ago, Blue Bear said:

This is a blow out already and it's not even close to halftime.

Portland's ball handling is pathetic. Every time we put a little pressure they cough up the ball.

Blue Bear    0
9 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

Portland's ball handling is pathetic. Every time we put a little pressure they cough up the ball.

I don't know how they are 4-2, but watch them go on a run in the second half. 

JWill4L    0

Rade is gonna be good. I'm gonna say that a lot. He doesn't get many touches, but he has a high IQ. Like the kid's tools a lot.

SC Grizz    0
1 hour ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

Rade's shooting mechanics are already easily top 5 on our roster. He is slow, but should be fine as a small ball or stretch 4, IMO. 

Ndq0327    0
13 minutes ago, Blue Bear said:

Vincent Hunter may be a better option to develop over Martin.

I'm trying to figure if he can become anything other than a garbage guy

Ndq0327    0
4 minutes ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

I give up on Davis too I think, showing virtually nothing

He's not as Athletic as I thought the Pelle kid yesterday was an athletic shot blocker. DD is just so slow reacting to stuff even if he does get the block or rebound