Memfizz

Anybody else low on optimism for this season?

Recommended Posts

Memfizz    0

Anyone else?  I just haven't been so unexcited for a season in years.

 

Losing Zbo and Vince isn't killer to our overall talent, but we didn't get anything for it to be excited about except cap space.. Which is hogged by Conley Parsons Gasol anyways.

The bigger issue here is they really kept our mojo afloat imo.  Our team always struggled to keep a good mentality throughout the whole season, but the two guys who kept their chin up and would right the ship was always Zbo and Vince.  They were a lot of the heart and it seemed like the team looked up to them.. The city loved them on and off and it brought an extra energy.

We don't have any ultra rookies to be excited about. Our only new face to get much burn is Maclemore..

Gasol and Parsons don't necessarily excite anyone or lead us, which we need, quite the opposite actually.

Conley is going to burn out again with this squad, it's all on his shoulders, again..

Warriors are going to dominate even more now, we can't try grinding them.

Not trying to be negative but I just have a bad feeling about this season where we're at.

 

Best case scenario: We find a new identity and solid offense defense, Parsons gets comfortable, we get a 4-8 seed.

But I see us falling to a 8-10 seed purgatory with Denver, Wolves, and dare I say Kings improving. Just sending like no man's land and minus a big part our heart.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MemphisX    0

Lmao...aren't you the same dude who called me crazy when I said it was time to rebuild?  Now you sad? Poor baby...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WVgrizz    0

I am optimistic about this team. Let's look at the basics....We still have Mike Conley Jr, who in my opinion is a Top 5 PG. We have Marc Gasol who is a Top 5 Center. Chandler Parsons (when healthy) is very serviceable. JaM could be a possible double-double guy for us if he comes back. We have a bench scorer now in Tyreke Evans. McLemore is a talent who was on a horrible team. (I think he will shine for the Grizz) James Ennis is a solid rotation guy, Jarrell Martin has potential to be very serviceable. Andrew Harrison is gritty. Wayne Selden is gritty. Davis has all the tools to be good. Baldwin has a lot of potential and is very athletic. Troy Daniels is a great 3 point shooter. If we can get some value out of Rabb, Brooks, and who knows what we have with Zagorac, he is a talented big wing player. We seem to be okay..My only wish now is we somehow dump Wright for a draft pick of value. If JaM doesn't sign the QO we could be in trouble..unless we can get him for a 3 year 21 min deal, I believe that is about what he is worth. Seems we are a little weak in the front court. We need someone other than Wright to back up Marc. Maybe a combo of Martin and Davis gets that done..They are more of PFs than a C tho..we will see.....I don't think we are done making FA moves or possible trades. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Memfizz    0

Think 40 games in, I just see us fishing around for lineups still and same ol same ol too many random wings, minus the heart. It gets harder and harder for whatever's left of the core to keep doing the same path.

Don't you kind of see the domino effect though?  Zbo gone, Marc is exposed even more for lack of effort inside, Jam possibly gone, Marc exposed for lack of defense rebounding and athleticism. These guys always balanced Marc out. Conley now forced to work even harder and burn out once again.  He didn't get any younger.  Less versatile in lineups.

What about guys like Daniels? Will they still have stellar confidence without their mentor around VC?

Roster screams middle of the pack

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Memfizz    0
12 minutes ago, MemphisX said:

Lmao...aren't you the same dude who called me crazy when I said it was time to rebuild?  Now you sad? Poor baby...

That was then, we still had something left. This is now, dynamics have changed.  Catch up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WVgrizz    0

Let's get real tho...Who will beat the Warriors? The West is completely loaded too...Maybe it is time to rebuild. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MemphisX    0
15 minutes ago, Memfizz said:

That was then, we still had something left. This is now, dynamics have changed.  Catch up.

