Memfizz

Anybody else low on optimism for this season?

Jetfixer    0

I'll take the over! 37.5 wins, we will beat that....I'm actually looking forward to seeing this new team play.

Here's what i suspect.  The grizz front office give the fans two years of bs and when they fail to make the attendance numbers in year 3, then move the team after year 3.   I believe the front office will work on getting assets and payroll flexibility for the next destination.   Gasol could help the plan by requesting a trade and exiting early.   My guess is mike is going to finish out his contract including the early termination year.

The big question mark is chandler parsons.  If he is crap like last year, the grizz are lottery without a doubt.  If parsons can contribute, they might barely make the playoffs like last year.  Either way, i expect us to be the same or worse for the next couple years.

Before i make predictions on season record, i want to see how chandler parsons does in preseason, but i have this feeling he will not participate in it.

Dwash    0
53 minutes ago, tmoneyinmphs said:

Here's what i suspect.  The grizz front office give the fans two years of bs and when they fail to make the attendance numbers in year 3, then move the team after year 3.   I believe the front office will work on getting assets and payroll flexibility for the next destination.   Gasol could help the plan by requesting a trade and exiting early.   My guess is mike is going to finish out his contract including the early termination year.

The big question mark is chandler parsons.  If he is crap like last year, the grizz are lottery without a doubt.  If parsons can contribute, they might barely make the playoffs like last year.  Either way, i expect us to be the same or worse for the next couple years.

Before i make predictions on season record, i want to see how chandler parsons does in preseason, but i have this feeling he will not participate in it.

I understand the "theory" behind letting TA and Zbo go but the projections on this team seem to be basically the same or worst. Thats why I never saw the point of letting go of icons this late in the game. You can do it when you can either get something for them or you are freeing up room for someone who is clearly better. That is understandable. We moved them out of the way for freaking Tyreke Evans. Will prove to be a pointless move, imo.

Herodotus    0

The negativity in this thread is suffocating.

On 8/31/2017 at 8:49 AM, tmoneyinmphs said:

The predictions of a conspiracy to move the franchise are straight up delusional. If you think you're sounding smart by predicting a conspiracy to move the franchise, you definitely do not; quite the opposite, actually. 

On 8/30/2017 at 5:27 PM, Jetfixer said:

I'll take the over! 37.5 wins, we will beat that....I'm actually looking forward to seeing this new team play.

I agree.  For some reason I think a lot of these pundits are selling MEM short.  Now I do believe the key will be Parsons.   If we go another season and get NOTHING for our $24M salary, then 37.5 wins might be high for the Grizz.  But if Parsons can play and can mesh with Mike and Marc and the youth movement provides athleticism, defense and a little shooting, then I agree with Matt Moore of CBS Sports who says MEM could be as high as 4 or 5 seed in the West.

Fizz pushing the right buttons and keeping Marc "engaged" for the whole season will be paramount.  If he alienates Marc like he did last season by forcing an injured not capable Parsons into the starting lineup, then the team will fracture and the 2nd half of the season will be brutal to watch just like last year.   But if Fiz can pull the right strings and Parsons can play and Mike and Marc will accept him and not freeze him out, MEM can do better than a lot of folks think and I am with you Jetfixer.  I am anxious to see how they play.

On 8/23/2017 at 11:08 PM, Memfizz said:

Yeah say what you want about VC and his struggle to fit in our system at first...but he was a true uplift to our moral, chemistry and overall culture. He got along great with the team, STAFF, and community.  We had a guy who once did this...

And was still humble and cared about player development and other players growth.

completely agree. Before VC, there was Tayshaun.  Grizz have had an older wise veteran to help keep the team calm when things were going south. I think we will miss VC more than many people do. He is a leader and young guys look up to him.  Marc is wise and is a veteran but he simply is not the leader like that.  Mike is quiet and leads by example it seems, but there is no VC type guy anymore on the team and that could hurt. We will see.  Honestly, I wish we could have signed Vince for one more year. But SAC gave him like $8M.  There was no way MEM could do that.  

