Memfizz

Anybody else low on optimism for this season?

GF#1    0
6 minutes ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

clippers/pelicans/nuggets/jazz all have health issues also...are you take that into consideration

Only Grizzlies players get injured. ;)

Dwash    0
36 minutes ago, GF#1 said:

I said if Conley/Gasol play 80+% of the games? That seems pretty reasonable to me.

We've discussed this before. I think you're overrating the Nuggets, Pelicans, and Clippers.

The Nuggets only lost 4 more games than the Grizzlies (got screwed at the Forum in one game pretty badly at the end) and they upgraded Gallanari to Millsap, discovered that Jokic is a rising star during the year and the talented Murray will be in his second year and should improve greatly.  Not seeing how they wont pass Memphis honestly.

GF#1    0
3 minutes ago, Dwash said:

The Nuggets only lost 4 more games than the Grizzlies (got screwed at the Forum in one game pretty badly at the end) and they upgraded Gallanari to Millsap, discovered that Jokic is a rising star during the year and the talented Murray will be in his second year and should improve greatly.  Not seeing how they wont pass Memphis honestly.

Like I said, health will be key. It's absolutely possible for Denver to finish ahead of Memphis if Conley/Gasol miss a lot of games and Parsons isn't at least a decent role player. But IMO, Conley and Gasol are better than any two players on the Nuggets, and if we're able to agree to a contract with JMG, I think we'll have enough role guys to be better than Denver.

Again, injuries could change this. But all things being equal, Memphis is better.

Dwash    0
1 hour ago, GF#1 said:

Like I said, health will be key. It's absolutely possible for Denver to finish ahead of Memphis if Conley/Gasol miss a lot of games and Parsons isn't at least a decent role player. But IMO, Conley and Gasol are better than any two players on the Nuggets, and if we're able to agree to a contract with JMG, I think we'll have enough role guys to be better than Denver.

Again, injuries could change this. But all things being equal, Memphis is better.

Im not seeing how you are making these assessments. I am talking both sides healthy. Look at the spots Denver is better at. They have like 5 guys at the 2, 3 and 4 that would easily start for Memphis. Harris, Chandler, Millsap, Faried, Barton. Then with Plumlee and Nelson their bench is just better too. JMG isnt even close to Millsap and is neck and neck with Faried imo.

If one of our "advantages" to negate that is Gasol over Jokic then that is paltry at best considering that the 22 year old Jokic just led all centers in PER last year at 26.4 while the 32 year old Gasol finished 16th among centers at 20.32.

Jokic also had a dprm of 16th among centers at 2.29. Gasol could not be located in the top 40.

Jokic also had the best orpm among centers. When he has on the court last year the Nuggets Otrg was at 114.9. Higher than GSW at 113 according to one article I read.

Currently, the only adavantage that you can really say for sure is Conley over Murray. He was better last year, but this 19 year old is so talented that Cleveland just requested him for Kyrie and got denied. I dont know if you have paid attention to him much but if you have time I would say check out some of his work last year cause he has mad skills and is a heady player too.

lions    0

the next three will be like watching the 2007-2009 grizzlies maybe not 20 wins 32=36 wins

lions    0

gasol will ask for a trade followed by conley ,i hope we don,t wait to long to trade them . the longer the grizzlis wait, the less valve they will have .this season will give the smart Grizzlies the answers

cdp    0

Millsaps impact on Nuggets will be vastly overrated. They're gonna need to move a big anyways cuz they've got too many rotation guys n not enough minutes to go around. They'll also need their young guards to step up especially Mudiay. Murray did have a solid first season tho. I got us n the Pels just barely makin it in over them. Maybe even by a tiebreaker that's how close it could be.

On paper they do look better but i don't think it's gonna translate that way.

1 hour ago, Dwash said:

imo gallanari/millsap is a wash (stats abought the same plus both played around 65 games last season)...lets see how good jokic is when teams start deciding to take him out of the game...and with Murray you basing that on hope that he improves (something that we don't believe in on these board no player ever improves if you ask some on this board)

1 hour ago, Dwash said:

Im not seeing how you are making these assessments. I am talking both sides healthy. Look at the spots Denver is better at. They have like 5 guys at the 2, 3 and 4 that would easily start for Memphis. Harris, Chandler, Millsap, Faried, Barton. Then with Plumlee and Nelson their bench is just better too. JMG isnt even close to Millsap and is neck and neck with Faried imo.

If one of our "advantages" to negate that is Gasol over Jokic then that is paltry at best considering that the 22 year old Jokic just led all centers in PER last year at 26.4 while the 32 year old Gasol finished 16th among centers at 20.32.

Jokic also had a dprm of 16th among centers at 2.29. Gasol could not be located in the top 40.