Ain't nothing changed except you accepting reality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
King Dork    0
29 minutes ago, WVgrizz said:

I am optimistic about this team. Let's look at the basics....We still have Mike Conley Jr, who in my opinion is a Top 5 PG. We have Marc Gasol who is a Top 5 Center. Chandler Parsons (when healthy) is very serviceable. JaM could be a possible double-double guy for us if he comes back. We have a bench scorer now in Tyreke Evans. McLemore is a talent who was on a horrible team. (I think he will shine for the Grizz) James Ennis is a solid rotation guy, Jarrell Martin has potential to be very serviceable. Andrew Harrison is gritty. Wayne Selden is gritty. Davis has all the tools to be good. Baldwin has a lot of potential and is very athletic. Troy Daniels is a great 3 point shooter. If we can get some value out of Rabb, Brooks, and who knows what we have with Zagorac, he is a talented big wing player. We seem to be okay..My only wish now is we somehow dump Wright for a draft pick of value. If JaM doesn't sign the QO we could be in trouble..unless we can get him for a 3 year 21 min deal, I believe that is about what he is worth. Seems we are a little weak in the front court. We need someone other than Wright to back up Marc. Maybe a combo of Martin and Davis gets that done..They are more of PFs than a C tho..we will see.....I don't think we are done making FA moves or possible trades. 

 

You lost me at Mike Conley is a top 5 PG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WVgrizz    0
1 minute ago, King Dork said:

You lost me at Mike Conley is a top 5 PG

Okay maybe he is #6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WVgrizz    0

I know everyone is butt hurt over losing Randolph, Carter, and Allen...but dang where is the spirit of you supporters. Its crazy...All the complaining about getting Evans and McLemore is absurd. No faith in Gasol and Conley anymore. No hope for Parsons...Our bench is horrible. Martin and Davis suck.....you guys act like we are gonna go 0-82.....have some faith

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, WVgrizz said:

Okay maybe he is #6

Yeah, we can't forget about Damien "no defense" lillard, and the great playoff clutch kyle bowling ball lowry, and the two for the world john wall.

Can't forget those guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Memfizz    0
4 minutes ago, WVgrizz said:

I know everyone is butt hurt over losing Randolph, Carter, and Allen...but dang where is the spirit of you supporters. Its crazy...All the complaining about getting Evans and McLemore is absurd. No faith in Gasol and Conley anymore. No hope for Parsons...Our bench is horrible. Martin and Davis suck.....you guys act like we are gonna go 0-82.....have some faith

That isn't the fans fault. Zbo and Vince showed tons of leadership on and off the court.  It's Gasols actions that make no one have any faith in him, he shrinks every close playoffs series.  Parsons had a 2 season ending knee injury. Conley is amazing, especially after these playoffs but there's no way he can do it all himself.

And that's the problem, we won't go 0-82, we'll go 40-42.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GF#1    0

LOL. We weren't going to be top 4 in the West no matter what. No potential version of the Grizzlies would be better than Golden State, San Antonio, Houston, or Oklahoma City. What evidence do we have that supports otherwise?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GF#1    0

In no certain order, Westbrook, Curry, Paul, Irving. Struggling with Wall. He's either right before or right after Conley.

So for me, #5 or #6.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Memfizz said:

CP3 is so overrated at this point in his career it's not even funny.  Wall was great last year.

I think Irving is way overrated. He can't win without lebron.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GF#1    0
5 minutes ago, Memfizz said:

CP3 is so overrated at this point in his career it's not even funny.  Wall was great last year.

That's laughable. Tell me which statistical category from this season was so far off from his career averages, and then take into consideration he played the fewest minutes of his career.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GF#1    0
2 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

I think Irving is way overrated. He can't win without lebron.

Neither can Kevin Love but you make him out to be the second coming. Ok.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Pretty optimistic myself.  Smart moves by FO with what we had to work with and actually turning the page on an era (that was on life support).    

Totally excited to see what Fiz does with his new toys and what a fully unshackled Conley can do.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Memfizz    0
1 hour ago, Kevin B Moses said:

I think Irving is way overrated. He can't win without lebron.

Except LeBron literally doesn't win without him in their last championship. He hit every big shot. How many PGs win championships by themselves anyways? Silly comment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Memfizz    0
1 hour ago, GF#1 said:

That's laughable. Tell me which statistical category from this season was so far off from his career averages, and then take into consideration he played the fewest minutes of his career.

You're laughable.  CP3 isn't a superstar anymore let alone top 3 point guard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now