SAC was smart to get VC and Zach. Zach can show the young guys how to buy their weed and VC can show their young guys how become an NBA player. 

Subliminal    0
11 hours ago, southbluffsgrizzfan said:

SAC was smart to get VC and Zach. Zach can show the young guys how to buy their weed and VC can show their young guys how become an NBA player. 

Burn! 🔥🍁🔥

SC Grizz    0

I am actually really excited for this season because we don't exactly know what to expect! Also because it is the official beginning to a new era for the Grizz. 

Personally I would take the over on 37.5 wins. 

Lol, people on this board and constantly giving us evidence about the demise of the grizzlies. Hopefully one day it will work out for you guys.

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 4:59 PM, MemphisX said:

IMG_0644.JPG

MemphisX    0

Lol...it has happened just as a few of us has predicted.

How did your prediction that the Grizzlies would be a second best team in the West work out?

I think last year was a transition year. I suspect that this year the grizzlies will get better as the year goes along. I'm looking for Harrison, Baldwin and Davis to take on bigger roles.

MemphisX    0
2 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

I think last year was a transition year. I suspect that this year the grizzlies will get better as the year goes along. I'm looking for Harrison, Baldwin and Davis to take on bigger roles.

3 bad players take bigger roles equals bad team...

21 minutes ago, MemphisX said:

3 bad players take bigger roles equals bad team...

And jam will get 15 million a year. So says you and the 3 stooges you parrot. Herrington Vernon caulkins.

The grizzlies have the most idiot reporters in the league and you follow them lockstep.

MemphisX    0
17 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

And jam will get 15 million a year. So says you and the 3 stooges you parrot. Herrington Vernon caulkins.

The grizzlies have the most idiot reporters in the league and you follow them lockstep.

You get dumber every season. Deflecting more and more. Can never support the BS you type. Just banging on your keyboard like a rabid monkey.

Grizz won't get worse even though they will give 3 terrible players a more prominent role. Maybe they will beat the Warriors in the playoffs!!!

9 minutes ago, MemphisX said:

You get dumber every season. Deflecting more and more. Can never support the BS you type. Just banging on your keyboard like a rabid monkey.

Grizz won't get worse even though they will give 3 terrible players a more prominent role. Maybe they will beat the Warriors in the playoffs!!!

Listen Memphisx, the grizzlies aren't at the apocalypse as you seem to believe. Last year they were a top 3 to 4 team in the league for much of the year. They played the best version of the spurs, a spurs team that was blitzing the warriors in game 1 until the warriors dirty tricks took out kawhi, to nearly a 7th game.

But none of that matters to you because you only care about shipping our players off to other teams so that they can win a championship somewhere else. Your model will never work, because nowhere in your model do you ever think the grizzlies can a attract the players they need to win a championship. You ain't drafting your way to a championship no matter how much you think you can.

So I don't care how much you cry bloody murder, the grizzlies would not be better off doing what you want them to do. They will likely win 50 this year, and I could see 2 more seasons of 50 wins, which is fine with me.

GamesOut    0
On 9/4/2017 at 8:55 AM, Kevin B Moses said:

Lol, people on this board and constantly giving us evidence about the demise of the grizzlies. Hopefully one day it will work out for you guys.

Is there a way to find out how the predictions panned out for the 3 previous seasons from this site?

chipc3    0
21 minutes ago, GamesOut said:

Is there a way to find out how the predictions panned out for the 3 previous seasons from this site?

Yes if you are willing to go back and look it up for yourself. 

Dwash    0
19 hours ago, grizzgolf said:

We wont be 11th. Too much talent to be 11th. 

What in the world are you guys seeing, 3 of our starters probably wouldnt start for more than half the teams in the league and the bench is sketchy at best and counts on a couple of guards with declining bodies to be the playmakers. This team aabsolutely can wind up sub .500.