Jokic also had the best orpm among centers. When he has on the court last year the Nuggets Otrg was at 114.9. Higher than GSW at 113 according to one article I read.

Currently, the only adavantage that you can really say for sure is Conley over Murray. He was better last year, but this 19 year old is so talented that Cleveland just requested him for Kyrie and got denied. I dont know if you have paid attention to him much but if you have time I would say check out some of his work last year cause he has mad skills and is a heady player too.

so Denver had the best center in the NBA last year...one of the best offensive lineups and STILL didn't make the playoff :blink:...the only number that matter in the NBA is W/L...and I believe our guys no how to win better than theirs.

3 hours ago, chipc3 said:

In no particular order: Warriors, Rockets, Spurs, Thunder, Clippers, Blazers, Jazz, Nuggets, TWolves and Pelicans all have legitimate claims to be better on paper than the Grizzlies. Throw in the history of health issues with players counted on to provide significant contributions and it is possible all the teams could pass the Grizzlies. 

What does "reasonable health" even mean in Memphis? Conley broke his back last season and people around here say he was reasonably healthy after all. 

The Jazz are better than us on paper?  Their best returning scorer scores 14 per and second best is at 12.  After that everyone under 10.  You must be expecting some rookies to blow up.

Dwash    0
1 hour ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

imo gallanari/millsap is a wash (stats abought the same plus both played around 65 games last season)...lets see how good jokic is when teams start deciding to take him out of the game...and with Murray you basing that on hope that he improves (something that we don't believe in on these board no player ever improves if you ask some on this board)

I got that he is potential. Its simple. Denver is hands down better at 3 positions and the bench. Do you dispute that Millsap, Chandler and Harris were all better than what the Grizzlies have? That Barton, Faried, Plumlee, Nelson is a stronger bench?

Their center posted better stats than our all star center last year after his playing time increased and his competitor was moved to another team.  The only position where Memphis looks to be better at the moment Denver has a budding young star going into his 2nd year. Memphis also let tons of experience that "knows how to win" as you say go out the door.

Denver looks better than Memphis on paper. Not hard to see that when stacked side by side.

1 hour ago, Dwash said:

I got that he is potential. Its simple. Denver is hands down better at 3 positions and the bench. Do you dispute that Millsap, Chandler and Harris were all better than what the Grizzlies have? That Barton, Faried, Plumlee, Nelson is a stronger bench?

Their center posted better stats than our all star center last year after his playing time increased and his competitor was moved to another team.  The only position where Memphis looks to be better at the moment Denver has a budding young star going into his 2nd year. Memphis also let tons of experience that "knows how to win" as you say go out the door.

Denver looks better than Memphis on paper. Not hard to see that when stacked side by side.

first off yes I believe Gasol/Conley is better than Milsap/Harris if you don't believe that I don't no what else to say...the two chandler are almost the same...production and injury wise.

Nelson is a wash with chamlers is we decide to keep him

Barton/Plumlee are good I do admit but no better than seldom/wright imo

Faried is an overhyped energy guy...hasn't improve a lick in two years...wouldnt be surprised if martion would produce more if given the same mins

beside from zbo most of our winning plays came from gasol and conley

and yes you are correct with saying Denver looks better on paper than us... because of name not really production/talent.

Dwash    0
1 hour ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

first off yes I believe Gasol/Conley is better than Milsap/Harris if you don't believe that I don't no what else to say...the two chandler are almost the same...production and injury wise.

Nelson is a wash with chamlers is we decide to keep him

Barton/Plumlee are good I do admit but no better than seldom/wright imo

Faried is an overhyped energy guy...hasn't improve a lick in two years...wouldnt be surprised if martion would produce more if given the same mins

beside from zbo most of our winning plays came from gasol and conley

and yes you are correct with saying Denver looks better on paper than us... because of name not really production/talent.

Dude, their center and pg are Jokic and Murray. What are you talking about Millsap/Harris??? I showed you that Jokic has better numbers offensively and defensively than Gasol and is 10 years younger.  And you and everyone on this board would trade Parsons for Wilson Chandler in a heartbeat, mane please.

Like I keep saying...Memphis has a clear advantage at ONE spot and Denver has a guy who appears to be one of the best young talents in the game at that spot. So that advantage might be gone soon. 

1 hour ago, Dwash said:

Dude, their center and pg are Jokic and Murray. What are you talking about Millsap/Harris??? I showed you that Jokic has better numbers offensively and defensively than Gasol and is 10 years younger.  And you and everyone on this board would trade Parsons for Wilson Chandler in a heartbeat, mane please.

Like I keep saying...Memphis has a clear advantage at ONE spot and Denver has a guy who appears to be one of the best young talents in the game at that spot. So that advantage might be gone soon. 

hey you are the one that mention it quote:

"I got that he is potential. Its simple. Denver is hands down better at 3 positions and the bench. Do you dispute that Millsap, Chandler and Harris were all better than what the Grizzlies have? That Barton, Faried, Plumlee, Nelson is a stronger bench? "

when It come down to both chandlers they are both great players that have been held back by injuries..i would take either if both were healthy.

and milsap is ok...he is more like a 3rd/4th option of a tile contender...he is most def not an alpha #1 option...so you betting on either jokic or murray or harris or who ever to become a leader of the team because it aint going to be milsap

I cant really speak on jokic havnt seen much of him...bt like I said let me see him put those numbers up when there is plenty of tape to watch and teams decided to take him out of the games...will he still produce enough...well  I mean will he produce better because what he did last year wasn't enough to get them to the playoff.

EDIT: watch a few highlights of jokic...a few thing become immediately apparent...he is a good midrange shooter..he is a above average passer for a big....bt if he is to become what you think he can be he has to obtain some kind of post moves because I have seem HS kid with better footwork and most of his scoring comes off of just being wide open aka not being the focal point of the defense.

Memfizz    0

Yeah say what you want about VC and his struggle to fit in our system at first...but he was a true uplift to our moral, chemistry and overall culture. He got along great with the team, STAFF, and community.  We had a guy who once did this...

And was still humble and cared about player development and other players growth.

6 hours ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

"I got that he is potential. Its simple. Denver is hands down better at 3 positions and the bench. Do you dispute that Millsap, Chandler and Harris were all better than what the Grizzlies have? That Barton, Faried, Plumlee, Nelson is a stronger bench? "

when It come down to both chandlers they are both great players that have been held back by injuries..i would take either if both were healthy.

and milsap is ok...he is more like a 3rd/4th option of a tile contender...he is most def not an alpha #1 option...so you betting on either jokic or murray or harris or who ever to become a leader of the team because it aint going to be milsap

I cant really speak on jokic havnt seen much of him...bt like I said let me see him put those numbers up when there is plenty of tape to watch and teams decided to take him out of the games...will he still produce enough...well  I mean will he produce better because what he did last year wasn't enough to get them to the playoff.

EDIT: watch a few highlights of jokic...a few thing become immediately apparent...he is a good midrange shooter..he is a above average passer for a big....bt if he is to become what you think he can be he has to obtain some kind of post moves because I have seem HS kid with better footwork and most of his scoring comes off of just being wide open aka not being the focal point of the defense.

He is comparing position to position.  Millsap is better than Martin, Chandler is better than Parsons, Harris is better than whoever the Grizzlies start at SG.  I think he is pretty much right in his assertion that Denver is better on paper.  We'll see when the season starts and we go head-to-head.  It may not be that simple, but right now ...?

Dwash    0
8 hours ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

He waa the best player on a team that won 4 less games than Memphis. You may not know who he is but I assure you that the league recognizes.

chipc3    0
13 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

The Jazz are better than us on paper?  Their best returning scorer scores 14 per and second best is at 12.  After that everyone under 10.  You must be expecting some rookies to blow up.

I love their defense. Offense will be a struggle but they have an excellent coach and some players who could step up and score more. 

chipc3    0

Has everyone seen yesterday's press conference? Some interesting comments were made. 

Fizdale is excited on how much faster the team will be with Mario (torn Achilles), Tyreke (3 knee injuries) and Ben Mc (broken foot) make the team. That's a pretty big slam at Z-Bo, TA and Vince. Wallace refused to answer the question about when JaMychal's press conference will be held. 

50 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Has everyone seen yesterday's press conference? Some interesting comments were made. 

Fizdale is excited on how much faster the team will be with Mario (torn Achilles), Tyreke (3 knee injuries) and Ben Mc (broken foot) make the team. That's a pretty big slam at Z-Bo, TA and Vince. Wallace refused to answer the question about when JaMychal's press conference will be held. 

tyreke has been healthy well over a year now...did you hear that in the press conference?

chipc3    0
2 hours ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

tyreke has been healthy well over a year now...did you hear that in the press conference?

I ignored it if he said it since he only played 40 games last season. He played 26 games and averaged 18.2 MPG in New Orleans where he shot 40.1% from the 30% from the arc. It seems everyone wants to focus on the 14 games he played in Sacramento when he shot 41.3% from the field but 43.8% from the arc. 

Gradey    0
On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 4:15 PM, lions said:

gasol will ask for a trade followed by conley ,i hope we don,t wait to long to trade them . the longer the grizzlis wait, the less valve they will have .this season will give the smart Grizzlies the answers

I could see Marc getting moved....but I really don't see anyone taking Mike's contract.  Maybe I'm wrong...but I don't see it.